JUCO LB Antonio Smothers offered

Advertisement
From ITU

-On the same team as DT Calvin Heurtelou, who also has an offer from the Canes
-Originally from Gary, IN
-ACT wasnt high enough out of HS, started out at AZ Western juco
-Transferred to Scotsdale CC cause they needed a LB and he wasnt playing at AZ Western
-Compares himself to Arthur Brown
-Plays OLB, MIKE in dime packages, can play DE too
-Hasnt visited any schools yet
-Has offers from K St., Miami, Cincy, and Memphis
-USC has been talking to him
-Wants to visit most of the these schools this summer since he's on pace to graduate early
-Jethro came out to see his roommate Heurtelou and ended up offering both
-Likes the Miami tradition
-Smothers and Heurtelou arent a package deal, but going to the same school would be nice

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1754673/antonio-smothers

https://www.facebook.com/pages/JuCo-Football-Forer/254564521231739

Advertisement
I wonder who is finding these beast LBs. Golden, Barrow, Carrol? We got Bond & Figs last year, and now these offers rolling in.

Advertisement
I wonder who is finding these beast LBs. Golden, Barrow, Carrol? We got Bond & Figs last year, and now these offers rolling in.

Don't forget EJ

I didnt, just trying to get over the loss. Poured out some liquor for the homie this morning. RIP Leader of the Goon Squad.

I hear ya. Just keeps showing he can find talent in different places. Just hope Bond is the real deal.

I hope he and Denzel bring some leadership to the young LB squad. Defense will bring us back to where we need to be

Advertisement
Advertisement
Maybe Barrow is finding em? Maybe coarch Shannon just told him he couldn't take any lbers over 150 lbs..

Maybe Barrow is finding em? Maybe coarch Shannon just told him he couldn't take any lbers over 150 lbs..

You're right. Saying "Golden" really isn't fair to the recruiters out there busting their asses on the trail. It's up to Golden to give them his blessing and do his thing but it's obviously a group effort.

Some of those after-the-fact Shannon recruiting stories make you cringe. You hear about some of the guys our assistants wanted but weren't given the go-ahead. Neither here nor there though.

Advertisement
Back