2022 Joshua Conerly Jr, 5 ⭐️ OL, class of 2022 offered

Advertisement
Scaife over Nelson at Tackle? Do we watch the same games? I’m hoping someone takes Scaife out of the starting 5, not trying to put him in the most important spot. I feel like Nelson and Clark are the only two spots I’d consider settled at this point. Now I’m not going to sit here and say Nelson is done kind of high draft pick, but Scaife is an absolute under achiever IMO.

To me it's as simple as Nelson would be better at guard than Scaife, and Scaife has started 19 games at tackle and could absolutely hold down LT. Our interior OL play has been so bad the past few years that I just don't see what there is to lose in giving it a shot. We've stunk at running the ball with Nelson at LT these past few years because he's had no help at guard. Well guess what? He still has no help at guard unless you have blind faith in the midgets brought here by Diaz.

LT is the most important position because they protect a QB's blindside, and Scaife could do that just fine while we upgrade at guard with Nelson. Kind of like when Darling and McDermott flipped positions in 2017 because Darling was better equipped to tussle with DTs.

Last edited:
To me it's as simple as Nelson would be better at guard than Scaife, and Scaife has started 19 games at tackle and could absolutely hold down LT. Our interior OL play has been so bad the past few years that I just don't see what there is to lose in giving it a shot. We've stunk at running the ball with Nelson at LT these past few years because he's had no help at guard. Well guess what? He still has no help at guard unless you have blind faith in the midgets brought here by Diaz.

LT is the most important position because they protect a QB's blindside, and Scaife could do that just fine while we upgrade at guard with Nelson. Kind of like when Darling and McDermott flipped positions in 2017 because Darling was better equipped to tussle with DTs.
Scaife just ain’t it though. I think if you slide Nelson inside, we should then have Mallory be our LT. Think Eric Winston here, they both have that square Neanderthal head so I think it could work. Mallory is about have reps taken from him by Arroyo and that will not look good for scouts. This gives him new life going into the league as an LT. Can you imagine NFL DCs ****ting their pants when Mallory is labeled an eligible receiver on a play?

It's a tough call between the better tackling training device we've used recently: bouncing tire or ***** gauntlet.
DF17FDFA-136D-49F9-8C5D-6E35A42FDA16.gif

Only one of those can land you in the concussion protocol

Advertisement
Conerly would be a huge get. I also think we take 4 stud OL next cycle 4 star or higher. Going to build this team from the trenches up.
Funny thing, I worked in Arlington national cemetery for three years as a firing party commander for full honors funerals. 21 gun salute and all. It was a great and honorable job, and I got to work parts of president Bush and Senator Mccains funerals. Anyhow, in one of the newer sections, there is a Vietnam air force vet buried there along with two other air force vets. I have no idea who they are or what they accomplished, but their 3 epitaphs read, from left to right, Air Commando, The Hammer, and Master Blaster. Your name reminded me of these three badasses.

Highly doubt it happens but I'll join the thought experiment. Can only see a Zion to guard move being beneficial if both Sheen and Conerly meet/exceed expectations (assuming they sign). Team doesn't have enough tackle bodies as it is and Rok trying to get us to lose one more lol

(knew rok was trolling, it's the offseason)

Last edited:
Advertisement
Funny thing, I worked in Arlington national cemetery for three years as a firing party commander for full honors funerals. 21 gun salute and all. It was a great and honorable job, and I got to work parts of president Bush and Senator Mccains funerals. Anyhow, in one of the newer sections, there is a Vietnam air force vet buried there along with two other air force vets. I have no idea who they are or what they accomplished, but their 3 epitaphs read, from left to right, Air Commando, The Hammer, and Master Blaster. Your name reminded me of these three badasses.
That’s awesome

Advertisement
Highly doubt it happens but I'll join the thought experiment. Can only see a Zion to guard move being beneficial if both Sheen and Conerly meet/exceed expectations (assuming they sign). Team doesn't have enough tackle bodies as it is and Rok trying to get us to lose one more lol
I could see Zion Williamson at tackle with the way he's looking these days. Sorry............ that was uncalled for.

Advertisement
I’ll join in the dumbass thought… Zion isn’t built to play OG. Look at him. He struggles to get push against EDGE players and you want him lining up inside against even bigger players… like wtf. You say our interior is weak, well you don’t take a very good pass-blocking LT who struggles run blocking and put him inside. Also, lol at posting tweets by Marsh Thomas. Boy doesn’t know football for ****.

Last edited:
The team is overachieving despite not having a legit big man. That’s on L. You can’t cut off your left hand and then ask for props bc you’re doing better than people expected with one hand. His roster mismanagement is the reason nobody though they were gonna be good.
But they really f'n good so maybe stop the God **** whining for a second and enjoy it? Or be a miserable prick I don't really care. In any event I'm sure a football recruit is going to be really concerned about something something basketball roster management.

Advertisement
Back