2024 Julian Sayin 5* QB from CA

Advertisement
Advertisement
Seeing 3* Emory Williams play makes me worry less about the 5* QBs out there.

Advertisement
Lanning and Elko would be Bama’s first two calls. Would not put it past them to give Urban a ring either. Think Dabo would be option 4 or 5. His time at Clemson is coming to an end.
I expect AtM to throw the house at Elko, after they've thrown 2 mansions at Jimbo's buyout.

Advertisement
Dabo is an Alabama alum and former player. He definitely wants that job. Not sure Bama wants him

he would be a great choice for Alabama but, with his success at Clemson and being big part of that community, I think it would be a difficult decision. I could see him leveraging the offer for better resources and staying.

Last edited:
This!
The path might be easy at Bama but I’m still trying to wrap my head around this Alabama meltdown.

There has to be some really bad mojo going on and a dude like J Cohen saw it coming.

Were talking over a decade of top 3 (mostly number one) recruiting classes.
Saban went scorched earth on that campus and went full Saudi Prince mode.
No expense was spared. From nutrition to motivational speakers. Ipf, football only facility and dining.
Dude has had Kobe, David Goggins and others to speak to the team.
And yet they’ve looked like crap in all 3 phases this year.

I suspect a huge turnover in both roster and coaching coming because if not, it’s gonna be painful in tuskkaloosa.

Don’t know if Julian wants be part of a possible sht show or a possible rebuild. But regardless, something has to happen over there.

And there is always the possibility that Saban might be in Jupiter island sooner rather than later. I don’t know too many coaches that can just take those Keyes and drive it the same way Saban has.
Program rot. Same reason we fell, USC fell. At some point the work and determination gets so far removed that struggle isn’t ingrained anymore. That and the portal has hurt Bama more than NIL has. Tough to keep a kid waiting for three years anymore.

Advertisement
Program rot. Same reason we fell, USC fell. At some point the work and determination gets so far removed that struggle isn’t ingrained anymore. That and the portal has hurt Bama more than NIL has. Tough to keep a kid waiting for three years anymore.
Watching USF vs Alabama reminded me of the 2006 Hurricanes. Defense was still strong, but not championship level. The offense however - particularly the passing offense - was gone. And that game yesterday reminded me specifically of the Miami / Houston game, where we struggled to pass and had to run the entire fourth quarter to get the victory.

Mario will probably get a phone call, but I don’t expect it to be picked up. I have Kiffin as an option cause of connections, SEC experience, and Alabama is in need of offensive change. I put DeBoer cause of Washington’s success, and Alabama has interest in that offensive scheme (Ryan Grubb interview). Lanning seems like the obvious choice to me tho; he is young, fiery, good scheme, and willing to adapt.
I’d say big time SEC or blue blood experience is a must. Outside of maybe Texas, is there a bigger pressure cooker than Bama? Maybe with the landscape changing some guys feel their current set up is more favorable for job security. Maybe a NFL guy pops up. **** at the rate Houston fires coaches DeMeco maybe available.

Not a CFB HC though. He’ll probably have a monster staff around him. Bama can recruit itself at this point.
He was 15-9 as a college head coach. Bama has a monster staff now. And "no" to the last point.

Watching USF vs Alabama reminded me of the 2006 Hurricanes. Defense was still strong, but not championship level. The offense however - particularly the passing offense - was gone. And that game yesterday reminded me specifically of the Miami / Houston game, where we struggled to pass and had to run the entire fourth quarter to get the victory.
I thought the same thing. Felt like watching Wright and Freeman alternate between throwing the ball into the dirt.

Not sure what the reason is, but they have had too many misses on that side of the ball recently. I can’t remember the last time their WRs were this average.

Advertisement
Back