July 29, 2023 BBQ

So only 5 people going? Lol
OP you gonna update or y’all gonna keep talkin bout BBQ joints?
The OP has all confirmed attendees that I know about.

It has been widely reported that Mario is either not going to release most of the names or won't release the names until the day of the event to prevent the Billy and the G5s from paying players not to come.

Advertisement
I recall one barbecue Mario did the guy cooking was from I hate Monday’s. Regardless of what you think about that place or that guy it’s definitely better than shortys or Sonny’s

Low Bar. Hoping ( & know ) BBQ will be first class across the board.

No Mayonnaise Mac & Cheese in Miami. Sorry Bumsville

@WaterburyCane ! What kind of talk is dis? Man listen!
Scott Hall Wrestling GIF by WWE

Hey yo! Hit the button
That legit made bust out laughing!

How is Mission BBQ? It's not that far from me; but 25 miles is almost 25 miles.
It's fine for fast-food BBQ. That's probably not fair to call it fast-food, it's more like a Chipotle or Five Guys. Food is usually ready within 5 mins of ordering.

Their pulled chicken is ******* great, everything else is fine, probably won't knock your socks off but for what it is it's pretty good IMO.

If you've ever had legit brisket theirs will taste like pot roast. Really good pot roast, but any decent smoked brisket ***** on it.

Advertisement
I think BBQ in Miami is mid personally, but best I’ve had is way out there…SW 152nd, Smoke and Dough. Blows Shorty’s out of the water, not even comparable. Worth the drive.

View attachment 246986

Just some of the items we got last time. It has a bit of a Cuban element for some items but mostly traditional BBQ.
Looks amazing! May have to take a road trip next time I’m in Miami. They’re a place here in Orlando called St. Vic’s Smoke Shack. Give it a try when in town. It’s fantastic! The only downside is that it’s only open Thursday-Saturday from 11:30-5:00.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
What makes Alabama BBQ distinct from the others (Texas, Carolinas, LC, etc)?
The white sauce started at Big Bob Gibson's where they put it on chicken wings and half chickens. Every other is copy cat of that and not as good. As far as places like Dreamland and Full Moon they have a vinegar-ketchup-molasses based sauce but thicker and more sweeter than your Carolina based sauces

Advertisement
Back