Just burn the redshirt already

The problem is with our play calling, it wouldn't have mattered if JW was out there at UVA.

We are setting our players up to fail with what we are asking them to do.. From OL blocking scheme, route combo's, QB reads on throws & RPO's.. There are no easy plays out there.. Everything must go perfect for a play to succeed. It's just bad schematics.

Advertisement
The problem is with our play calling, it wouldn't have mattered if JW was out there at UVA.

We are setting our players up to fail with what we are asking them to do.. From OL blocking scheme, route combo's, QB reads on throws & RPO's.. There are no easy plays out there.. Everything must go perfect for a play to succeed. It's just bad schematics.

Just out of curiosity, how do you think things normally go on most teams when a play succeeds?

Am I doing it right?

13MwXe5PaDlhZK.gif

How do you think things normally go on most teams when a play succeeds?

Most coaches call plays to their teams strengths. I think we do a poor job of that.

Watch other teams draw up plays.. Easy pitch & catch for the QB/WR. No tight throw. No crazy reads. How often do you see that? I never do. Everything looks pressed. We ask the OL to engage for longer periods of time with zero knowledge as to where the play is going (handcuffing them) Ex: Can't go down field in case it is a pass, can't cut on certain plays in case it's a run/option. Here's a thought, X&O wise: Don't ask our weak LG to reach the monster DT lined up in a 3 technique who keeps slanting & seal him. Instead, maybe down block with the LT & have the LG kick out the DE. That's every play. We don't have grown men in the trenches. Stop calling plays that expose it.

And how much have you seen of jarren to make that argument? Your basing it off HS tape? I’m not talking about from college to the NFL..we’re talking about a 17 year olds who enrolled early and the coaches obv still think he need to grow. Otherwise he’d already have gotten a legit shot. Y’all played the same card with 5 and his talent that “jumped off the screen”. But we’ve seen that it’s more to it the. Just talent
I've seen enough of him to make that judgment. My best guess as to why he hasn't gotten his shot yet is QB depth going into next season, Richt not trusting a true freshman QB, & Richt being overly cautious of putting in his future QB too early + ruining his confidence (there's probably some projection going on here, but that's another thread for another day). He probably planned to start Rosier all season to go into next year 3 deep at QB without risking transfers from Cade or Kosi. We see how well that worked out. It should not take losses like this or 4 game losing streaks to see changes. I'd say it's almost like he's in semi-retirement, but he was pulling the same shìt at UGA before things got loud & his hand was forced. The situation now is different but simple: he's either going to step outside his comfort zone & do what it takes to win or do his best to extend the RichtFamilyMoneyGrab by playing it safe until his 5 bite sandwiches get run out of town.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I really couldn't give a shicht about "sacrificing" one guys redshirt when Richt is sacrificing the entire D with this offensive ineptitude. This is near championship level D being "sacrificed". What about all the guys on D giving it all? What about their "sacrifice"?
"Burn" a redshirt for that is worth it IMO

Are you suggesting the only reason Richt isn't playing Williams is that he's trying to preserve his eligibility down the road?

Is it possible that the kid just really isn't ready to be thrown in there yet?

None of these freshman QBs are ready, things are different now in college and NFL, they play sooner have some rough patches and let them be free.

None of these freshman QBs are ready, things are different now in college and NFL, they play sooner have some rough patches and let them be free.
Kids have been playing earlier and earlier, true. But HS QBs are also Being developed and coaches at a faster pace than ever b4 with these QBs coaches and camps these kids go to starting at like 13. I make that point to say this, I don’t think MR and this staff would have a issue playing jarren if they thought he was really ready or he would’ve likely said the **** with the other 3 he give me the best chance. I think you and a some others are basically saying MR is playing the long game as far as depth. I don’t think thats true. If this kid was a Lawrence, Watson or fields type prospect I think no doubt he’d be on the field because coaches now, like u eluded too are playing these kids sooner with no problem. I was at the spring game and the sv st game. I saw a kid who looks the part (talent wise) against much lesser comp then he’d see in conference play. But do I think today, right now he’s better than 12 or Perry behind this oline. **** TF NOOO

Honestly how dumb can fans be?

What honestly makes you think if Uber talented Perry and RS Sr Rosier can't be successful, then a true freshman QB who was clearly the 4th best QB on the roster during camp can be thrown in on the road in the middle of the season?

Stupidest **** I've read in a long time on here and that's saying something

Advertisement
I don't mind waiting til next season. Just know our defense isn't going to be quite as good as this year. We need the horses on the interior side of the D-line. We also need our LB's to start making plays man. We need to recruit 1 QB at least.

Last edited:
I've seen enough of him to make that judgment. My best guess as to why he hasn't gotten his shot yet is QB depth going into next season, Richt not trusting a true freshman QB, & Richt being overly cautious of putting in his future QB too early + ruining his confidence (there's probably some projection going on here, but that's another thread for another day). He probably planned to start Rosier all season to go into next year 3 deep at QB without risking transfers from Cade or Kosi. We see how well that worked out. It should not take losses like this or 4 game losing streaks to see changes. I'd say it's almost like he's in semi-retirement, but he was pulling the same shìt at UGA before things got loud & his hand was forced. The situation now is different but simple: he's either going to step outside his comfort zone & do what it takes to win or do his best to extend the RichtFamilyMoneyGrab by playing it safe until his 5 bite sandwiches get run out of town.
And at UGA he recruited and had Jacob Eason who was gonna be his guy no doubt. I think at UGA he just got stale. But the UGA fans imo with succces of bama, Auburn , Florida and even texa a&m to a degree got real arrogant about their own program acting like they were and should’ve been this national champion ship contender year in and out. When In reality they had 1 nice 3 or 4 year stretch in their history in the early 80s but from then until MR got there it was a lil above mediocre and when he got their it was their best prolonged stretch. Truth is we need to give MR majority of the credit for Kirby’s success until he proves he can substain it just like we do with butch and coker because last year those were mainly MRs roster and even a kid like Fromm and fields was on MRs radar well b4 Kirby had got there and had familiarity with UGA.

Advertisement
Back