July 1st Recruiting Board

Its basically Things We Already Know
- Loves our chances with Graves.
- Gibson is UF's to lose
- Love our chances with Carswell
- Anderson is leaning towards FSU. We're focused on Shemar and Kelly.
- Likes our chances with Cull

Our writers are underwhelming. As much as people despise Ivins, he gave us quality info. Gaby and David just word the same topics differently.
It’s funny this board keeps saying Ivins and Gaby or Wilfong don’t know their **** yet get proven wrong every time. They’d rather listen to some Twitter insider wannabe who’s just a homer.

Advertisement
Brad is obviously connected to recruiting and with kids. He’s probably as familiar with recruits as anyone on any pay site. He’s just new to this and will figure **** out. Recruiting is a very dangerous business , very dangerous. It takes years of being right and only one miss to get you clowned or hurt your credibility . It’s a thankless job that has few rewards for all the risk. He’ll learn that getting a feel for a kid on a visit could be all emotion from the visit, especially oos kids. The pros give little tidbits , without giving anything away (because they don’t know) , then drag it out for awhile hoping they get something solid or one of their other teams writer hits gold. Then they’ll drop a pick.

I‘m not a writer but the only time I’m very confident is when I hear from both sides of the relationship. not just a recruit. I wouldn’t delete posts because that’s a bad look, he’ll take his medicine and learn. Y’all have no clue how crazy this **** is, he should’ve went a less risky route and been a coal miner or the logging industry.
Last sentence got me 😂:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I've actually been on the phone with @IndayArtHauz as a kids choosing his school. I told him " we got him, only Uga can mess this up "since they just missed on a five star , the experts had it Auburn or Tenn. Phone rings and he leaves the table , I was like " welp it's Uga ". That's just how fast it can happen.
**** how do you get on that phone call list lol

Brad is obviously connected to recruiting and with kids. He’s probably as familiar with recruits as anyone on any pay site. He’s just new to this and will figure **** out. Recruiting is a very dangerous business , very dangerous. It takes years of being right and only one miss to get you clowned or hurt your credibility . It’s a thankless job that has few rewards for all the risk. He’ll learn that getting a feel for a kid on a visit could be all emotion from the visit, especially oos kids. The pros give little tidbits , without giving anything away (because they don’t know) , then drag it out for awhile hoping they get something solid or one of their other teams writer hits gold. Then they’ll drop a pick.

I‘m not a writer but the only time I’m very confident is when I hear from both sides of the relationship. not just a recruit. I wouldn’t delete posts because that’s a bad look, he’ll take his medicine and learn. Y’all have no clue how crazy this **** is, he should’ve went a less risky route and been a coal miner or the logging industry.
I don't know where the deleted post is coming from. Your not the 1st to say it as another member did in reference to Brad and then he deleted his own post.

Post being deleted is nothing new around here and if it was done more we wouldn't have been on part IV of the Bissainthe thread or part two in the Tolan thread. The only post deleted in this thread had nothing to even do with the OP and no post have been deleted in his other thread. If a post has nothing to do with the OP and I see I will delete it.

As far as Brad is concerned. No mod is protecting him or deleting post that have constructive criticism, but if a member is being a douche and hammering away in one thread or find it in themselves to carry it over to another. It will be deleted and they will be warned and that goes for any member that is following any poster around on this forum. That is what @RVACane was getting to in his thread Operation Public *****...

Advertisement
I guess I'm the only one who doesn't think it's that bad of a chart. He probably has too much in green, but if you combine the green and the yellow, I bet it's not going to be that bad at the end of this recruitment cycle. It is certainly pretty ballsy to put that out on July 1.

I dont understand why people on this board **** on someone trying to pass information FOR FREE in order to inform everyone about the situation. There is only so much information that you can pass, because every information that gets public potentially threats the information itself.

If we wouldnt have some guys in here knowing how to play the game, we wouldnt be having information at all and people would pay 247 for clickbait articles and VIP scoops on CrystalBalls. Or, to make it more drastic: You would pay Ivins. Yeah.

So have some respect towards Brad. That should be the minimum requirement.

Anyone who criticizes Brad for anything other than exuberance is a newb to recruiting.

A flip of the coin means you're right 50% of the time. If you're right 60% of the time, you're doing better than most experts. All those 247 guys with their 80%+ success ratings are lying about it. Either they pad their ratings with CBs that your grandmother would get right, like picking Duke Johnson to the U, or switch the pick when the winds change to reduce the damage of having placed a bad pick to begin with.

Brad adds tons of value to this board with his posts and podcasts. He's not an opportunist with an agenda like Ariz either.
This is exactly right. People expect certainty where none can be expected.

I'd rather have the best guesses than hear nothing.

Advertisement
This is exactly right. People expect certainty where none can be expected.

I'd rather have the best guesses than hear nothing.
Any adult that posts “inside” info, or any info for that matter, on this site or any other form of social media should expect retorts, rebuttal, and criticism. That’s a reasonable expectation I don’t have an issue with.

What I do have an issue with is when the retorts, rebuttal, and criticism turns into personal attacks, name calling, and stalking. These should not be tolerated on CIS and result in appropriate bands regardless of how long someone has been a member of CIS or the number of posts they’ve made.

In another month, the shiny object will be on the field with far less attention given to recruiting. This is what happens most summers. Some people just can't handle delayed gratification.

Anyone know when @bradtejeda is going to be back from his self imposed exile / vacation? Would love to see an updated July board because I do respect his relationship with the kids of this ‘22 class.

Any adult that posts “inside” info, or any info for that matter, on this site or any other form of social media should expect retorts, rebuttal, and criticism. That’s a reasonable expectation I don’t have an issue with.

What I do have an issue with is when the retorts, rebuttal, and criticism turns into personal attacks, name calling, and stalking. These should not be tolerated on CIS and result in appropriate bands regardless of how long someone has been a member of CIS or the number of posts they’ve made.
I’m in the camp of you have to take the bad with the good. You post recruiting info and drop cute “stay tuned” or **** like that, be prepared for the responses. You want pats on the back for being right, be prepped for kicks in the *** when you miss. Not sure what the controversy is.

Mods coming to the rescue escalate the situation.

Advertisement
He was right about Graves. Gotta give him credit if we’re going to hammer him for misses.

I like what your doing Brad. I don’t necessarily love our current recruiting model, but it could just be something new and I’m jaded because of past failures.

You can’t deny the guys we do have right now are pretty darn solid guys.

Get Shemar and Wesley and this is a pretty solid D class no matter who rounds it out.

Advertisement

Attachments

• ZBaXzJbI.jpg_medium.jpg
    ZBaXzJbI.jpg_medium.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 90
I already tried telling yall fall back and let the staff work.. we don't know what the board is gonna look like.. the staff gonna get their share of athletes..

Advertisement
Back