Official JUCO WR Offer - Colbie Young: COMMITS!

Advertisement
****, wanted him.

Time to hope the young guns grow up fast, or we will be in for a rude awakening at College Station - and I don’t even think A$$-To-Mouth University wins more than 9 games this season.

We’re assuming Restrepo will be a steady rock, our Berrios of sorts; George, Brinson, Keshawn…someone’s got to blossom into a stud.

If we’re serious about adding him it speaks volumes that they’re willing to take a JUCO kid...

Especially considering his size & athletic profile, to me, it’s pretty much them saying they think he can contribute as a big bodied Tall Flanker, which was supposed to be for a particular player they already added...

I’m all for adding him if we can, people have underestimated the need for another WR, the staff has basically spent most of post Spring camp turning over every rock & checking every crevice they can find for a WR lol
I just think it's very strange that we haven't been able to add anyone yet considering who we have at QB the lack of a no1 at WR and the strength of the staff. Something is wrong here. It doesnt add up.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We gonna be fine at WR. Not optimal depth, but plenty talent.
That may be so but I'm more concerned with our inability to add a portal or Juco WR given our need at the position. The staff has been trying to add one post spring to no avail. It makes no sense. Something isn't right here. Any theories? We have a stud QB with 2 studs behind him. We have the reigning Broyles award winner at OC. We have the need for a WR yet nobody wants to come so far. It just doesn't add up.

That may be so but I'm more concerned with our inability to add a portal or Juco WR given our need at the position. The staff has been trying to add one post spring to no avail. It makes no sense. Something isn't right here. Any theories? We have a stud QB with 2 studs behind him. We have the reigning Broyles award winner at OC. We have the need for a WR yet nobody wants to come so far. It just doesn't add up.
Negative recruiting from other staffs about Mario's preference to go run first is my best guess

Advertisement
Kids are obviously scared about what Mario and Gattis come up with. Gattis is talking about running 2-3 TEs a lot which will scare the **** out of receivers. I know a lot of people are saying he'll run a power spread like Bama but i need to see it to believe it, and i think the receivers feel the same way.

Not saying he won't, but I'm definitely cautious.

Kids are obviously scared about what Mario and Gattis come up with. Gattis is talking about running 2-3 TEs a lot which will scare the **** out of receivers. I know a lot of people are saying he'll run a power spread like Bama but i need to see it to believe it, and i think the receivers feel the same way.

He has to run 2-3 TEs sets. Everything from practice says that our WRs can’t catch anything even with stick em on their gloves. It’s not an option, it’s survival.

Theory? Here you go. Many WR recruits know the local talent is great and that is being reinforced by other schools. Telling them we are going to play the Locals and Florida kids first. Best I got.

Advertisement
He has to run 2-3 TEs sets. Everything from practice says that our WRs can’t catch anything even with stick em on their gloves. It’s not an option, it’s survival.
To steal LCEs line, I’ve said it 100 times, Gattis will call plays that highlight the best/fav players.

In order:

1. TVD
2. TEs
3. RBs
4. Slots
5. The rest

To steal LCEs line, I’ve said it 100 times, Gattis will call plays that highlight the best/fav players.

In order:

1. TVD
2. TEs
3. RBs
4. Slots
5. The rest

100% agree as of right now. Could look very different in 3 months from now, especially after a few games. So much can change with a real staff. Hopefully it does.

Advertisement
Not going to be received well but this is where a guy like Wiggins would help with depth.

Wasn't a hands catcher at all but significantly better than a Colbie Young from the friggin University of New York or wherever he plays.

Wigs leaving had to be an attitude thing because he could've helped our WR depth at the very least and added experience.

Good Riddance!
2 TE sets still utilize at least 2 WR's on the field so they shouldnt be coming here anyway if theyre planing on being a #4 or #5WR
gone are the days of taking football players that are scared of competition!

Not going to be received well but this is where a guy like Wiggins would help with depth.

Wasn't a hands catcher at all but significantly better than a Colbie Young from the friggin University of New York or wherever he plays.

Wigs leaving had to be an attitude thing because he could've helped our WR depth at the very least and added experience.
Reaction GIF

WR Summer School Schedule:

6 am to Noon - JUGS Machines
Noon to 1 pm - Lunch
1 pm to 6 pm - JUGS Machines
6 pm to 7 pm - Dinner
7 pm to Midnight - JUGS Simulator on laptop

I think getting separation is the bigger problem for this group of WRs.

Hopefully Brinson and George take the next step.

Advertisement
Back