Confirmed Josh Gattis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly. If we going stats only…….what has been the Miami Hurricanes identity the past 20 years?

Advertisement
Michigan was 112th in plays ran per game in 2020 and 65th in 2021 and 2019 so There is nothing in his background as oc that suggests his philosophy is to run an uptempo offense. His history Seems pretty relevant when discussing this. And that was the background of the whole debate, not what was best.

And, again, you bring more worthless stats. You don't factor in who the QB is, and whether the slowdown is attributed to that. You don't even bother to address what I mentioned, which is whether the offense can keep personnel on the field, thus limiting the defensive substitutions.

If your stats meant anything, it would be a pretty good indication that the intent of the coach is not the determinant. You can go from 65th to 112th and back to 65th again, having NOTHING to do with the coach and/or his philosophy.

And is "112th" bad? I already pointed out that BOTH Georgia and Cincinnati were ranked lower in 2021. So, who knows, maybe, JUST MAYBE, that whole "ranking by number of plays per game" is just a useless stat. Try predicting something with it. You can't. It means nothing. There is no causality or correlation that produces a "more-likely/less-likely" outcome.

At least if you score more points than everyone else, you tend to win more games. Good lord, the #2 team in the country for number-of-offensive-plays-per-game finished 6-7.

Here are the ELEVEN teams that ran more offensive plays per game than mighty Alabama last year. Not exactly a murderer's row of college bluebloods, is it?

1644261289068.png

So to recap:

Mario: we are going to adjust our offense to fit our personnel

Gattis: I’m going to adjust my offense to fit our personnel. I like to go fast and have more explosive plays than anyone

People that work with Gattis: he adjusts his offense to fit his personnel

Miami fans: **** this guy he runs pro style

So to recap:

Gattis: I’m going to adjust my offense to fit our personnel. I like to go fast and have more explosive plays than anyone

Sounds about right with most of Miami's fan base

Advertisement
Aside from Gattis' own family situation, do they think this will make him look BAD? He's coming to Miami not BYU. I'm ADDING points to this guy's score in my book based on this rumor alone!
Lol reminds me of a boston player, I cannot remember football or hockey, but he slept with some random girl after a big win, she took a pic of him asleep in her bed, like nothing provocative, he was just asleep. She allegedly threatened him with blackmail to release the photo or extort him for a fee, HE then released the photo like whats the big deal? Professional, rich, single athlete sleeps with random girl.

Didn't know he was in the running to be head coach at UVA.
We'll be lucky to have him for 2 years if he does well next year

Advertisement
So to recap:

Promising developments to be sure.

But I think awful humans Dan Penos and Manny made the same claims when they teamed up to form the worst duo since HitIer and Mussolini.

We all just have to wait and see.

Lol reminds me of a boston player, I cannot remember football or hockey, but he slept with some random girl after a big win, she took a pic of him asleep in her bed, like nothing provocative, he was just asleep. She allegedly threatened him with blackmail to release the photo or extort him for a fee, HE then released the photo like whats the big deal? Professional, rich, single athlete sleeps with random girl.

It was the immortal Jaromir Jagr!

Screenshot_20220207-142802_Chrome.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’ve said this 1 million times. I have no insight no sources no nothing. I know a little about football so I will talk some scheme and compare players etc. but never once in my time on any board have I played the role of insider.
Your tranny-radar is also excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back