Judd Anderson SR HL

Advertisement
Dude, I've been wrong as much as the next guy. But if Judd Anderson ever takes snaps for Miami and plays at a higher level than Kirby Freeman and Tate Martell I will be surprised. If he can be better than Jarren Williams, Nkosi Perry and Malik Rosier, I will shocked ... floored even. But Bring It On.
He signed so I won't share my true feeling. I think you are safe here. I'd be more worried about that Big Lou take from last week. 🤣

He signed so I won't share my true feeling. I think you are safe here. I'd be more worried about that Big Lou take from last week. 🤣

LOL, I was strongly against having Lou on the team. My appreciation thread for him was tongue in cheek about nepotism -- hey, if Mario signs a Top 5 class every year, he can give up 1 spot for his nephew. But starting him in the bowl game when you have Tommy Kinsler, Frankie Tinilau and Chris Washington riding pine is outright insulting to the team. It was justice they ran it on 4th and 2 and Lou's the one who got pushed back. Again, NOT Lou's fault. Mario is one stubborn MFer who will keep having GT or Buttgers failures with his hubris.

I obviously have a love hate relationship with our staph. Love Mario the recruiter, love the organization and culture he wants to instill. Hate Mario the stubborn, Soviet-era general who is incapable of adaptation, falls back on a tired playbook, and has favorites.

As far as posting pros and cons about recruits and players, people may disagree with me, but I believe talking about their overall talent and fit with Miami is fair game. I believe in being both positive and negative about their playmaking capabilities and off-field behavior if it's public.

I straight out do not like the Anderson and Russell commits. I am miffed we let Moss and Acheampong transfer out without giving them any game time (except a couple snaps vs. BCU for Moss) while playing Lichtenstein and Gore. I don't know why we bring in Harrell, Johnson and Robby Washington then never run a friggin RB wheel route or a WR go/post route. Or bench a guy like Jaleel Skinner because he can't block and play a guy like Cam McCormick because he can block, without adjusting the playbook to take advantage of Skinner's unique receiving abilities. Or play a Corey Flagg over a Popo.

We are infinitely more talented than Manny's 8-3 team, yet looked like dog**** on game day. And still manage to misuse personnel.

LOL, I was strongly against having Lou on the team. My appreciation thread for him was tongue in cheek about nepotism -- hey, if Mario signs a Top 5 class every year, he can give up 1 spot for his nephew. But starting him in the bowl game when you have Tommy Kinsler, Frankie Tinilau and Chris Washington riding pine is outright insulting to the team. It was justice they ran it on 4th and 2 and Lou's the one who got pushed back. Again, NOT Lou's fault. Mario is one stubborn MFer who will keep having GT or Buttgers failures with his hubris.

I obviously have a love hate relationship with our staph. Love Mario the recruiter, love the organization and culture he wants to instill. Hate Mario the stubborn, Soviet-era general who is incapable of adaptation, falls back on a tired playbook, and has favorites.

As far as posting pros and cons about recruits and players, people may disagree with me, but I believe talking about their overall talent and fit with Miami is fair game. I believe in being both positive and negative about their playmaking capabilities and off-field behavior if it's public.

I straight out do not like the Anderson and Russell commits. I am miffed we let Moss and Acheampong transfer out without giving them any game time (except a couple snaps vs. BCU for Moss) while playing Lichtenstein and Gore. I don't know why we bring in Harrell, Johnson and Robby Washington then never run a friggin RB wheel route or a WR go/post route. Or bench a guy like Jaleel Skinner because he can't block and play a guy like Cam McCormick because he can block, without adjusting the playbook to take advantage of Skinner's unique receiving abilities. Or play a Corey Flagg over a Popo.

We are infinitely more talented than Manny's 8-3 team, yet looked like dog**** on game day. And still manage to misuse personnel.
I agree about having discourse but I like to give guys chance to prove me wrong before I pile on. I'm on record for all 3 QB experiments, mainly the last 2.

I agree about having discourse but I like to give guys chance to prove me wrong before I pile on. I'm on record for all 3 QB experiments, mainly the last 2.

About that, I still think investing the money on a portal QB is the better route to go. I just think Mario and Dawson royally misplayed their hand. IMO, they took the wrong developmental HS QB (JA over Bailey or a handful of others) and obsessed over the wrong HVT portal QB. I personally always wanted 2 QBs from the portal, both a starter and a backup. ... Now we're praying for a miracle just to find a respectable starter out of the portal and that Brown doesn't transfer out.

Advertisement
About that, I still think investing the money on a portal QB is the better route to go. I just think Mario and Dawson royally misplayed their hand. IMO, they took the wrong developmental HS QB (JA over Bailey or a handful of others) and obsessed over the wrong HVT portal QB. I personally always wanted 2 QBs from the portal, both a starter and a backup. ... Now we're praying for a miracle just to find a respectable starter out of the portal and that Brown doesn't transfer out.
The thing about the entire scenario is that it was always the most predictable. As much as people tried to pass it off as the obvious solution anyone with a brain knew to expect us to be where we are today. Yes portaling in a QB can work in case by case scenario. No, you shouldn't plan for it to be your solution and not have good players on the roster. We are desperate rn because we have not signed a Miller Moss.

Some good, some so so imo

I was never against this take. And I think he's still worth it. I'm no qb expert.

Good: Accuracy over the middle of the field. Seems to be good at finding the window and not afraid to put it on the receiver. Velocity is definitely there and ball gets there in plenty of time. Was really impressed with him on intermediate routes the way he even buys time and gets thru his progressions. Seems to have improved with footwork and moving in the pocket. Decent feel there. Size and straight line speed. Release looks fine and pretty natural.

Needs Work: Doesn't always lead receivers well. And too much air on a lot of deep balls…Accuracy on deep balls. Tends to under throw them. Basically oppo TVD but same result, TVD not enough air, this kid too much air, but both balls end up under thrown. I mean this kid really throws his deep balls high and kids have to adjust.
People on this board would have hated Cam Ward out of high school. This team needed a legit portal QB so that Williams can red shirt Brown can compete, and Anderson could develop. Nickel is a stud I don’t care what his ranking is. It will go up. The schedule and roster are ready to win. This is very bad. Nelson makes no sense . He’s a highly ranked kid that from what I hear was lost at USC. We needed a legit QB. Circle back to Howard and pay him

This team is a Brown Transfer from Anderson being QB 2 lol. Better future this out or have a plan. Or do what the SEC does and send a college girl to social media and ask around for kids who might wanna leave

Advertisement
We've had all failures, based off CIS expectations, since Dorsey. Except the one kid, maybe, that went pro.

Can’t even think of his name. Golden years?

Was looking at his stats along with Luke Nickel and noticed Air Noland had a pretty average SR year in Georgia. Judd smashed him in just about every statistical category and has better physical traits. Not sure if Noland was hurt or something but found that interesting.

Was looking at his stats along with Luke Nickel and noticed Air Noland had a pretty average SR year in Georgia. Judd smashed him in just about every statistical category and has better physical traits. Not sure if Noland was hurt or something but found that interesting.
There were some people that commented during the season that watch him and were saying he’s not all that

Advertisement
Back