Confirmed Josh Gattis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
My only worry about this hire is a one year rental type situation and he’s a HC next year. I hope he’s here minimum 2 years. I don’t expect him beyond that which by then we should be humming and with a new roster and the culture shift complete.

Fingers crossed to 2 years minimum!

Same goes for Steele.

Miami Hurricanes fandom…

where being good enough to be named an nfl coordinator for a playoff team or winning the Broyles award for best assistant in college football (with head coach rumors) still isn’t good enough to join the Miami staff cause….

Cheese Disbelief GIF by Rooster Teeth

Advertisement
Yes. This thread is a good example.

Obviously I was referring to your posts.

You initially decided without very little information that this hire was one you were going to shlt on, and now you’re looking for tidbits of information, out of the thousands of factoids available out there, to confirm what you want to convey.

It’s OK, you’re entitled to your predetermined position, but what may help is a little self reflection on your susceptibility to your own emotional entanglement, and your trying making sure this is perceived as a bad move.

Me, personally, I don’t even have enough information to determine if this is a good fit for us or not.

But I do know, objectively, that he is well regarded by some people who are way more knowledgeable than you or I. People outside the University Of Miami program, people that are knowledgeable of his history and performance.

Advertisement
Got this from my Michigan buddy, he says we made a great hire. He liked him alot and said he was handcuffed sometimes by Harbaugh wanting to ground and pound.
If momma throwing the cheeks, can’t get mad if Gattis hit it out the park.

Our fan base is full of so many clowns who don't deserve good things.

It's February 6th, 2002. Two months ago Manny Diaz was head coach and defensive coordinator—and it was obvious that Rhett Lashlee was bailing for a head coaching gig, meaning the guy with the 39th-ranked recruiting class also would be in the hunt for another offensive coordinator. (Weeks prior to that, Blake James was still the athletic director, as well.)

In a matter of weeks—all after the regular season wrapped—Miami fired Diaz, hired native son Mario Cristobal, lured Dan Radakovich away from Clemson (making him the top paid AD in the sport) and a few billionaire boosters made UM a big money program and there is now a massive budget for assistants and facilities while throwing big money towards athletics is a priority.

Cristobal also made the 39th-ranked class the 14th ranked—all killer, no filler—and pulled in a quality DC in Kevin Steele, while absolutely stealing Josh Gattis from Michigan .... so maybe everyone can lose this two-decade long, sky is falling loser's mentality and learn to let sh*t actually play out, before starting crybaby thread after crybaby thread about this, that or the other.

Program is good hands—finally—and we're seeing it play out daily.

No go rob the Transfer Portal and get ready for a rocking September.

Random search of top OCs gave me this list Degree or disagree with who they pick, 70% coach QBs or have background with the position Again I’m not arguing it’s impossible to be elite at the job without coaching QBs, but most who are elite know how to develop the position or are tied to the hip of QB gurus (see the Briles tree and Kevin Wilson​

10. Jeff Lebby (Ole Miss)​

Didn’t play QB but came up under Briles and coached QBs since 2018.

9. Tom Manning (Iowa State)​

OL by training

8. Jeff Brohm (Purdue)​

7 year NFL QB, 10 years QB coach, nearly a decade HC

7. Jeff Grimes (Baylor)​

OL back ground -

6. Warren Ruggiero (Wake Forest)​

QB coach since 2001.

5. Phil Longo (North Carolina)​

Played QB at low level, QB coach pats ten years.

4. Dan Mullen (Florida)​

Made Dak Prescott look good.

3. Kevin Wilson (Ohio State)​

3 years QB coaching experience. Works for Ryan Day.

2. Tony Elliott (Clemson)​

TE/ RB

1. Lincoln Riley (Oklahoma)​

I think you know already.
JUST BECAUSE YOU PUT IT IN BOLD DOES NOT MAKE YOU RIGHT

Advertisement
Obviously I was referring to your posts.

You initially decided without very little information that this hire was one you were going to shlt on, and now you’re looking for tidbits of information, out of the thousands of factoids available out there, to confirm what you want to convey.

It’s OK, you’re entitled to your predetermined position, but what may help is a little self reflection on your susceptibility to your own emotional entanglement, and your trying making sure this is perceived as a bad move.

Me, personally, I don’t even have enough information to determine if this is a good fit for us or not.

But I do know, objectively, that he is well regarded by some people who are way more knowledgeable than you or I. People outside the University Of Miami program, people that are knowledgeable of his history and performance.
I think the move is fine. Mainly because I think TVD will ball out and he’s gone in a year.

I watch maybe 4/5 Michigan games a year. His body of work is pederstrian.
JUST BECAUSE YOU PUT IT IN BOLD DOES NOT MAKE YOU RIGHT
it’s the cut an paste from the original list format. Thanks for the informed response.

Not sure if player that transferred to Texas or recruit that chose Texas. Sounds like there trying to react to Gattis tweet about not being wanted. It's smells of jealousy and I like it.
One of my buddies was filling me in on the story… I’m a little confused by it all though, why would banging a kids mom be a good recruiting tactic? Guess it wasn’t since he went to Texas but it sounds more like a sour grapes story

So the talk on michigan twitter / boards is that the qb coach will become the OC... Harbaugh hired Moore a year before gattis got there so they aren't fully linked but if Harbaugh passes up Moore (the current CO-OC/OL) for the qb coach, I bet we get Moore too.. and if that happens, well then:

al roker pooped my pants GIF

Advertisement
Not trying to be a downer but isn't he kind of bro style? I wasn't really impressed with the plan of attack against Georgia (they weren't going to win either way, not saying that) but that's all I've really seen of him honestly.
Bruh? You don't like the hire? I like your posts, so I'm surprised by your take.

Ion know

I just gotta wait and see about Mr Steele and Gattis.

Mario didn’t f*ck it up. He did good with these.

I am just not sure he did great. Remains to bo seen for me. I am not gonna sit up and front like “oh yea these are homeruns.” Ion know
if you dont know, just be quiet

My only worry about this hire is a one year rental type situation and he’s a HC next year. I hope he’s here minimum 2 years. I don’t expect him beyond that which by then we should be humming and with a new roster and the culture shift complete.

Fingers crossed to 2 years minimum!

Same goes for Steele.
I'd be much less worried about Steele but our fanbase is gonna have to accept the notion of "I'm here for a good time not a long time" in relation to us being successful again and having desirable guys on staff that will be offered jobs elsewhere.

And that's a GOOD thing. We want to be good enough again where our guys are getting promotions. The expectation should just be that we stop most lateral moves (sometimes you can't avoid them in certain instances involving alma maters, etc) and that money isn't an issue in replacing the guys that leave.

We're in a verrrrry good spot IF Mario is successful in that we'll have massive stability at the very top in HC and AD (assuming Mario's REAL dream job isn't to be HC of the Dolphins or Steelers) since in our past runs we haven't had extremely long tenured HCs and were still able to roll. If we actually are "all-in" on football (and the HC/AD/OC/DC hires sure as **** look like it) then we can absolutely deal with assistant coach turnover due to success on the field.

This was on Michigan's 247 board from their insider, SIAP

This was ONE of the potential moves I was referring to last week when I said don't take for granted that every assistant would be back. Would be a surprise if Matt Weiss isn't the replacement.

I'll get deeper into it in a reaction blog, but the long and short of it was an extension was offered here, but he felt Miami wanted him a lot more, so he took it. This was undoubtedly affected by Jim's pro dalliance. Most significant in that is the Jim/Weiss connection that would've carried on to the pros, and has him as the favorite now to assume Gattis' role.

More later
I mean Harbaugh publicly embarrassed that program

Can’t even imagine what was going on behind closed doors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back