Just burn the redshirt already

Advertisement
Jesus Christ a first or second round draft pick after 2-3 years? Crown him already as Miami’s best qb since Dorsey. Let him play meaningful snaps then make your assessment.
Or we can take the Richt route and never play him because he doesn't have any experience. I'd personally rather see what he can do, than have him ride the pine until he's 23.

Whoeve
Or we can take the Richt route and never play him because he doesn't have any experience. I'd personally rather see what he can do, than have him ride the pine until he's 23.
Whoever gets us a W idc who it is

Advertisement
If we are only not playing Williams because the other QBs MIGHT transfer then that’s just stupid.

If we are only not playing Williams because the other QBs MIGHT transfer then that’s just stupid.

I agree but we could also be in quite a predicament next year if he wins the job and Weldon and or Perry transfer. We need to be in the market for a grad transfer to compete and at the very least provide depth.

Advertisement
Dude..your basing this assesment of jarren on what exactly??
Believe it or not, difference makers can be spotted before they've ever taken a snap at the next level. NFL GMs have been doing it for years, as have college teams.

If you've seen film of our QBs throwing and are still asking that question, explaining it probably won't help. Someday, certain guys will start jumping off the screen at you. Jarren is one of those guys.

I agree but we could also be in quite a predicament next year if he wins the job and Weldon and or Perry transfer. We need to be in the market for a grad transfer to compete and at the very least provide depth.

To this I call BS. While it may happen, these two apparently aren’t all that dedicated to football anyway. That being said, they might not transfer. They don’t seem motivated to play at the next level. If they really wanted it, they have to see it that the job is there for the taking. They aren’t taking it from someone who isn’t very good.

To this I call BS. While it may happen, these two apparently aren’t all that dedicated to football anyway. That being said, they might not transfer. They don’t seem motivated to play at the next level. If they really wanted it, they have to see it that the job is there for the taking. They aren’t taking it from someone who isn’t very good.

I'm not saying you don't play him because you're worried about the feelings of the other 2 but at the same time not having a QB recruit this class is a problem. Even only having 2 scholarship QB's is an issue.

Advertisement
Wednesday: "RICHT'S OFFENSE IS TRASH. WE WILL NEVER WIN UNTIL HE GETS AN OC. WE ARE GOING NOWHERE WITH HIS SYSTEM."

Thursday: "You know, we might be a whole lot better if Williams was out there."

You do you, CIS.

Thinking Williams is the answer prove a fundamental misunderstanding of what the problem actually is.

Advertisement
Believe it or not, difference makers can be spotted before they've ever taken a snap at the next level. NFL GMs have been doing it for years, as have college teams.

If you've seen film of our QBs throwing and are still asking that question, explaining it probably won't help. Someday, certain guys will start jumping off the screen at you. Jarren is one of those guys.
And how much have you seen of jarren to make that argument? Your basing it off HS tape? I’m not talking about from college to the NFL..we’re talking about a 17 year olds who enrolled early and the coaches obv still think he need to grow. Otherwise he’d already have gotten a legit shot. Y’all played the same card with 5 and his talent that “jumped off the screen”. But we’ve seen that it’s more to it the. Just talent

There isn’t any good reason to Wait to play Jarren Williams. He is the Most accurate QB. He has the 2nd strongest arm. He is suited both for QB keepers and Kosi style scramble ball. He is more engaged than Perry (which is his weakness) and a better passer than Malik ( which is his weakness)

If he is a future NFL QB then he is gone as soon as he is a 1st or 2nd rounder whether he is a true junior or a RS somphmore.

If he isn’t that type of talent then we will be looking. To recruit someone who is.

It also makes the roster more attractive to a recruit.

It is true that Perry and Weldon MAY transfer but one or both may also stay. If they were so serious about football then they would be putting in the work already. They are not so maybe football isn’t that important to them.

This waiting and saving a player to save eligibility when they are good enough to go now is for the birds.

PLAY THE MAN and it will also help get everyone off your freaking back Richt

I end up repeating the same ol’ quote every single year.

“The backup QB is the most popular guy in town.”

This waiting and saving a player to save eligibility when they are good enough to go now is for the birds.

Are you suggesting the only reason Richt isn't playing Williams is that he's trying to preserve his eligibility down the road?

Is it possible that the kid just really isn't ready to be thrown in there yet?

Advertisement
Back