2023 JUCO WR Malik Benson receives offer

Advertisement
Man, I live for the day that the University of Miami does not need to rely on transfer WR.

We have beyond shi* the bed in one of what should be our key recruiting demographics.

Agree though I think 2021 and 2022 kids will be high quality. And Keyshawn had multiple strong catches. Not as electric or consistent as Rambo, to be sure, so perhaps he's not a true #1. We need to keep recruiting until the top dogs emerge.

Advertisement
Man, I live for the day that the University of Miami does not need to rely on transfer WR.

We have beyond shi* the bed in one of what should be our key recruiting demographics.

I think this is a different situation. If a juco kid can ball, I’ll always go after him. It’s not like we’re depending on the portal. You’re just getting a talented kid who went to juco for a number of reasons.

Advertisement
I think this is a different situation. If a juco kid can ball, I’ll always go after him. It’s not like we’re depending on the portal. You’re just getting a talented kid who went to juco for a number of reasons.

This

The objective is to stack talent, regardless of where they come from. This kid is as good & talented as any WR I’ve seen in the 23 class.

You do realize that this is a different era, right? For christ sakes man. Even Bama, who unequivocally has become wr-u, relies on the transfer portal to add talent to their room. Have you ever heard of Jameson Williams, & Jermaine Burton??

As a fanbase we really have to get out of these sort of binary thought patterns. Relying on the transfer portal to complement your roster, is not necessarily an indictment & referendum on recruiting by the current coaching staff if the talent is being evaluated holistically.

Last edited:

You wont need to wait much longer.

Edit: To be clear what I mean is that we are going to recruit WR at such a high level that we wont need to add a transfer every year. However if a special talent is available and its a year that we are going to be very young then of course you improve the team any way you can.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back