Just browsing 247.. Bama has 6 DE's committed?

Advertisement
I wouldn't bet that Alfano (Jersey DL) will be at Bama when the smoke clears...So that's one less DL for them...

JC

I would bet there were many 5*s and high 4*s in that group.
Those players get to the league no matter where they go.
Given who his coaches were, Chickillo is the best example of that.

The want for riding a winner is another conversation.

While I do not disagree...

If you look...a few years back, Tennessee had numerous high end *5* and 4* DL commitments...not sure any of them will be much more than a late late draft pick. The same year Alabama has Daron Payne.

The ones that "make it" just so happen to end up at Bama.

Like I said, its a business decision.

They get prepped for that jump to the pros.

When you are the best year in year out, kids will want to play there. It's human nature to want to be a winner.

Plus, all think they are the best and will play....and as mentioned some will play different positions. On top of that, they will get a nice financial package up front, top of the line nutrition/weight training/support staff for a few years and can transfer out later if they aren't getting the playing time they expect.
They are top rated kids...some may be red shirted and probably does not deter them from committing as they know they have a excellent chance to be on a notional championship team and be well prepared to play on Sunday.

Advertisement
I don't get how all 6 of them, top in their class want to go to the same school. Only two of y'all playing at a time...

I think it is funny how we can barely ever recruit for our needs and Bama, Clemson, UGA etc.. can stockpile top talent. Its as if these kids would rather ride pine to the playoff than have a successful career in the NFL.

@Stefan Adams - what is your take on this? Rich get richer? I think we end up getting kids who are always thinking next level rather than being a part of a team. Might be a mentality thing... but 6 DEs... eye opening.

Like others have said, some of those guys will be OLB's or even end up at DT in Bama's system.

Not many kids that Bama really pushes for are turning them down right now. That's something that comes with winning 5 titles in the past decade.

If Miami wants to recruit at that level consistently, they have to start winning at that level consistently

...When they hire you at Google you then don't have to compete for a chance to work code or develop software...

They might be mostly douche bags, but they are ruthless douche bags.

If you can't compete at a world class mathematics or coding level (or both), you are dismissed very quickly.

It's why their vetting process is so.vaunted and envied.

I don't get how all 6 of them, top in their class want to go to the same school. Only two of y'all playing at a time...

I think it is funny how we can barely ever recruit for our needs and Bama, Clemson, UGA etc.. can stockpile top talent. Its as if these kids would rather ride pine to the playoff than have a successful career in the NFL.

@Stefan Adams - what is your take on this? Rich get richer? I think we end up getting kids who are always thinking next level rather than being a part of a team. Might be a mentality thing... but 6 DEs... eye opening.

This is the reason Bama have so many transfers year in and year out.. These kids today just want to jump on the band wagon instead of making their own history!!

Advertisement
They recruited this way the minute Saban stepped foot on campus, yes the winning helps but it aint about winning. The winning has made it alot easier for them and they have been at there peak for about 8 years. Its probably the greatest run in CFBs modern day era ever. They paid for what they got and are reaping the benefits, its a shame we are worried about hiring the nice guy instead of the right savage. But this is the new U so everyone enjoy it because its here to stay.

Rather then study 20 million genders they need to get there head out of there *** and become the savages they used to be up top. Fuqin program is so disappointing
"20 million genders!"

LOL!

It"s up to that many?

Our culture is becoming so decadent.

You never know whether you're chasing a woman or whatever...

Really hope they take Nolan Smith. He was spouting his useless rhetoric about how Richt would recruit in Florida (Kirby does the same thing at a higher frequency), yet attends a HS in Florida and flipping to a rival in Bama would be sweet hypocrisy at its finest.
Nah, you're just another snook hating on uga on Mork's behalf...

Unlike Richt, Saban believes in creating competition at all positions. He looks to maximize his full scholly numbers.

Both He and Coach K are on different planets and kids gravitate towards winners and savage coaches that hold everyone (including themselves accountable)

These guys r literally making business decision for their futures.

Advertisement
Unlike Richt, Saban believes in creating competition at all positions. He looks to maximize his full scholly numbers.

Both He and Coach K are on different planets and kids gravitate towards winners and savage coaches that hold everyone (including themselves accountable)

These guys r literally making business decision for their futures.

Richt attempts to do the same. Just not as good in recruiting plus he definitely doesn't have the bags. I remember at one point he had a 3-headed monster at RB with no seniors, and a RB riding the pine, and still had 2 4* RBs committed.

Advertisement
If you hate Bama so much then why would wanna see them pull another 5 star? Like it or not UGA made the right call by getting rid of Mork so stop hatin on uga because of that.

Go ahead and find one post in my history where I've praised Richt since the start of the season. You won't find it. I want this kid to go to Bama for the pure hypocrisy since he has so much Georgia pride (yet attends a HS in Florida and is flirting with UGA's rival). I also didn't like UGA when Richt was at UGA either. I also do agree that Kirby was a better fit for UGA and is doing better than Richt has. But keep assuming that I'm a Richt slurper.

Advertisement
Back