Confirmed Josh Gattis

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do realize we were in shoot outs weekly because our defense was a wet paper napkin getting ran through….

Yes TVD performed remarkably well but having zero semblance of balance isn’t conducive to winning 10+ games…. Y’all are so **** bent on running some air raid Mike Leach offense yet you see time and time again those complete 90%+ plus air it out offenses struggle when they meet a competent defense
I don’t want an air raid system. But I also don’t want to waste half a season trying to run the ball if we can’t.

There’s a reason I said nobody can be right until we see what we can do.

Advertisement
I never said Gattis sucks.

He definitely wasn't the best assistant in CFB. Lanning ate his lunch and was the deserving winner.
Lanning winning that award this past year is similar to Shannon winning it after 2001….

Sound familiar? Unreal collection of talent that anyone with a pulse could have gotten to at least top 10 level that year…. Besides bashing Gattis with saying their QB coach was the brains this year is similar to all the chefs in the room for Jawja with Smart, Muschamp, and Shumann

Michigan has a 17 billion dollar endowment and is the #4 money making program.

So when they decline to pay someone do you think it’s because they are broke?

Pretty much sounds like Gattis was ****ed about what transpired when Harbaugh was taking interviews…

Take a look at when Harbaugh hired him from Bama the things that led up to it. Harbaugh said he heard Gattis was looking elsewhere and reached out. Mario may have gotten wind of his situation in Michigan and did the same

Lanning winning that award this past year is similar to Shannon winning it after 2001….

Sound familiar? Unreal collection of talent that anyone with a pulse could have gotten to at least top 10 level that year…. Besides bashing Gattis with saying their QB coach was the brains this year is similar to all the chefs in the room for Jawja with Smart, Muschamp, and Shumann
Offenses are much more advanced now compared to 2001

Advertisement
How McClendon going to negatively recruit against us when our offensive coordinator and the guy that replaced him as a position coach has coached Heisman winners, All-Americans, All-Conference, first round picks, NFL players, record breaking wide receivers throughout his career?
Bruh I’m just basing what he has been rumored as saying to recruits on the reality of what he did at Michigan and what Mario seemed to prefer at Oregon. I would be happy to see more of a running game implemented. I also want to keep that quick strike capability that we have with TVD and Garcia.

I don’t want an air raid system. But I also don’t want to waste half a season trying to run the ball if we can’t.

do you honestly believe that we have the worst OL and RB's in the ACC?

it WAS the worst performing unit in the ACC for fact, we probably have a top 3 unit itself in terms of talent, now that we actually have a competent run scheme and a competent OL coach in Mirabal/Mario tandem, you'll see a drastic increase in production of running the ball. Not just the same Shotgun inside zone over and over

Pretty much sounds like Gattis was ****ed about what transpired when Harbaugh was taking interviews…

Take a look at when Harbaugh hired him from Bama the things that led up to it. Harbaugh said he heard Gattis was looking elsewhere and reached out. Mario may have gotten wind of his situation in Michigan and did the same
Mostly the big part was Michigan expected him to wait and see what Harbaugh but more importantly didn't take him serious as a replacement as well as never offered him a raise with all the BS going on. I would have bounced too.

Advertisement
do you honestly believe that we have the worst OL and RB's in the ACC?

it WAS the worst performing unit in the ACC for fact, we probably have a top 3 unit itself in terms of talent, now that we actually have a competent run scheme and a competent OL coach in Mirabal/Mario tandem, you'll see a drastic increase in production of running the ball. Not just the same Shotgun inside zone over and over
I dont think it’ll be the worst but I also don’t expect it to be the best overnight. Mario and Mirabal are good but they aren’t miracle workers. Expecting them to turn it around immediately is asking way to much.

Either way I’d like to have a running game. Especially in short yardage situations. So I hope you’re right.

RUMOR: Well now Michigan fans are saying some of his recruiting tactics were "questionable". Interesting. Read the comments....

I doubt any coach is looking to jeopardize their career wasting half a season running something “they can’t do”….. we’ll other than Dorito but that’s a special case that is the exception and not the rule…

Anyways…. Lashlee has much as he was ballyhooed for giving TVD his coming out party to college football was getting destroyed on these very boards for having an awful offense with King….

Gattis strikes me as a very sharp individual who will be looking very closely as to what made TVD comfortable in the offense last year while installing his offense…. Let’s be real we win 10+ games and TVD gets 1st round pick talk he’s gonna leave to be a P5 HC. He’s going to do everything he can to make sure this works this year… this isn’t a stick it out for 2 or 3 years in his head right now

I dont think it’ll be the worst but I also don’t expect it to be the best overnight. Mario and Mirabal are good but they aren’t miracle workers. Expecting them to turn it around immediately is asking way to much.

Either way I’d like to have a running game. Especially in short yardage situations. So I hope you’re right.
I agree but if we can agree that we have top 3 talent in the ACC with Clemson and UNC, I think it's reasonable to expect a top 3 rushing attack (in efficiency at least, not necessarily yardage) for 2022.

Advertisement

Running brings toughness up front something we have been lacking for years

When y'all scout out the hills you are willing to die on, what goes into that decision? The nuance between Broyle's Award winners? The difference between the 1st and 5th overall offense? how many times TVD will drop back to pass? This is where you make your stand?

Advertisement
These metrics indicate Gattis (at least at Michigan) based his scheme on a reliable pass/run capable OL. Miami (today) has a barely serviceable pass block OL (really TVD makes it go more than they) and essentially a non-functional run block against conpetent DL/LBs.

Let's see what he does in 22....

Well, that’s pretty much y I said I’m not on the 15-0 or 10+ wins thought b/c we have holes. Lol

The hire, itself, is solid & is not indicative of what happens in yr 1,same w/ Mario & Steele. We r “building” this thing. I put our RB stable against UofM stable, & I’m choosing ours. I put our QB stable against UofM, & I’m choosing ours. My ? mark is the trench in ‘22. U’re point is a valid, but w/ how we’re recruiting, this will get fixed sooner than later.

God I hope so, Move Field to ST and we're cookin'

Moore was OL coach for michigan this year, the same OL that all the mopes on here are saying we can't contend with.

If we have Mirabal/Mario/Moore on staff with Gattis calling plays, I can't imagine anyone with a brain thinking we're going to have trouble on the OL for the forseeable future

I doubt any coach is looking to jeopardize their career wasting half a season running something “they can’t do”….. we’ll other than Dorito but that’s a special case that is the exception and not the rule…

Anyways…. Lashlee has much as he was ballyhooed for giving TVD his coming out party to college football was getting destroyed on these very boards for having an awful offense with King….

Gattis strikes me as a very sharp individual who will be looking very closely as to what made TVD comfortable in the offense last year while installing his offense…. Let’s be real we win 10+ games and TVD gets 1st round pick talk he’s gonna leave to be a P5 HC. He’s going to do everything he can to make sure this works this year… this isn’t a stick it out for 2 or 3 years in his head right now
That’s exactly my point. Dorito didn’t change. Enos didn’t change. Manny didn’t change. Lashlee didn’t change, he just got a new QB and still ran it just to run it without it being successful.

I’m past the blind faith part. I’m hoping he comes in and builds around what there is here, but I’m not just gonna assume. But I hope he’s using this to get a HC gig so he’ll do whatever makes him succeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back