Joshua Horton DT regular season highlights - COMMITS TO MIAMI 12.4

I said the possibility of three flips on the DL, that’s it.
We still riding with Emory at QB? I like him a lot and think he’s very underrated but saw some article linked on Twitter about Moore given dillingham going to ASU. Do we explore or are we set?

Advertisement
How many #800 ranked players end up producing?
Funny because I was talking about this earlier today…

Looking back at Manny and Richt’s classes, the development (or lack thereof) the lower ranked kids ended up setting this roster back YEARS.

There’s only been four players ranked below 800 to “produce” within the last 5-7 years... Zion, Flagg, Clark & Gaynor.

BUT if you want any reason for optimism look no further than Mario’s first class.. the two lowest ranked signees (Cooper and Colbie) ended up producing better than anyone could’ve imagined.

Nice 6’5 290 with the frame to fill out more, just what we need !
Scott Hall Wrestling GIF by WWE

No Pal! That’s what u need! Don’t put the rest of us in ur sick twisted Krap! Hey Yoo! Hit the button

I know the general rule is to ignore the rankings. But there's something a little off here.

He's been a 3 year starter for an unbeaten nationally ranked team, and he's made 81, 96 and 105 total tackles with 3 sacks each year.

In other words, he's not an under the radar kid playing in the sticks, who nobody has ever heard of. He's a known commodity with multiple set of eyes on him and that team each week.

Yet despite all the attention and the tackles, he's still a consensus lower tier 3* (78 on ESPN and 5.5 on Rivals). Its fairly safe to say the recruiting services just don't like him. Even guys who don't camp at all are ranked higher.

I'm not arguing for or against him. But the fact that he's still ranked where he is tells me he isn't getting much of a bump. Definitely not by all 4 sites. Which.. again doesn't matter. But don't expect him jump up at this point.
Not sure if he will get a bump but looks like he went from a 6'4, 250 DE to a 6'5 290 DT in the last year. Reminds me of Darrell Jackson.
Untitled.jpg

There are going to be some dudes playing in that game on Friday. He will have a good night against the Rome OL. Both Rome and Hughes will be throwing a lot so I expect some big sacks from Horton (Hughes) and Green (Rome). This game is being played at a neutral site because Hughes stadium is too small to host a semi-finals game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
This kid, the USCe commit and the Bahamian from Arizona that should be looking to get out of Texas 8&4.

It needs to be this combo.

Advertisement
This is the exact mentality thats plague Miami for decades. Go out there and get the kids that you evaluate as productive. If your judging kids by their stars at this point you’re a flaming idiot. Oh wait... maybe we should give Lingard a few mill to come back. Problem solved.
Brother, listen. It’s my opinion. No need to get angry. From my position, guys ranked in the 1000s end up like their ranking.

Advertisement
Back