Visits Junior Day 2023 March 4

Advertisement
The obvious critical recruiting objective for the next class is:
1A - QB
1B - massive DT haul
Safety is a big one as well

Could make a case for most positions for sure but I also want to see us land a couple more legit OL

I know we just came off of one of, if not our best on paper class we’ve had here, but our depth was so bad, we need another class of impact guys. Not as many maybe, but with 5 spots that depth gets rough quickly

1A - QB
1B - massive DT haul
I will add the 2 Five star South Florida WR's.

You want to change a trajectory of a programs offense sign those 2, and Miami's offense is going to be a problem. Modern college football, give me big time WR's.

Chase
Jefferson
Smith
Waddle
Jeudy
Harrison Jr.
Higgins
J.Williams
Ebeka
Metchie
Olave
Wilson
Q. Johnson

I will add the 2 Five star South Florida WR's.

You want to change a trajectory of a programs offense sign those 2, and Miami's offense is going to be a problem. Modern college football, give me big time WR's.

Chase
Jefferson
Smith
Waddle
Jeudy
Harrison Jr.
Higgins
J.Williams
Ebeka
Metchie
Olave
Wilson
Q. Johnson
I think WR is such a huge need that it’s it’s own category 😂

Not even just the Florida guys but a guy like ****ey last cycle, it just has to happen

1A - QB
1B - massive DT haul

Safety is a big one as well

Could make a case for most positions for sure but I also want to see us land a couple more legit OL

I know we just came off of one of, if not our best on paper class we’ve had here, but our depth was so bad, we need another class of impact guys. Not as many maybe, but with 5 spots that depth gets rough quickly

Marc Lamont Hill Wtf GIF by Identity

Advertisement
1A - QB
1B - massive DT haul
1 C WR...
1 D probably safety...Although obviously maybe one of the corners we recruited this year takes to safety.

Last edited:
Advertisement
So Scott is visiting in March and coming for an OV? Has anywhere else confirmed the March visit?

June.

After announcing the change of plans, Scott will be taking an official visit to Miami in June and explains why the Hurricanes have a real shot of landing the No. 1 overall prospect in Illinois.

“Miami landed that OV because of the relationship I have with multiple coaches over there,” Scott said. “Coach (Mario) Cristobal, coach Kevin Steele when he was there, Joe Salava’e, and D-train (Dennis Smith), so just really my relationships with them.”

Regarding Steele’s departure to Alabama, Scott says the defensive coordinator’s absence does not have a huge impact on his perception of the program. He looks forward to getting to know new coordinator Lance Guidry.

“It doesn’t have that big of an effect on me because the guy that I feel like my connection is the strongest with is coach Salava’e,” Scott explained.

Salava’e has led the recruiting efforts for Scott and has Miami right in the mix to land the No. 20 overall prospect and No. 3 defensive lineman in the 2024 cycle, according to the On3 Consensus.

“He sends me little messages every morning, just saying have a blessed day,” Scott said. “Him just as a person is great. I’ve got to speak with him a lot of times; he just sounds like a really wise guy.”

Along with Salava’e, Scott says Cristobal has been in constant contact with him and breaks down his relationship with the Hurricanes’ head coach and what his messages to him has been.

“Coach Cristobal told me he was an offensive lineman, and I didn’t believe it,” Scott said. “He’s just telling me they’re going to flip Miami football back and get it to how it used to be, and I believe him. Especially with the recruiting class he just put together in the 2023 class. I definitely see him flipping the program around.”

In the fall, Scott and his family traveled to Miami for a game-day visit to see the Hurricanes take on North Carolina, and they were quite pleased with their experience.

“It was amazing,” Scott said. “It was so nice down there, and we actually went when there weren’t many recruits, just me and my family, so it really felt good. My mom loved the campus and seeing everything.”

The main variables influencing Scott’s decision when it comes time to commit will be the school’s academics, the campus environment, and his relationships with the staff members he selects.

“Honestly, I just want to say who really shows the most love,” Scott said.

Hot take:

Miami securing an official from Scott is a big win for Cristobal and his staff. Scott listed Notre Dame, Georgia, Ohio State, Michigan, and Miami as the programs that are showing the most love, setting up a competition between the storied college football programs for Scott’s pledge.

By far WR and DT are the priorities in 2024. Safety is a need as well.

QB isn't as high a NIL priority, although surely you take an elite arm if he wants in. Last two QBs to win the Heisman have been what? TRANSFERS.

Advertisement
Can someone post the current list from this article?

5-star EDGE Elijah Rushing
5-star DL David Stone
Top247 QB Air Noland
Top247 OL Brandon Baker
Top247 WR Chance Robinson
Top247 ATH Michai Danzy
4-star IOL Daniel Cruz
QB Danny O’Neil
DL Kendall Jackson
CB Milton Ferguson
OL Juan Minaya
SAF Cahlil Cummings
IOL Eddy Pierre-Louis
DL Daylen Russell
RB Chris Wheatley-Humphrey
DL Jowhar Franklin
OL Mike Williams
OL Tye Hylton

Top247 OL Jaelyne Matthews (Penn State commit)
LB Tarvos Alford
OL Peyton Joseph

OL Micah Smith

Top247 ATH Michai Danzy
4-star IOL Daniel Cruz
SAF Cahlil Cummings
IOL Eddy Pierre-Louis
DL Daylen Russell
RB Chris Wheatley-Humphrey

Added the names above to the OP. Thanks!

These names have never been mentioned on CIS
  • Michai Danzy
  • Tye Hylton
These were highlighted by @DMoney as names to watch out for

• SAF Cahlil Cummings
  • 4-star IOL Daniel Cruz

Advertisement
June.

After announcing the change of plans, Scott will be taking an official visit to Miami in June and explains why the Hurricanes have a real shot of landing the No. 1 overall prospect in Illinois.

“Miami landed that OV because of the relationship I have with multiple coaches over there,” Scott said. “Coach (Mario) Cristobal, coach Kevin Steele when he was there, Joe Salava’e, and D-train (Dennis Smith), so just really my relationships with them.”

Regarding Steele’s departure to Alabama, Scott says the defensive coordinator’s absence does not have a huge impact on his perception of the program. He looks forward to getting to know new coordinator Lance Guidry.

“It doesn’t have that big of an effect on me because the guy that I feel like my connection is the strongest with is coach Salava’e,” Scott explained.

Salava’e has led the recruiting efforts for Scott and has Miami right in the mix to land the No. 20 overall prospect and No. 3 defensive lineman in the 2024 cycle, according to the On3 Consensus.

“He sends me little messages every morning, just saying have a blessed day,” Scott said. “Him just as a person is great. I’ve got to speak with him a lot of times; he just sounds like a really wise guy.”

Along with Salava’e, Scott says Cristobal has been in constant contact with him and breaks down his relationship with the Hurricanes’ head coach and what his messages to him has been.

“Coach Cristobal told me he was an offensive lineman, and I didn’t believe it,” Scott said. “He’s just telling me they’re going to flip Miami football back and get it to how it used to be, and I believe him. Especially with the recruiting class he just put together in the 2023 class. I definitely see him flipping the program around.”

In the fall, Scott and his family traveled to Miami for a game-day visit to see the Hurricanes take on North Carolina, and they were quite pleased with their experience.

“It was amazing,” Scott said. “It was so nice down there, and we actually went when there weren’t many recruits, just me and my family, so it really felt good. My mom loved the campus and seeing everything.”

The main variables influencing Scott’s decision when it comes time to commit will be the school’s academics, the campus environment, and his relationships with the staff members he selects.

“Honestly, I just want to say who really shows the most love,” Scott said.

Hot take:

Miami securing an official from Scott is a big win for Cristobal and his staff. Scott listed Notre Dame, Georgia, Ohio State, Michigan, and Miami as the programs that are showing the most love, setting up a competition between the storied college football programs for Scott’s pledge.

Thanks brotha’.

Need him AND Stone, but definitely can’t strike out on both. Stone is the better prospect IMO though, but this kid is very good too. Seems to be a down year for interiors, we need to add one of these guys along with Wilor (who has inside/outside versatility IMO).

Advertisement
Back