Josh Pate On Miami's Meltdown vs Georgia Tech (Late Kick Cut)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Good stuff by Pate...reasonable for sure.

It's just frustrating after so many years of malaise, the team looks to be turning a corner and recruiting is warming up, then something that just can't happen does happen and trims the remaining margin of error to almost nothing with UNC, Clemson, FSU, and LVille coming up.

Advertisement
pates take is superior to Klatt. everyone in sports and in life to some extent has to have a short memory when mistakes are made. the players will not hold it against Mario unless things unravel badly from here. to those that think the team will go in the tank they are wrong. it is over, move on. painful loss but loses happen for tons of reasons in sports. program is trending in the right direction no matter what anyone says.

Advertisement
Are you doubting Butch wouldn’t be an improvement? He ain’t Saban but he ain’t Mario either
Saban isn't the best clock manager either. Just Saturday his QB threw an incomplete pass on 1st & 10 with 1:36 and Texas A&M having no timeouts.

Butch = Mario = Elite recruiter. I actually think Butch was a better X/Os guy but I wouldn't say Butch was a good clock/game manager. Heck, find a NERD that Mario can trust to tell him what to do and when with timeouts, kneeling, etc.

Advertisement
Good point by Klatt about the QB or TVD

As the leader of the offense and of the huddle as soon as he gets the call for a run play he has to go back and be like wtf are we doing, we should just be taking a knee

Makes me think Mario was trying to get one more score to win by 10 instead of 3 because he’s over analyzing the future which is how Miami might be looked at for playoff or bowl situations

Agree with everything he said he’s using his brain
People don't like him because he uses his brain. I saw at least 2 comments on this site that they don't care for him because he's "too safe." That's wild.

A dude who gives reasonable, level-headed arguments is dismissed because it's safe. Do you mean he lives in the real world?

Saban isn't the best clock manager either. Just Saturday his QB threw an incomplete pass on 1st & 10 with 1:36 and Texas A&M having no timeouts.

Butch = Mario = Elite recruiter. I actually think Butch was a better X/Os guy but I wouldn't say Butch was a good clock/game manager. Heck, find a NERD that Mario can trust to tell him what to do and when with timeouts, kneeling, etc.
you gotta be a dummy to not be able to subtract on the sidelines.

Advertisement
Back