Julio Frenk Interview

404Usernamenotfound

Sophomore
Premium
I saw on the tv while I was at breakfast this morning that Julio Frenk was being interviewed by Jackie Nespral with NBC 6. It was muted but I know they were talking football since they kept showing clips of UM getting smoked on the field. I have tried to find the interview online with no luck. Does anyone have a link or can anyone share what was said?

Advertisement
I saw on the tv while I was at breakfast this morning that Julio Frenk was being interviewed by Jackie Nespral with NBC 6. It was muted but I know they were talking football since they kept showing clips of UM getting smoked on the field. I have tried to find the interview online with no luck. Does anyone have a link or can anyone share what was said?
Frenk sounded like a moron talking about progress

Athletics is not Frenk's job. Almost all University President's gave up that illusion years ago.

BoT is the center of power for AD hire/fire.

Frenk's focus is on institutional fundraising and academic ranking.
The point the U needs to appreciate is if they don’t get football right, their President will be on TV being asked about football. If that isn’t a reason to change the AD ... they ain’t thinking clearly.

Advertisement
And he has sucked at fundraising and academic ranking. Probably why his contract isn’t being renewed, hopefully will bring in the admiral this time instead of some left winger that isn’t even a from this country and certainly doesn’t give a Fvck about the football team that built this university. Is frenk even a citizen? Smh

Bring in the who?

My guess is IF Frenk is replaced, BoT will continue to seek a name with ties to both Europe and South America.

The point the U needs to appreciate is if they don’t get football right, their President will be on TV being asked about football. If that isn’t a reason to change the AD ... they ain’t thinking clearly.
Great point, and you don’t become an university president without understanding how athletics impact the school and especially fundraising.

Great point, and you don’t become an university president without understanding how athletics impact the school and especially fundraising.
Correct. The President is the chief fundraiser and brand manager, not chief academic.

Also, it’s insane that UM b\views Blake‘s job as fundraising. That’s a nice to have, but there is a development arm, and a President to shake the tree. James’s primary job is give them something to sell, athletically.

Advertisement
#AlonzoHighsmithToTheU?

just my attempt at humor. I am for Zo coming to the U at whatever capacity he is comfortable with but thought it was amusing to throw out there him being the president because it seems some think that all the U needs is Highsmith and we will be back on the mountaintop.

Advertisement
And he has sucked at fundraising and academic ranking. Probably why his contract isn’t being renewed, hopefully will bring in the admiral this time instead of some left winger that isn’t even a from this country and certainly doesn’t give a Fvck about the football team that built this university. Is frenk even a citizen? Smh

We need Condoleezza!

/ I’d take the Admiral too though

Advertisement
Don’t know why but I figured I’d see a picture of the 3 monkeys when I opened up this thread.

The hear no evil,speak no evil ,see no evil ones...

Oh and bring me Jim Tressel..

There is in many cases a direct correlation between football success and academic ranking. This guy is very underwhelming.
Not ranking but increased attendance. Example, As UCF has improved football it has become the 2nd largest university (students) in America!

Jeb Bush has no immediate future in the Republican Party so this would be a logical choice to replace Frenk- if those rumors are true. Stavridis is fine by me too. We'll probably give it to Debbie Wasserman Schultz or some clown that is currently a dean at Temple if history repeats itself.

Advertisement
Back