2023 JUCO CB Demetrius Freeney, College of San Mateo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I hope that Graves doesn’t portal out.

He’s the best athlete there by far.

You’d have to recruit at an insane level to get enough athletes better than him.
We on our way with Stafford and damari and Dylan and Isiah on the way!

And yet he's here while Steele isn’t. And we managed to produce an AP 1st team All American safety from an overall group devoid of talent.

The guy who is the DC at Bama, you mean? And Stevenson is devoid of talent, but drafted in the second round?

Advertisement
So head to head vs Deion with Veenables in the mix?

This was before us locking up his last OV slot. Is there an article somewhere confirming we're locked in for June 9 and that his decision date is that weekend?

Advertisement
@DMoney From the 5/28 ATM

- Miami really likes recent JUCO offer CB Demetrius Freeney. He is eligible to play this year and is a HS QB with offers and a qualifying score out of school. Good size (6'1, 185), good speed (11.00 100M) and the athleticism from playing offense his whole career. Miami's staff has significant ties with his head coach and he will visit next week.

Article on why Veenables is interested. They want him as a replacement for Davis. If we take them, that will be a double blow for Veenables.

He flashes in press coverage while also playing off and displays good awareness in zone. In his Hudl highlights, Freeney showed the ability to pass off his man in coverage and keep his eyes on the quarterback. That ability translated to an interception return for a touchdown.

Woodi Washington is locked in as one starter for Oklahoma. But with Jaden Davis departure to Miami, there’s an opportunity for someone to take over as the second and third cornerback.

Advertisement
**** yeah

To my eyes, DPJ looked locked in and in phase during the Spring game. Our WRs aren't world beaters, but he looked good. I like him on the outside.

I know you guys know your stuff. But I just don't see it. Nothing he does impressed me. I actually felt Couch played significantly better than Porter last season.

Couch's problem, IMO, is that OCs realize they can scheme to pit him against bigger receivers with good hands that can manhandle him even though he is well positioned. Porter on the other hand just doesn't look instinctual to me, seems a step behind, and on top of that he is also too slight to battle bigger receivers.

I'm not going back to review the tape. So maybe I misremembered it and I'll gladly eat crow. But that was my judgment at the time. I just didn't trust him out there on the field.

Advertisement
Attended San Leandro High School, home of the great Dennis Dixon. He's raw but for him to produce at College of San Mateo a school that for the past decade has been the best Juco program in the Bay Area. Usually their entire secondary goes P5. I know Addae has a relationship with his coach, but I believe Mario does as well because Oregon starting safety last two years Bennett Williams attended CSM as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back