2023 JUCO CB Demetrius Freeney, College of San Mateo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Graves, Davis, all the youngins! Everybody who didn't leave or wasn't a portal gut

You and ghandi forget that players do get better! Unless, everyother teams players get better except ours?
Think Malik is what Malik is. Graves…make or break by next year IMO. Would love to see him get some PT this year but not sure he can/will.

Advertisement
Graves, Davis, all the youngins! Everybody who didn't leave or wasn't a portal gut

You and ghandi forget that players do get better! Unless, everyother teams players get better except ours?

Graves will kill you if he’s on the field.

What more does J. Davis need to show here that he hasn’t shown in 1.5k snaps in Oklahoma?

Which other young player are you referring to?

Advertisement
Graves will kill you if he’s on the field.

What more does J. Davis need to show here that he hasn’t shown in 1.5k snaps in Oklahoma?

Which other young player are you referring to?
I might've got Davis mixed up with the one who was taking snaps at safety? Clarke/Curtis I forget which one left?...we don't know that yet ghandi? That was last year is it possible he(graves) can improve! yes, but the question is will he?

Advertisement
Harris? Pretty sure he's at safety.
I thought it was jus cuz we needed bodies? Avantae, Washington left, jw injured, balom wishy washy, that left kk, mw, new signee Spencer, so I thought he was just a body for practice purposes? Til we added someone or anyone?

I might've got Davis mixed up with the one who was taking snaps at safety? Clarke/Curtis I forget which one left?...we don't know that yet ghandi? That was last year is it possible he(graves) can improve! yes, but the question is will he?

Of course he can get better.

But this spring was just as bad as his first fall. He’s made very minimal technical progress.

He’s gotten bigger and stronger, yes, so he’s putting in the work needed.

He’s just not ready to contribute yet. He needs more time.

Of course he can get better.

But this spring was just as bad as his first fall. He’s made very minimal technical progress.

He’s gotten bigger and stronger, yes, so he’s putting in the work needed.

He’s just not ready to contribute yet. He needs more time.
Pretty soon he will run out of chances once mario gets this thing running smoothly he will get passed up or portal out!

I thought it was jus cuz we needed bodies? Avantae, Washington left, jw injured, balom wishy washy, that left kk, mw, new signee Spencer, so I thought he was just a body for practice purposes? Til we added someone or anyone?

You could be right. For some reason I thought it was a more permanent move, though.

Advertisement
I’m surprised he managed to survive his recruiting output and positional performance.

I thought he was deadman walking in November.

Probably a case of not having a demonstrably better trade up at the time Guidry joined the staff, so they gave him a year to prove he could recruit and work as hard as Mario requires. He's definitely on the clock this year.

Probably a case of not having a demonstrably better trade up at the time Guidry joined the staff, so they gave him a year to prove he could recruit and work as hard as Mario requires. He's definitely on the clock this year.
True he is! But, I'm liking the work he putting in though. Got us in the game with Ellis, and Ricky! got us Dylan day, Isiah Thomas! But ⏰ is ticking!

Facts.

I've been saying since last year that we cannot win against quality teams with Couch and Porter as our starting CBs. Fortunately, we grabbed Davante who leap-frogged them to start at one spot. Richard "may" be capable of being the other starter, but who knows. Damari may get there at some point this season, but if he does, it will most likely second half of schedule. And who starts when we need a fast nickel package with 3 CBs on the field at the same time? The rest are rotational as you say.

p.s., we have a similar problem at LB, where we'll be throwing freshman bodies at the wall to see who sticks.
trying to figure why are folks down on DP Jr so much.

Couch i understand as we have seen stuff where he got burned and confidence issues etc.

Porter will be in the rotation ..I believe the cb floor has risen.. I like the Vandy portal transfer...Damari will log mins as he gets the defense down and im cool with the group of Couch/Porter/Jaden Davis working the slot. I like DP more on outside battling the Vandy kid

Advertisement
Not disagreeing, but there were some pretty reliable posters surprised he was retained at one point…
I remember. Most of the criticism against him was attitude/personality as it related to crooting. The secondary was one of the best performing units collectively last year and most of the board refused to even give him the slightest credit.

trying to figure why are folks down on DP Jr so much.

Couch i understand as we have seen stuff where he got burned and confidence issues etc.

Porter will be in the rotation ..I believe the cb floor has risen.. I like the Vandy portal transfer...Damari will log mins as he gets the defense down and im cool with the group of Couch/Porter/Jaden Davis working the slot. I like DP more on outside battling the Vandy kInc.

To my eyes, DPJ looked locked in and in phase during the Spring game. Our WRs aren't world beaters, but he looked good. I like him on the outside.

Then he needs to learn to pucker up. In particular when it comes to recruiting.
Black Ink Crew Laughing GIF by VH1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back