Josh pate miami season prediction

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
He's really going out on a limb there...

I like Pate, but he is a master of covering his bases and making every fanbase like him.
He doesn’t outright bash, but he’s definitely real at times. Tons of Gator fans hate him because of his realistic takes on their program

Advertisement
Starts at 38.50 min mark

That’s been my mark all off-season. Got to get 8 wins. That’s the goal sadly enough. Going from 5-7 to 8-4 would be great for Mario and the program and set us up to continue to build this thing back up. He and the team have to find a way to win 8.

Missing out on a run stopping DT is going to come back to haunt us. Pate has also insinuated it the last two times he’s mentioned UM. Mario feeds him info so I’m sure he’s said that is what concerns him.
Interesting you think that we don't have a run stopping DT. So are you just guessing or did you do your homework? Guirdry had a top 10 D against the run last year and shut down Notre Dame last year who had a giant OL. He didn't have a giant space eating DT either. That's not the way his D works.

Advertisement
Interesting you think that we don't have a run stopping DT. So are you just guessing or did you do your homework? Guirdry had a top 10 D against the run last year and shut down Notre Dame last year who had a giant OL. He didn't have a giant space eating DT either. That's not the way his D works.
Then I hope I’m dead wrong. I think Taylor and Deen if we can get to third and long can be menaces but I am genuinely worried about the run defense. Francisco may end up an All ACC LB because I think he’s going to have a high volume of tackles because of this. And the homework is the same DT unit is still here and I still think Jackson was a major loss at DT.

Then I hope I’m dead wrong. I think Taylor and Deen if we can get to third and long can be menaces but I am genuinely worried about the run defense. Francisco may end up an All ACC LB because I think he’s going to have a high volume of tackles because of this. And the homework is the same DT unit is still here and I still think Jackson was a major loss at DT.
Yes but with a better system.

Scheme can make up for the fact that we don't have a true space eater at DT. You don't HAVE to have a 305+lb DT to stop the run effectively. Good run blitzes, disguising fronts, and smart players can do wonders to help our run D. I'm confident Guidry knows what it takes to put our guys in a position to succeed. Just watch the ND game last year if you are still having doubts. Despite a massive talent and size gap, shut that ND running game down all night.

A 7 and 8 win season difference is the NC State game essentially.
Everyone concedes we lose to TAMU UNC Clemson and FSU. To make it to 10 wins, we'd have to beat a combination of UNC, TAMU or FSU.
What's interesting to me is, since we play FSU late on the season, they might not be motivated at all since that team is doing the "Natty or Bust" route. So if they lose to LSU and one more game before us, we certainly have a great chance, especially since I still don't believe in that OL that much.

Advertisement
Back