Jovani Haskins

Garvin doesn't look as skinny as I expected.

Would not surprise me to see him on the field ahead of Harris, DJack.

Like the optimism but this is a negative, friend. DJax and Harris are going to be ready. What we want is for Garvin to get reps this year so that when Harris and CThomas graduate he can either start opposite JJax or be DJax backup if he doesnt declare for the draft. And be a ready-to-go starter by his Jr year. Thats how Bama is doing it. Just reloading and plugging in Jrs who have been learning and waiting for 2 years and unleashing them to dominate.

I didnt even know who Jonathan Allen was until last year and hes about to be a top 10 pick in a month. Thats what you call quality depth. We are there on the DLine. And will be there soon in the secondary and WR after this year.

Bad example with Allen, dozen sacks junior year and most mocks had him late 1st that year as well.

Advertisement
Harris and Jackson are both pretty good. But that's their ceiling.

By the end of 2016 J. Jackson had passed them both.

Garvin's got the fast-twitch gene that Harris/Djax seem to lack.

I don't think it will happen immediately because Harris and Djack are good players with a lot of experience but Garvin being here for the spring is a problem for them.

did Donaldson have a knee operation in high school?

C8BPnd4XkAATBiW.jpg

Not a surgical scar.

He crashed his moped on the way to class.

I call BS. There is no way Big Donaldson fits on a moped.

I know we've always had guys that looked the part but it seems like the team is jacked overall. Maybe I'm just misremebering.

guys aren't fat, weak and slow any more...we look like a d1 major football program who's ready fck some **** up

Strength hasn't been Miami's problem. Unless you do a comparison between this years team and past teams you really don't know. People can look at Donaldson and say he's fat a.......another can look at him and say Miami's S@C program is nails. he'll that one year Miami had guys who benched 225 over 30X. Vernon was one, Fortson... but they played under golden so they Polly looked week due to an inept scheme/coaching etc. Pretty sure Brandon Washington went over 30 also.

I don't think it will happen immediately because Harris and Djack are good players with a lot of experience but Garvin being here for the spring is a problem for them.
Though your word is irrefutable I think DJack has room to grow. He was raw, added a ton of weight, then got hurt. I think we know what we got in Harris but DJack is still growing into his role. May not realize his potential till the NfL

Advertisement

Like the optimism but this is a negative, friend. DJax and Harris are going to be ready. What we want is for Garvin to get reps this year so that when Harris and CThomas graduate he can either start opposite JJax or be DJax backup if he doesnt declare for the draft. And be a ready-to-go starter by his Jr year. Thats how Bama is doing it. Just reloading and plugging in Jrs who have been learning and waiting for 2 years and unleashing them to dominate.

I didnt even know who Jonathan Allen was until last year and hes about to be a top 10 pick in a month. Thats what you call quality depth. We are there on the DLine. And will be there soon in the secondary and WR after this year.
No one is sitting super talents like Fred Garvin until their junior year. Tim Williams was nowhere near Garvin physically, and he was getting reps right away.

I love me some Toolbox, but Garvin, as a toddler running around in a saggy diaper, was a better pass rusher than the Box.

Though your word is irrefutable I think DJack has room to grow. He was raw, added a ton of weight, then got hurt. I think we know what we got in Harris but DJack is still growing into his role. May not realize his potential till the NfL

Ya know, I don't disagree that DJ could improve. Although I do think it would behoove him to lose some weight unless he eventually grows into the McIntosh/Willis role at DT in 2018.

Advertisement
did Donaldson have a knee operation in high school?

C8BPnd4XkAATBiW.jpg

Not a surgical scar.

Was he the one who stole the moped and crashed on the way to rape some chick, or was that the fsu kid? Kidding of course.

Obviously it was the fsu kid.
Niger carr?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I had one of those when I first got my driver's license.

Advertisement
Not a surgical scar.

Was he the one who stole the moped and crashed on the way to rape some chick, or was that the fsu kid? Kidding of course.

Obviously it was the fsu kid.
Niger carr?

I had one of those when I first got my driver's license.
Lol I meant nigel carr. Dam auto correct

Advertisement

No one is sitting super talents like Fred Garvin until their junior year. Tim Williams was nowhere near Garvin physically, and he was getting reps right away.

I love me some Toolbox, but Garvin, as a toddler running around in a saggy diaper, was a better pass rusher than the Box.

My only point was that if Garvin is stealing meaningful reps from two 4th year players then we aren't where we need to be talent wise then like we think we are. Say what you want but you weren't sniffing the rotation in 2001-2002 when we had McDougle-JGreen-CGreen-AWilliams. Garvin needs reps but he shouldn't be in the 2 deep at DE with 5 upperclassmen in front of him who are talented in there own right. (throwing Patchan in there.)

My only point was that if Garvin is stealing meaningful reps from two 4th year players then we aren't where we need to be talent wise then like we think we are. Say what you want but you weren't sniffing the rotation in 2001-2002 when we had McDougle-JGreen-CGreen-AWilliams. Garvin needs reps but he shouldn't be in the 2 deep at DE with 5 upperclassmen in front of him who are talented in there own right. (throwing Patchan in there.)

If Fred Garvin is stealing reps from an overachieving grinder like Toolbox then I think it tells us the opposite of what you think it tells us. I see that as a good sign in regard to our talent level.

As far as Jamal green and Corny Green and Andrew Williams, Garvin and Joe Jacks would definitely sniff their reps. Those guys were at about the same level as some of the guys currently here at DE.

Advertisement
Back