Josh Pate On Players Being Lied To In NIL Deals

Advertisement
Advertisement
I remember this being mentioned during one of the CIS videos. Specifically texts between some high profile recruits and players that got burned.

But the argument is it’s them not the school. So no Holdout. Imagine a Miami kid holding out cause Ruiz didn’t follow through. Miami is powerless to that. What is Mario gonna get on the phone and be like hey John quit messing around

Advertisement
I hope ****mar doesn’t see a dime.
I hope Moe already spent money he hasn't actually received.

Scaring Times Up GIF by Biznek

Advertisement
Truth be told, this stuff is why Ruiz is rightfully being portrayed as a scumbag con-man by our rivals and CFB in general.

Putting the kids on the payroll of your company, paying them every 2 weeks like a normal employee, never missing a payment and being more transparent than everyone else in the country about what you're doing and what the kids are doing to deserve compensation?

That's some shady ****!!!!

This isn't how NIL shouid operate at all!!! A bunch of clowns making God knows what kind of promises under the guise of hairbrained collectives that they may or may not deliver on while having the kid do no tangible "work" for said promised compensation?

THAT'S how this should work! S-E-C! S-E-C!

Last edited:
I hope Moe already spent money he hasn't actually received.

Scaring Times Up GIF by Biznek
I know Shemar Stewart is young so i wont speak on his choices.

But “Coach” Moe. That bum! Pimpin a kid out to a trick (A&M ) who was selling you lies

The audacity to ask Mario for courtside heat tix. The audacity to eat separate from other recruits on his OV.

I hope he saved up his mcdonalds bag money… big *** leech. Butterball looking boy.

Advertisement

Honestly, this doesn’t surprise me. ****, even professionals get tricked by “language” found in contracts.

-Under Armour used “language” found on the back end of their contractual obligation to ***** over UCLA / Cal to get out of their financial commitment, leading to litigation

-Ray Allen was 3 secs away from signing w/ Fila b/c of the monetary commitment, until his agent looked at one of the last pages to see all of these bench marks needed to received said monies, which led him to Jordan Brand

-Insurance Policies always have tricky wording to give Claims dept an out to deny a claim

These kids r promised things, they are not going to thoroughly vet the page that’s put in 4-pt font w/ ancient Latin wording, that’s found on page 9 of an 11 page document that’s in 8-pt font! Pages 1 & 2 r highlighted & sold where the $$ figure is presented, while those other “fine print” pages that have conditions & technicalities are buried.

Advertisement
Back