Visits Junior Day 2023 March 4

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Wiltfong's write up. Can someone summarize?

Wiltfong stated that:

this was a loaded group of big bodies and visitors got a chance to watch Miami football open up spring camp taking in a practice and sitting in on meetings. Some stayed for the basketball game as well where the Hurricanes clinched the ACC Championship.”

There were quotes from about 6 or 7 kids saying the usual they like the energy and Miami’s in their top group.

The most interesting quote is from Epenesa’s father and in line with things we’ve been told by @Samoan Souljah. As reported and provided by Steve Wiltfong of 247 Sports, Eppy Epenesa, who is the father of 5 star 2025 edge Iose Epenesa, stated that:

“He [Iose] enjoyed Jason Taylor, of course the Hall of Famer. When I told him last summer and Jason was coaching the camp, I told him you know who that guy is and I explained to him he’s a Hall of Famer. He played in the league for a long time and is one of the best defensive ends to play the game. What an honor to see him try and teach you some techniques and some moves. It was pretty cool. Now he got the job and for Iose to come back and go with [Jason Taylor] to his meetings this weekend it was pretty neat. Iose was talking how great that experience was. It was such a great visit for him. Long day but it was worth it. He got to walk around and visit campus. Last time he came he only got to see the camp. He got to sit in on the meetings with other players and watch. Saw a lot of things at practice today and 1-on-1s and team and stuff like that. It was pretty cool to talk to Coach Salave’a. Coach Salave’a my kids call him uncle because that’s because I grew up with him from American Samoa. He was the contact guy for Iose. It was great to see him and see his family and sit down and talk regular. He’s like family. He’s like a little brother to me. It feels good you have somebody you can trust to talk to Iose. After that we met up with Coach Cristobal, he’s straight-forward and he let Iose know he’s going to recruit him hard and he’s going to try and get him. He needs some defensive linemen and he needs some defensive ends and he’s going to work hard to recruit him. I thought that was pretty neat.”

Wiltfong stated that:

The most interesting quote is from Epenesa’s father and in line with things we’ve been told by @Samoan Souljah. As reported and provided by Steve Wiltfong of 247 Sports, Eppy Epenesa, who is the father of 5 star 2025 edge Iose Epenesa, stated that:

👀

Pops was there! Folks are sleeping on the importance of Coach Joe w/the Samoans.

👀

Pops was there! Folks are sleeping on the importance of Coach Joe w/the Samoans.
@Samoan Souljah said it the other day. He told us that Joe and the father came from the same village in Samoa.

Seriously this Samoan thing is real. Years ago @Rellyrell told me and the board that we weren’t landing Poly kids without a Poly coach on staff. It matters given the sense of community, culture, origin and trust.

@Samoan Souljah said it the other day. He told us that Joe and the father came from the same village in Samoa.

Seriously this Samoan thing is real. Years ago @Rellyrell told me and the board that we weren’t landing Poly kids without a Poly coach on staff. It matters given the sense of community, culture, origin and trust.
Thats awesome man. Yep. Simple relationships amd authenticity go a long way. Add in a familiar face from a village on a tiny little island...and all of a sudden the American dream becomes that much more meaningful. I was hoping we landed Aj way back when. But to have another crack with his younger brother with Joe on staff. That chances are much better this go around. Their are not many Samoan coaches on the circuit, so when a player and his family visit the U. Best believe its gonna be a tight fellowship.

My cousin coaches TE's at Auburn with Coach Freeze. He's also from the same village as Coach Joe. I sure hope visit that part of the world some day.

Something the board does not know. @Rellyrell is half Samoan🤣🤣🤣.

Advertisement
Thats awesome man. Yep. Simple relationships amd authenticity go a long way. Add in a familiar face from a village on a tiny little island...and all of a sudden the American dream becomes that much more meaningful. I was hoping we landed Aj way back when. But to have another crack with his younger brother with Joe on staff. That chances are much better this go around. Their are not many Samoan coaches on the circuit, so when a player and his family visit the U. Best believe its gonna be a tight fellowship.

My cousin coaches TE's at Auburn with Coach Freeze. He's also from the same village as Coach Joe. I sure hope visit that part of the world some day.

Something the board does not know. @Rellyrell is half Samoan🤣🤣🤣.
They were talking about Epenesa as a recruit by Auburn. I guess that’s the connection there.

His brother AJ plays for the Bills so I guess he knows Rousseau.

Advertisement
He’s a Georgia kid that suddenly moved to SoCal. Los Al at that which had Malachi last year.. He was ineligible most of last year and honestly his recruitment screams NIL.. He was ranked high as a younger prospect and kinda slipped a little bit I’m not sure if it’s because ability or because he missed so many games

Advertisement
Back