2024 Julian Sayin 5* QB from CA

Advertisement
What’s monster about Bama’s staff now? And lol at you saying “no”.
Sorry for the short answer. I will clear up my take. Every coaching staff has to work at recruiting and evaluation. "Recruit itself" is like a fantasy football, blanket recruit 4-5 star approach. Mack Brown won a national championship at Texas and passed on Texas HS QBs RG3, Andrew Luck, and Manziel like an idiot. Imploded the program with top 5 classes year after year. You have to have a General leading the way. "Recruit itself" is not a plan, it's an assumption.

Tommy Rees, Kevin Steele, and their army of analysts gets paid a ton of money. They didn't suck when Bama was poaching these guys in the Summer, but I guess they suck after game 3.

A guy like Blake James probably thinks 15-9 Bill has a good enough coaching record for that program, but Bama fans will be a hard "no." They want someone like Dabo with championships and a program building recruiting strategy, but Clemson slipping the last two years is bad timing. Bama fans aren't sure Dabo can adjust to the portal/free agency market.

Honestly, I don't know who they take. Kiffin? Seems like an odd personality fit, but he is the hot name fans keep bringing up.

Advertisement
Too early. Jake Garcia was also lighting up the stat sheet against cupcakes
Central Connecticut St Jake Garcia...
vince-special.gif

Dabo and Lanning, yes. I don’t see Kiffin as a fit, despite his being OC there. DeBoer have any $EC connections?

I can see Bama interested in Mario but highly doubt he’s be interested. Politely, no thank you.

Jimbo? Sark? Kidding….

DC Glenn Schumann of UGA’s staff? I would expect Bama would shoot for a high profile HC though. Trouble is, who wants to follow Saban?
It will be someone that's been a HC before. Bama is not a job for a first time HC. The fanbase would eat a first timer, alive!

Advertisement
Advertisement
All I’m saying is nothing is new under the sun and history repeats itself. Y’all are doing the exact same thing with Emory that y’all did with Jake.
The distinction is that one guy is benefiting from an actual staff that apparently develops and puts players in position to succeed and the other was harmed by a staph that did neither. So the optimism for Emory is more warranted than it was for Jake. But yeah, the backup QB is always the best player on the team!

Garbage as a HC
PSU disagrees...............................

I have a friend who is a former PSU LB, super booster, on the sidelines every game. He says that the big dogs love B O'B and would take him back in a heartbeat-if they were looking for a new coach. He said that JF's hire set them back "years" but that things look promising now.............He thinks that Dabo will be at Bama within hours of NS retiring. He thinks that is why Clemson is falling now. Dabo knows he is leaving soon.

Last edited:
Some kids ain’t about the nightlife. And that’s fine. That’s why every pitch is different and has to be unique to each kid

Advertisement
The distinction is that one guy is benefiting from an actual staff that apparently develops and puts players in position to succeed and the other was harmed by a staph that did neither. So the optimism for Emory is more warranted than it was for Jake. But yeah, the backup QB is always the best player on the team!
Jake had lashlee as his QB coach. He just didn’t have the offensive line talent

Sorry for the short answer. I will clear up my take. Every coaching staff has to work at recruiting and evaluation. "Recruit itself" is like a fantasy football, blanket recruit 4-5 star approach. Mack Brown won a national championship at Texas and passed on Texas HS QBs RG3, Andrew Luck, and Manziel like an idiot. Imploded the program with top 5 classes year after year. You have to have a General leading the way. "Recruit itself" is not a plan, it's an assumption.

Tommy Rees, Kevin Steele, and their army of analysts gets paid a ton of money. They didn't suck when Bama was poaching these guys in the Summer, but I guess they suck after game 3.

A guy like Blake James probably thinks 15-9 Bill has a good enough coaching record for that program, but Bama fans will be a hard "no." They want someone like Dabo with championships and a program building recruiting strategy, but Clemson slipping the last two years is bad timing. Bama fans aren't sure Dabo can adjust to the portal/free agency market.

Honestly, I don't know who they take. Kiffin? Seems like an odd personality fit, but he is the hot name fans keep bringing up.
Honestly, I think Mario is one of the names that they will inquire about. I don’t think he would take it though.

Advertisement
Back