2023 JUCO WR Shemar Kirk - Reedley College, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Joaquin Phoenix Smile GIF

Mood if we really don't pull at least 1 portal wideout

Now that’s a concept certain posters don’t comprehend.
All things considered, I think most of the criticism has been fair. 80 million is a lot of money to be learning on the job. A bit sloppier than expected tbh. No flame.

In saying that, I think we’ll land this kid. Hope so.

Advertisement
I get why under gattis, but a portal wr looking at our depth chart and understanding Dawson's offense and not coming here is going to be a head scratcher if we can't land anyone

I get why under gattis, but a portal wr looking at our depth chart and understanding Dawson's offense and not coming here is going to be a head scratcher if we can't land anyone

Unfortunately (and I knew this was a risk), we lost the opportunity in the first Portal window. I was hoping there would be more talent available in window #2 than it turned out to be.

I would take a WR or 2, but I'm not sure any of them would start over our top 3. We aren't going to find a slot WR better than X. We aren't going to find a 6'5 WR on the outside better than Colbie, and IMO George is more naturally gifted than these other cats, but what bringing them in will hopefully push him to work hard and be the best version he can be.

I would take a WR or 2, but I'm not sure any of them would start over our top 3. We aren't going to find a slot WR better than X. We aren't going to find a 6'5 WR on the outside better than Colbie, and IMO George is more naturally gifted than these other cats, but what bringing them in will hopefully push him to work hard and be the best version he can be.

Not disagreeing with what you say. But we also need backups. We also need enough guys to scrimmage and run a scout team. We also need guys who can start if someone goes down with an injury.

Advertisement
Not disagreeing with what you say. But we also need backups. We also need enough guys to scrimmage and run a scout team. We also need guys who can start if someone goes down with an injury.

This. Kirk isn't Franklin or Coleman. But given our depth and inconsistencies, he may end up starting nonetheless, whether due to injury or drama among the existing receivers.

I am still lit up about George's suspension last season at the same time Restrepo was knocked out and unable to play. Then Brinson and Ladson performed like they were scrubs. ******* Brashard Smith led all receivers with only 33 catches and 308 yards. We need to bring in guys who want the ball and are willing to work for it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back