Confirmed Josh Gattis

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s funny…
But you know what kills me about this whole Gattis/Mom thing? First, I don’t believe it, let me preface by saying that but second, even if it is true….

Why didn’t any of this come out back when it happened? Why is it just now a problem? Obviously Michigan was okay with it as well because this allegedly happened well over a year ago but isn’t “coming out” until now?

If it tastes like salt and smells like salt…
Agreed. Wouldn't be shocked if they got close or she was feeling him but doubt very highly that he smashed and it never got out. This day and age of social media no way they keep that under wraps.

Advertisement
Possibly. But we’ll never know. The last time I checked, thUGA won the title. Injuries are as a part of football, as the QB/RB hand off.🤷🏾‍♂️
TRUE, BUT DONT ACT LIKE BAMA DIDNT NO VASELINE THEM THE FIRST TIME. **** EVEN UGA’S DC TOLD HIS TEAM. THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING. WHEN BAMA’S RECEIVER INJURED HIS KNEE. DURING THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. SO IN ACTUALITY. IT WAS THE BIGGEST PART IN UGA WINNING.

TRUE, BUT DONT ACT LIKE BAMA DIDNT NO VASELINE THEM THE FIRST TIME. **** EVEN UGA’S DC TOLD HIS TEAM. THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING. WHEN BAMA’S RECEIVER INJURED HIS KNEE. DURING THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. SO IN ACTUALITY. IT WAS THE BIGGEST PART IN UGA WINNING.
Oh they did, without a doubt. I was laughing my *** off actually. Was hoping they would win the natty cause I’m surrounded by leg humping jawja fans.

Just listen to what he says in his presser when asked about the offense he will run. Based on his answer no one here has a clue. Clearly stated he wanted it to be to the strengths of the players and he would also be open to suggestions by other coaches on the staff.

Advertisement
Agree. I'm not a yuge fan of his scheme, but I'll add that he calls a good game. He's competent, even if his overall philosophy isn't one I share.
Lets see what Gattis having TVD does to his scheme. I want a close to 50-50 run pass offense. If you have a big gun shoot it!!

Advertisement
I just need us to come out and be aggressive against ATM and Clemson and not call plays like we believe we're the inferior team (even if we may be).

Building an elite OL takes time. I expect our 23 class will be our best OL class in the last 20 years but that means it will be 2025 before that group has real depth and alphas have learned from alphas. I much rather us play to our strengths and that means having our offense transition over time.
3o6Zt7g9nH1nFGeBcQ.gif

Advertisement
I don't dig the OC hire.

Every coach wants their OL to dominate and to run the ball but most don't have the players to do this. If we run Michigan's offense next year then we don't win more than 7 games. I hope we see a new offense for Josh but I have been around long enough to know that most coaches don't change their scheme and we just hired a coach that has coached at Alabama and Big Ten schools.
I suspect Richt and Dan Penos in the Enos had similar thoughts/experiences. 👇

"How bad can the OL really be?"

After first few practices👇

"They are bad, but we'll coach'em up"

Determined to make the system work that brought them success in the past👇

"Ok, I just know on the next play that relies on the OL, we are going to get success and this train starts rolling..."

👆Long wait on train don't come.....

If Gattis is planning on an effective run game in short yardage for 2022, he runs the risks of having Enos like results....

If Gattis is planning on an effective run game in short yardage for 2022, he runs the risks of having Enos like results....

Not sure about this.

Maybe I am looking at things way too simplistically but it seems to me that almost every time we just lined up in the I formation in short yardage we took care of business last year. Specifically within the 5 yard line.
And most of the time we tried to do stuff from shotgun we were stuffed or dragged for losses.

I suspect Richt and Dan Penos in the Enos had similar thoughts/experiences. 👇

"How bad can the OL really be?"

After first few practices👇

"They are bad, but we'll coach'em up"

Determined to make the system work that brought them success in the past👇

"Ok, I just know on the next play that relies on the OL, we are going to get success and this train starts rolling..."

👆Long wait on train don't come.....

Hopefully Gattis is at least smart enough to put a big back in for those situations. Never understood Knighton (who I love as a player) on third and short, same way I never understood fade routes to 5'10 Harley.

Enos issue was also the random 9 step drop, play action pass, with a TF LT that was a TE at prom 5 months prior. While the line is still a work in progress, it is better today than it was in the Enos season. In 2019 who were our OL guys? Scaife, Reed, Kennedy, Hillery, El Gammel, Dykstra, Donaldson, Campbell, Zion, Gaynor, Traore, and Clark? Like anyone that was a solid contributor (not included Donaldson) is still here and we upgrade Clark over Gaynor.

Advertisement
Hopefully Gattis is at least smart enough to put a big back in for those situations. Never understood Knighton (who I love as a player) on third and short, same way I never understood fade routes to 5'10 Harley.

Enos issue was also the random 9 step drop, play action pass, with a TF LT that was a TE at prom 5 months prior. While the line is still a work in progress, it is better today than it was in the Enos season. In 2019 who were our OL guys? Scaife, Reed, Kennedy, Hillery, El Gammel, Dykstra, Donaldson, Campbell, Zion, Gaynor, Traore, and Clark? Like anyone that was a solid contributor (not included Donaldson) is still here and we upgrade Clark over Gaynor.
In my opinion, TVD's style and abilities were the key factors for last season's OL.

By taking on QB1, he [TVD] helped to "improve" the passing metrics, but couldn't mask the run game futility when it counted most.

I believe Gattis should continue this until the OL is upgraded. Granted, it's likely Gattis isn't roaming the sidelines in orange and green in 24-25-ish, but he can lay the foundation.

In my opinion, TVD's style and abilities were the key factors for last season's OL.

By taking on QB1, he [TVD] helped to "improve" the passing metrics, but couldn't mask the run game futility when it counted most.
Agree. Play calling also helps a ton. We were pretty much unanimous saying when Lash got here the OL would look better by virtue of quicker play calling. If Gattis expects us to have Michigan's OL then yes he is going to be in for a rude awakening.

But we have stud backs who need to get touches every game. And I think point still stands this OL is better than Enos OL. The main contributors from 19 (Scaife, Zion and Clark) are still here and likely starting. Campbell figures to work in somewhere. Traore is still around. Typically you get more out of the older lineman, then toss in guys like Rivers, Justice, Sagapolu, Big Baby, there is undoubtedly more "talent" in the room and rumor is we are still hunting for a guy in the portal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back