2024 Julian Sayin 5* QB from CA

So you Sayin you dont like witty puns?
I'm saying this is you

Jim Henson Work GIF by Muppet Wiki

Advertisement
I wouldn't bet on it. At least not right away. Unless they were willing to release him from his NLI. The spring is probably a safer time to transfer once scholarships start to open back up across the country.
That's what I am saying.

He should treat them the same way they treated him. Say and do all the right things. "I appreciate the competition" "Look forward to battling with Julian" blah blah blah... Ball out during Spring camp. Prove he's better than the grass is greener kid they brought in. Then, the second the Spring window opens, say peace.

I always thought the pitch was weird from Rumph. You start at QB at Alabama and you're likely going to the NFL. The counter pitch shouldn't be, "but what are you going to do on a Tuesday night?". If Miami is good I get the pitch. Win here and have fun, win there and it ends after Saturday. But we suck.

The other thing is, who are you going to attract with that pitch? Guys who want to party and probably aren't serious. Which is the teams we were fielding.

The only thing you can do to s*** on Alabama is discuss immediate playing time. It ends there.

The pitch was for your career after football and where you would choose to live

Thats waht TrumpyCane finds funny about that clip and how it was taken out of context.

What is the Rumph connection regarding this? Can't decipher much from an Eddie Murphy gif

Advertisement
I wish I had a sponge like that fam dead ***. Dude could just get into something and be real good at it. My big brother like that, that ***** can explain star matters and planet details all this crazy ****. I just listen and be amazed.
My brother’s the same, it’s annoying. He entered an international risk tournament last year because he thought it would be funny, then won. Then he entered the international Excel championships to be funny and finished 7th. He’s always just been naturally good at picking things up.

What is the Rumph connection regarding this? Can't decipher much from an Eddie Murphy gif
There's a video, that goes as follows:

MR: “This ain’t Tuscaloosa where Saturdays might be great but [the rest of the week] you’re still in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. No offense to them.”

Julian Sayin: [smirks and shrugs his shoulders]

They liked him. They worked him pretty hard during the last cycle and some thought he’d eventually flip. I never bought it lol . I don’t expect them to pursue him now though.
I wonder if this would have gone a different way (Miami going all out for him) if this were a Spring Portal event, rather than winter.

Advertisement
Why would he? Lol. This has now become a business; these Student Athletes & everyone who supported this new form of payment wanted these kids to be treated like employees, well….
This is the reality side of NIL. This is the part I believe that will reel this thing back in from getting too far out of hand

Advertisement
Why would he? Lol. This has now become a business; these Student Athletes & everyone who supported this new form of payment wanted these kids to be treated like employees, well….

I thought NLI was with 3rd parties, not with the schools directly. Wouldn't that be up to whoever the NLI deal is with?

Advertisement
All good, sir. I just don't think the cultural fit will work out - interacting with the boosters, keeping the boosters in line, recruiting blue-chippers in the south, fund-raising, etc. Remember what Slingblade Billy did immediately at Florida, he refused to honor the commitments, he forced all the recruits to resubmit video to him for evaluation, and he ran off the QB commit that Mullet left him.

I don't know, sometimes these know-it-alls come to a big SEC school and immediately dig a hole for themselves.

The thing that concerns me with Deboer is not his basic coaching ability. It's the fact that he BARELY has any P5 experience. He is going to be run over by alums, other coaches, the refs, just about anyone/everyone associated with the SEC. He might be a great teacher and builder of men, but I don't think he has the gravitas to be the Alabama coach. Bear did. Gene Stallings did. And Nick did.

Just about nobody else at Alabama has had that same powerful presence for the last 75 years. Three success stories, and a bunch of failures.
I agree with you on the personality fit, but I highly doubt he’s gonna get run over by the refs and other coaches when he’s been coach of the year and made a National Championship final.

IMO, there’s more chance DeBoer becomes a Meyer than a Napier. Meyer was 2 years at Bowling Green and 2 years at Utah before coming to UF and winning an NC.

Advertisement
Back