Confirmed Josh Gattis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
You'd have to be an absolute moron to not build next seasons offense around the best QB in the conference. The Herbert data point isn't great for Mario, but if you believe what he's communicate to TVD and recruits, he seems to have evolved his thinking. You'd have to be a bigger idiot to lie to your all conference QB as an icebreaker. TVD will feast even more if we have a credible threat to run the ball inside, and convert short yardage situations. Lashlee was good here, IMO, but he lacked a lot of creativity in the running game, even with our limitations.

Advertisement
1B808BF3-8BF4-4075-923C-126F879C57AB.jpeg

So I just rewatched the georgia game....the "shining example of gattis' shortcomings" by the anti-gattis crowd. I tried my best to see flaws in the system, but I gotta be honest. I saw alot more failed execution than an absence of opportunity in that game.

The running lanes were there: fumbles
The passing lanes were there: Drops
They had receivers open: interceptions
The defense was straight swiss cheese

I really don't see that as a vindication of gattis as much as failures by the offense to execute ( and the defense being outclassed in every way). It's hard to judge I know, and it's normally coach speak, but in this case I think it's fairly accurate. Gattis gave the players on the field the opportunities to succeed.

Advertisement
So I just rewatched the georgia game....the "shining example of gattis' shortcomings" by the anti-gattis crowd. I tried my best to see flaws in the system, but I gotta be honest. I saw alot more failed execution than an absence of opportunity in that game.

The running lanes were there: fumbles
The passing lanes were there: Drops
They had receivers open: interceptions
The defense was straight swiss cheese

I really don't see that as a vindication of gattis as much as failures by the offense to execute ( and the defense being outclassed in every way). It's hard to judge I know, and it's normally coach speak, but in this case I think it's fairly accurate. Gattis gave the players on the field the opportunities to succeed.

UGA had 5 drives in the first half, including one after the opening kick, as they got the ball first. None of those drives started any deeper than their own 40, and they scored 3 TDs and kicked 2 FGs.

Michigan got thumped, the offense was owned, but it's not too easy to win a game when the opposing team goes 5-5 on drives in the first half. At the end of the first quarter, UGA had scored more points than Michigan had plays run.

Also, is this really what we're doing? I know you personally aren't, but in this thread....the guy won the Broyles Award, Michigan had their best season in 30 years, but they got beat in the playoffs vs a team who recruits at an entirely different level, so Gattis sucks? We're not that moronic around here, are we?

You'd have to be an absolute moron to not build next seasons offense around the best QB in the conference. The Herbert data point isn't great for Mario, but if you believe what he's communicate to TVD and recruits, he seems to have evolved his thinking. You'd have to be a bigger idiot to lie to your all conference QB as an icebreaker. TVD will feast even more if we have a credible threat to run the ball inside, and convert short yardage situations. Lashlee was good here, IMO, but he lacked a lot of creativity in the running game, even with our limitations.
With Herbert:

2018: 32.1 out of 72.5 were passes (44.3%)
2019: 31.8 out of 67.9 were passes (46.8%)

I’d expect a similar breakdown % as 2019 this season. Not far off from the 50/50 line Mario has repeated.

I’m convinced not many people actually watched the games down the stretch of the season

Our OL was good down the stretch when we got the right guys in there and that’s with our most talented lineman injured for most of the year

We need someone to step up at RT but I really wish people would go back and watch

Lashlees insistence on running those short yardage absurd plays got everyone’s mind twisted on how that group performed
Best pass blocking unit in the ACC.

considering what he had at QB, i'd say this is **** good

Their QB was the #1 player out of Nevada and basically ranted the same rank at TVD as a pocket passer. The back up was rated higher than Jake Gracia.

Im not the biggest fan of Franklin/Moorehead offense and that is who he spent the most time with and what his offense resembles at Michigan. I’m hoping he can adjust his offense to the talent we have at Miami.

Advertisement
Michigan friend sent me this

They are salty

View attachment 177254

That’s funny…
But you know what kills me about this whole Gattis/Mom thing? First, I don’t believe it, let me preface by saying that but second, even if it is true….

Why didn’t any of this come out back when it happened? Why is it just now a problem? Obviously Michigan was okay with it as well because this allegedly happened well over a year ago but isn’t “coming out” until now?

If it tastes like salt and smells like salt…

Advertisement
That’s funny…
But you know what kills me about this whole Gattis/Mom thing? First, I don’t believe it, let me preface by saying that but second, even if it is true….

Why didn’t any of this come out back when it happened? Why is it just now a problem? Obviously Michigan was okay with it as well because this allegedly happened well over a year ago but isn’t “coming out” until now?

If it tastes like salt and smells like salt…

Exactly it was supposedly a year ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back