Junior Day 2/9

Advertisement
Alin Edouard #10 ‏@ALLEN_EDWARD2
HAVING @_MoneyLane AS MY WR IN COLLEGE WE GON BE DOING SOME DAMAGE , JUST IMAGINE US TO IN ONE TEAM ..

Would really enjoy that. Of the guys mentioned to be getting a look from Miami, I think Edouard is the best QB prospect I've seen. Hope he spends the next 18 months lifting weights and working on his balance.

Lu, what do you think of Sean White from Chaminade/University School? I'd LOVE a QB class of Edouard and White.

Wrote about him in your other thread. Reminds me of Gary Nova.

Alin Edouard #10 ‏@ALLEN_EDWARD2
HAVING @_MoneyLane AS MY WR IN COLLEGE WE GON BE DOING SOME DAMAGE , JUST IMAGINE US TO IN ONE TEAM ..

Would really enjoy that. Of the guys mentioned to be getting a look from Miami, I think Edouard is the best QB prospect I've seen. Hope he spends the next 18 months lifting weights and working on his balance

your really right , WE NEED EDOUARD !

Not sure how he fits a helmet on that dome

That's just a safety feature - like a collision crumple zone on cars.

Advertisement
Between Mike Barrow and Herb Waters' Homestead connection and the Coley/Cristobal hires, we are going to be hard to beat for him.

After this year, NO ONE should be making such predictions.

The worst thing about this years recruiting class is that it's given you license to continue with this pessimistic attitude towards our recruiting.

He said we'd be tough to beat. Never called em a lock.

Between Mike Barrow and Herb Waters' Homestead connection and the Coley/Cristobal hires, we are going to be hard to beat for him.

The worst thing about this years recruiting class is that it's given you license to continue with this pessimistic attitude towards our recruiting.

Fair enough. Problem is what you see as pessimism, I see as realism. I never said we werent going to have a great class, or that we cant land most of these kids. Im simply saying, lets stop assuming ANYONE is a lock, unless they are firmly comitted, recruiting for us, AND not taking any other visits. It has nothing to do just with this years class. I told you I have been following this stuff for a LONG time, and this actually happens most years, to one extent or another. There are always some kid who is committed early, and flakes out. Or some local kid we SHOULD have had, but screwed us. Its not the end of the world. We just need to take it all in stride, focus on the kids who WANT to be here.. and not go crazy with this EITHER way, because its always a FLUID situation, until the LOI is faxed in. If more people just kept things in perspective, we wouldnt have had some of the meltdowns we had here in the last week. Just as I predicted, we went from Golden being a "GOD", to "Golden sucks, Golden is a failure, Golden cant close, Golden got punked, Jimbo kicked Golden's ***" etc...etc.. etc..

Its never as good as it seems, and its never as bad as it seems. Note how once everyone settled down, and we saw the kids we DID get, most of us felt pretty good about it overall. That is called perspective, and rational behavior. And that's ALL I have been trying to help people see.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Fair enough. Problem is what you see as pessimism, I see as realism. I never said we werent going to have a great class, or that we cant land most of these kids. Im simply saying, lets stop assuming ANYONE is a lock, unless they are firmly comitted, recruiting for us, AND not taking any other visits. It has nothing to do just with this years class. I told you I have been following this stuff for a LONG time, and this actually happens most years, to one extent or another. There are always some kid who is committed early, and flakes out. Or some local kid we SHOULD have had, but screwed us. Its not the end of the world. We just need to take it all in stride, focus on the kids who WANT to be here.. and not go crazy with this EITHER way, because its always a FLUID situation, until the LOI is faxed in. If more people just kept things in perspective, we would have had some of the meltdowns we had here in the last week. Just as I predicted, we went from Golden being a "GOD", to "Golden sucks, Golden is a failure, Golden cant close, Golden got punked, Jimbo kicked Golden's ***" etc...etc.. etc..

Its never as good as it seems, and its never as bad as it seems. Note how once everyone settled down, and we saw the kids we DID get, most of us felt pretty good about it overall. That is called perspective, and rational behavior. And that's ALL I have been trying to help people see.

The pessimism isn't realism...It's pessimism. I could give you tons of anecdotal evidence that would point to a Matthew Thomas playing at Miami. Does that mean I'm being unrealistic? "Ya win some, ya lose some" applies most of the time in recruiting, but not in Dade County. We win most recruiting battles in Dade County and lose few. Because Thomas doesn't pick Miami doesn't mean that all of that evidence is thrown out of the window. Most kids from Dade County schools, that are vigorously recruited by Miami, end up staying in Miami. That's just proven. A method and theory that is tried and true.

No one here believes Lane is a lock. We all believe that we are in good stead with him and there are obviously certain built in advantages we have in recruiting as opposed to other schools and REGARDLESS of this year's close, our coaching staff has three of the best recruiters in the country and another **** good recruiter who is "family" to Ermon Lane. He has a teammate and good friend on the roster currently. There's no reason to think that we aren't at the top of the list.

You're shouting to the silent auditorium again, because most of us folks here agree with you that there aren't really locks in recruiting, but that doesn't mean that we don't have certain advantages that other people do not.

Advertisement

Fair enough. Problem is what you see as pessimism, I see as realism. I never said we werent going to have a great class, or that we cant land most of these kids. Im simply saying, lets stop assuming ANYONE is a lock, unless they are firmly comitted, recruiting for us, AND not taking any other visits. It has nothing to do just with this years class. I told you I have been following this stuff for a LONG time, and this actually happens most years, to one extent or another. There are always some kid who is committed early, and flakes out. Or some local kid we SHOULD have had, but screwed us. Its not the end of the world. We just need to take it all in stride, focus on the kids who WANT to be here.. and not go crazy with this EITHER way, because its always a FLUID situation, until the LOI is faxed in. If more people just kept things in perspective, we would have had some of the meltdowns we had here in the last week. Just as I predicted, we went from Golden being a "GOD", to "Golden sucks, Golden is a failure, Golden cant close, Golden got punked, Jimbo kicked Golden's ***" etc...etc.. etc..

The pessimism isn't realism...It's pessimism. I could give you tons of anecdotal evidence that would point to a Matthew Thomas playing at Miami. Does that mean I'm being unrealistic? "Ya win some, ya lose some" applies most of the time in recruiting, but not in Dade County. We win most recruiting battles in Dade County and lose few. Because Thomas doesn't pick Miami doesn't mean that all of that evidence is thrown out of the window. Most kids from Dade County schools, that are vigorously recruited by Miami, end up staying in Miami. That's just proven. A method and theory that is tried and true.

No one here believes Lane is a lock. We all believe that we are in good stead with him and there are obviously certain built in advantages we have in recruiting as opposed to other schools and REGARDLESS of this year's close, our coaching staff has three of the best recruiters in the country and another **** good recruiter who is "family" to Ermon Lane. He has a teammate and good friend on the roster currently. There's no reason to think that we aren't at the top of the list.

You're shouting to the silent auditorium again, because most of us folks here agree with you that there aren't really locks in recruiting, but that doesn't mean that we don't have certain advantages that other people do not.

Gobble Gobble Turkey

Y'all are having a debate with both teams on the same side arguing who was right first.

Advertisement
Back