Confirmed Josh Gattis

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was definitely a rift. There’s a quote circulating from Gattis where he states that he did not feel appreciated at Michigan.
He was originally brought in to modernize Harbaugh’s offense but was immediately handcuffed. He’s very creative in the run game but I expect a more wide-open style here.

Advertisement
I don't think a Broyles winner has ever left for a lateral position. What Mario did hiring Gattis is unprecedented. We must have paid him in gold bars.

If the Michigan admins made him feel unwanted they messed up. They aren't at the Bama level where they can just replace and reload with assistants.

Harbaugh flirting with the NFL and then staying might have permanently ****ed them up.

Last edited:
Neither Ga or baga are primary spread set teams. You can easily incorporate elements of spread set to a pro offense, motion, 12 set, 2,3,4 WR sets. In fact it makes you less predictable and you can more easily add new plays depending on the opponent.
Not sure if you’ve watched Alabama recently. They are 100% a spread team. They use 11 personnel and the shotgun almost exclusively.

Ion know

I just gotta wait and see about Mr Steele and Gattis.

Mario didn’t f*ck it up. He did good with these.

I am just not sure he did great. Remains to bo seen for me. I am not gonna sit up and front like “oh yea these are homeruns.” Ion know
Nah you aren’t allowed to wait and see or use their previous work, as a look into what they’ll do in the future. Quit being a mope. You gotta get on your knees, say 3 Mario’s and thank him for making this hire.

Advertisement
What board are you reading? I'm on 247board and just went through 12 pages. It's a lot of "well that's what Harbaugh gets for flirting with the NFL" and generally positive stuff about Gattis.

Some sentiment that Matt Weiss will be a good replacement and this not being the end of the world. But outside of a few random guys, I don't see much "hate" there. Sounds like you're just having a rough Sunday and over-exaggerating for no reason. Take the day off brother. Bounce back next week.
Perfect example of confirmation bias. Only picking up the posts that confirm his current bias and using that as proof that he’s correct.

Gattis' first tweet as a Cane should be:

"UM > U-M/U of M"

or to just post this pic and be like "I'm not THIS dude for those of you that didn't know I'm a brother!"

Screenshot_20220206-123531_Chrome.jpg

Humor aside, I love the balance of this staff at least based on stability (beyond Mario) and optics. You get a young guy big name guy in Gattis that very well could be gone in a year or two if we do well for a deserved promotion- and we should accept that as a reality for ANY hot coordinators. But you couple him with another name dude in greybeard (but not dinosaur) Steele that is much less likely to leave and you have a balanced big time staff where you probably won't ever have to replace both coordinators in a single off-season unless you're cleaning house yourself.

Advertisement
What am I wrong about? He ran a run heavy/run first to set up the pass system at Michigan. We do not have an OL for a run heavy offense.

Perhaps he emphasized that because of the players Michigan has....Perhaps he will emphasize something else given the players we have. Just a guess.

not to mention sagapolu who will probably start right away. Conerly seems like we have to be leading for after this since he was a michigan lean before we got into the mix.

I think we'll be just fine on the OL and a lot of our problems were the terrible run scheme lashlee used
We made some changes that really made us a different team. TVD being one of them but Clark really helped the group when he got in

We just need someone to lock down the RT spot. That spot killed us last year

Advertisement
Nah you aren’t allowed to wait and see or use their previous work, as a look into what they’ll do in the future. Quit being a mope. You gotta get on your knees, say 3 Mario’s and thank him for making this hire.

Right. Lol All i said was ion know. Thats all. There are a lot more astute posters who know more than i do so in those instances i simply say ion know. I am just going to have to see. I am excited as ****. Cant wait. But I would be lying if i said “i have no doubts these two guys will kill it here.”

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back