2023 JUCO WR Shemar Kirk - Reedley College, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.
The U of A is MF’ing sleeping giant, my man! We’ve been waiting for the alarm clock to go off since Gerry Faust was up here. Don’t underestimate the Zips gang. LOL.
Happy Tears Crying GIF by Norwalk Brew House

GO FLASHES!!!

Advertisement
Shodell on Canesport wrote a great story about Kirk. I can see why he'd be a good fit in the locker room.

-Kirk attended McGarock High in Nashville, Tenn. He went out for the football team as a freshman, didn’t do particularly well and decided he didn’t want to play his sophomore year. His junior year he came back out for football but says “it just wasn’t clicking.” His senior year? That saw a solid performance, but not enough to garner interest from any colleges or junior colleges.

- Went into the job force after HS, working security for two years at a Nissan automobile assembly plant in Smyrna, Tenn. His hours were 5 am - 1 pm.
“I thought I’d wind up working security someday for my brother (Shedrick Kirk, who played in the USFL out of Kentucky Wesleyan).”

- Kirk’s love of the game grew in those two years, as he played flag football with college student-athletes and realized he could compete at their level.
“I’d watch Alabama games on TV and be like, `I can do that,’” Kirk says.
All he needed was an opportunity.

-Reedley College began recruiting his stepbrother, Tamicus Napier.

“I sent them my (high school senior) film, said `Let’s go, I’m ready,’” Kirk said. “I felt that was the perfect opportunity, and they took a chance on me. They took him first, but they thought my high school film was nice and they wanted me.”

-Freshman year Kirk had 45 catches in eight games with 782 yards and eight TDs. That included an 85-yard TD. This past season he played in 10 games and had 31 receptions for 664 yards with seven TDs. One of those? A 90-yarder.

-Kirk said his mindset changed in the past two years. Says he was immature in HS.
“God put me through that fire and I had to mature and get my mindset right. I felt I always had the ability to play wherever.”

-Miami offered Kirk on Monday and Kirk spoke to Kevin Beard for the first time.
“We talked for two hours,” Kirk said. “It was moreso the process, the whole process of who he is as a coach and his mission on earth. It was some real good stuff. It was amazing.”

He’s already taken visits to Robert Morris, Tennessee Tech, UNLV, Texas A&M and most recently UCF. He anticipates Miami will be his final visit.

He graduates on May 13th and plans to announce his school of choice on that day. He will choose between all the schools he visited.
I live pretty close to McGavock High School, and I've really never heard anything football-related about it, but I'd love to see a 615>305 pipeline. There's a lot of talent in the Nashville area. We have several guys on the team already from this area. It's kind of odd to see that Nissan plant in Smyrna mentioned in the article. That's where my Car was assembled, and I never thought I'd see it mentioned in a Canes recruiting article lol. Small world :ROFLMAO:

I live pretty close to McGavock High School, and I've really never heard anything football-related about it, but I'd love to see a 615>305 pipeline. There's a lot of talent in the Nashville area. We have several guys on the team already from this area. It's kind of odd to see that Nissan plant in Smyrna mentioned in the article. That's where my Car was assembled, and I never thought I'd see it mentioned in a Canes recruiting article lol. Small world :ROFLMAO:

Horton is from middle Tennessee. I live in west Tennessee. It’s always nice to meet more Tennessee Canes!!

Advertisement
Clock is ticking, committing today?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back