Just browsing 247.. Bama has 6 DE's committed?

gabednconfused

That/Dude
Premium
I don't get how all 6 of them, top in their class want to go to the same school. Only two of y'all playing at a time...

I think it is funny how we can barely ever recruit for our needs and Bama, Clemson, UGA etc.. can stockpile top talent. Its as if these kids would rather ride pine to the playoff than have a successful career in the NFL.

@Stefan Adams - what is your take on this? Rich get richer? I think we end up getting kids who are always thinking next level rather than being a part of a team. Might be a mentality thing... but 6 DEs... eye opening.

Advertisement
I don't get how all 6 of them, top in their class want to go to the same school. Only two of y'all playing at a time...

I think it is funny how we can barely ever recruit for our needs and Bama, Clemson, UGA etc.. can stockpile top talent. Its as if these kids would rather ride pine to the playoff than have a successful career in the NFL.

@Stefan Adams - what is your take on this? Rich get richer? I think we end up getting kids who are always thinking next level rather than being a part of a team. Might be a mentality thing... but 6 DEs... eye opening.

Some are 3-4DE, other are listed as DE that will be OLB in their 3-4...So it's really for a couple diff positions. But yeah kids wanna go there right now. They are a dynasty.

When you are the best year in year out, kids will want to play there. It's human nature to want to be a winner.

Plus, all think they are the best and will play....and as mentioned some will play different positions. On top of that, they will get a nice financial package up front, top of the line nutrition/weight training/support staff for a few years and can transfer out later if they aren't getting the playing time they expect.

Advertisement
Gotta look at the measurables. Some with be rush OLB in that 3/4 others will be that 3/4 end. They always take a high number of those body types

It’s just pretty obvious kids wanna win nowadays everything else is second to them because the opportunities will come but they’re not passing up winning it means more in their minds

Are you this stupid seriously! Why do you think people want to work at big law firms or work for top companies like Google, Apple.. the perks man the perks. You have a mindset that you look at others and worry about they obtain or where they are in life.

It's not the same thing at all. When they hire you at Google you then don't have to compete for a chance to work code or develop software.

At Bama these kids come in and are put through the wash cycle. If you can't beat out the guy in front of you your options are sit and never see the field or transfer while at the places you describe you are hired to do a specific job and that job is waiting for you.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Didn't they have a 5 star DE from FL grayshirt a couple years back? Saban builds depth like nobody else
Yeah he flew to Paris, France to shoot his commitment video and was then forced to grayshirt 😂

You don't understand why a kid would take a bag and then go ball in one of the top defensive systems in the country? And also the added bonus of the very least making it to the playoffs every year and more often than not winning the whole **** thing? That confuses the OP?

Advertisement

With the new redshirt policy you will see a bunch of them probably transfer out like you will see at every other school. Yes they have lots of players drafted but a majority of them are by no means star players. If you have the talent and work ethic you can make to the league playing at just about any Div 1 program. I would much rather go to a program where I have a chance to play at early than be buried in the line up for 2-3 years.

*** I think it has much more to do with a bandwagon mentality these kids have today. They would rather go play for this Elite team then build something from the ground up.

Bama has a Miss St guy visiting and another uncommitted 4* who looks like a take at 3-4 end too and 2 3-4 olb with Nolan Smith high on their board

Advertisement
Back