July 1st Recruiting Board

There are only two position groups that I worry about, OL and LB. I think TRob and Simpson will figure out the rest of the defense. And on offense we have our QB and RB and 1 of max 2 WRs. TE is a secondary concern, but we just got two good ones in 2021.

Of Brad's LB list, only Bissainthe, Jackson and Medlock seem to be worthwhile pursuing still. That's way too small of a board at this point.

Of Brad's OL list, there are a lot more names. But how many are realistic? Justice is either going to have to cross his fingers and hope another program blows up so he can vulture their commit list, or go the portal route.
Since OU is filling up at o line apparently will we possibly fail forward and luck into Abgo ? Carswell & Agbo is a solid duo but even if that happens seems like the portal is a certainty for another o lineman. Linebacker is an obvious disaster with no solution on the horizon. Not really worried about rb or receiver tbh but if Mallory leaves I think a portal TE is our move on that front. I share your sentiment about the d line & secondary with T Rob/Simpson.

Advertisement
Brad is obviously connected to recruiting and with kids. He’s probably as familiar with recruits as anyone on any pay site. He’s just new to this and will figure **** out. Recruiting is a very dangerous business , very dangerous. It takes years of being right and only one miss to get you clowned or hurt your credibility . It’s a thankless job that has few rewards for all the risk. He’ll learn that getting a feel for a kid on a visit could be all emotion from the visit, especially oos kids. The pros give little tidbits , without giving anything away (because they don’t know) , then drag it out for awhile hoping they get something solid or one of their other teams writer hits gold. Then they’ll drop a pick.

I‘m not a writer but the only time I’m very confident is when I hear from both sides of the relationship. not just a recruit. I wouldn’t delete posts because that’s a bad look, he’ll take his medicine and learn. Y’all have no clue how crazy this **** is, he should’ve went a less risky route and been a coal miner or the logging industry.

Last edited:
Brad is obviously connected to recruiting and with kids. He’s probably as familiar with recruits as anyone on any pay site. He’s just new to this and will figure **** out. Recruiting is a very dangerous business , very dangerous. It takes years of being right and only one miss to get you clowned or hurt your credibility . It’s a thankless job that has few rewards for all the risk. He’ll learn that getting a feel for a kid on a visit could be all emotion from the visit, especially oos kids. The pros give little tidbits , without giving anything away (because they don’t know) , then drag it out for awhile hoping they get something solid or one of their other teams writer hits gold. Then they’ll drop a pick.

I‘m not a writer but the only time I’m very confident is when I hear from both sides of the relationship. not just a recruit or coach. I wouldn’t delete posts because that’s a bad look, he’ll take his medicine and learn. Y’all have no clue how crazy this **** is, he should’ve went a less risky route and been a coal miner or the logging industry.
Nothing sums up the recruiting business like the Marshall situation last year…. Everyone had him pegged as a cane. Then “mysteriously” A 180 is done and he’s announcing as a gator and everyone is bewildered and left with egg on the face trying to save their reputation.

Recruiting is way too fluid with too many emotions, contingency’s, false leads, and of course shady dealings.

Nothing sums up the recruiting business like the Marshall situation last year…. Everyone had him pegged as a cane. Then “mysteriously” A 180 is done and he’s announcing as a gator and everyone is bewildered and left with egg on the face trying to save their reputation.

Recruiting is way too fluid with too many emotions, contingency’s, false leads, and of course shady dealings.
I've actually been on the phone with @IndayArtHauz as a kids choosing his school. I told him " we got him, only Uga can mess this up "since they just missed on a five star , the experts had it Auburn or Tenn. Phone rings and he leaves the table , I was like " welp it's Uga ". That's just how fast it can happen.

I've actually been on the phone with @IndayArtHauz as a kids choosing his school. I told him " we got him, only Uga can mess this up "since they just missed on a five star , the experts had it Auburn or Tenn. Phone rings and he leaves the table , I was like " welp it's Uga ". That's just how fast it can happen.
Remember where I was in town while I was talking to you. Craziest thing I’ve ever heard.

Advertisement

He'd easily be our best WR now. Stud.

In other news, I agree with your assessment of Brad. Kid is well connected with recruits, obviously and might even have a connect with a staff member. He'll eventually learn to decipher b/w someone blowing smoke and legit info. Unfortunately, he'll have to go through a few more of these cycles. Recruiting for writers is a dangerous game - get a legit source with info, can't spill it or you have to be real cryptic (i.e. no clicks). Or, get someone blowing smoke up your *** and you write about it for clicks and you have egg on your face. Catch 22. Brad will figure out what most of us vets have learned over the years. :)~

I‘m not a writer but the only time I’m very confident is when I hear from both sides of the relationship. not just a recruit. I wouldn’t delete posts because that’s a bad look, he’ll take his medicine and learn. Y’all have no clue how crazy this **** is, he should’ve went a less risky route and been a coal miner or the logging industry.

Most people know this about recruiting. Brad’s radio silence through all this has just been very weird. Is he really on vacation and is there no internet wherever he is? Personally, I would have immediately updated my board and been upfront on the reasoning I had at the time. The silence and post deletions are what is just weird.

OL is the only position I am concerned about no matter what happens. It is likely one of the most difficult to project. 6’6 240lbs to 315lbs in 2-3 years without losing the athletic ability.

Most people know this about recruiting. Brad’s radio silence through all this has just been very weird. Is he really on vacation and is there no internet wherever he is? Personally, I would have immediately updated my board and been upfront on the reasoning I had at the time. The silence and post deletions are what is just weird.
Most people aren't told stuff by recruits or coaches. That's what makes this tricky. I'm a grown *** man and I even had to learn with this type of ****.

Advertisement
If Brad was told by someone on our staff in a legit way, then I have even greater concern that our staff can fall for the ol' crootin banana in the tailpipe routine so easily
I'm just speaking in generalities. Manny has that **** sealed up as any coach we've had. But I know they've felt good about guys that went elsewhere, but that happens to every staff.

I haven't seen anything on his Twitter in 10 days.

A final call so obvious that even an Auburn player went on twitter and said they needed to up their bag game to compete with UGA.

Advertisement
Oh come on. These are ten star players. Genetic clones of Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, Lawrence Taylor, Dan Marino, Barry Sanders, and every other NFL great that you can think of. Alabama spends more on its athletic program than most countries have allocated to their annual budget. The Crimson Tide would not only beat any NFL team past, present, or future, but would shut out each team in route to innumerable Super Bowl victories. Their arrows will blot out the sun!

I mean, they're not quite 2018 UCF, but they're pretty good, I guess.

I’m amazed that people think it’s cool to go after these guys. The reason we’ve lost so many good posters is because of how people go after them and others. The reason a lot of insiders have stopped giving info is it’s not worth the hassle.

So these guys come out and say “they’ve gotta be prepared to take heat too…” No they don’t. They can just stop posting. I’m tired, and I know you and a number of others as well, are tired of quality contributors being driven off the board. It’s lessened the quality of the place and that hurts us.
Easy fix. If guys aren't talking football and it begins to get personal, begin laying down the law....some guys are literally "angry" people who enjoy belittling another poster more than they enjoy talking or watching football.

Now, truth be told buddy was spot on when he said there appears to be a bit of a pass for our guy BT when giving out info that doesn't hold up versus when an AI or BJ is the sauce giving out the D- info.

Bottom line is no one is 100% on info so when a guy is wrong, there's a big difference between ragging on a guy a little for info not holding up versus a continuous verbal attack on a fellow poster. Keep the gloves on and keep all blows above the belt and there won't be any problems.

The guys who share things with the rest of us (the connected ones who are pretty obvious) can only share what they hear from either the staff or the kid himself. The kid can change his mind in one phone call but that doesn't mean the information dudes where sharing with us was wrong at the time they shared it. The kid could be on here himself saying he's all Cane and then change his mind because that's what happens with 17 and 18 year olds. It is what it is. Anyone expecting certainty out of a 17 year old is kidding themselves.

Advertisement
They should feel a little better soon, then it's right back to bleeding all over the place
I have to do it Cribs....feel better about info we already know? Or about info that very few know about??? Help us out Cribbo, board is in dire need outchea lol

Anyone who criticizes Brad for anything other than exuberance is a newb to recruiting.

A flip of the coin means you're right 50% of the time. If you're right 60% of the time, you're doing better than most experts. All those 247 guys with their 80%+ success ratings are lying about it. Either they pad their ratings with CBs that your grandmother would get right, like picking Duke Johnson to the U, or switch the pick when the winds change to reduce the damage of having placed a bad pick to begin with.

Brad adds tons of value to this board with his posts and podcasts. He's not an opportunist with an agenda like Ariz either.

Ah, Pickens. That was a fun one.

Advertisement
Back