Confirmed Josh Gattis

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was transparently a backhanded way to preempt any legitimate scrutiny of his philosophy on offense. It’s fine to like the hire and work out how good a fit it will be with the personnel we have.
No, not at all. It wasn't backhanded one bit. You're assuming a lot and making an *** out of yourself. If you look at my post history, you'll know that I welcome debate and criticism.

I was simply preemptively responding to criticisms that his offense is to0 run-heavy and not QB-friendly by pointing out that he had a ****** QB. You can disagree with my substantive point if you want, but your assessment of my motivation is simply not accurate.

Advertisement
Advertisement
“Going forward, I will BROYLES all my steaks until they are WELL DONE!” - Brock from CIS circa 2022
1644162967753.gif

Advertisement
I think Gattis is leaving for several reasons:

1. More money
2. Better QB in TVD
3. Access to better skilled athletes
4. Complete offensive autonomy. With Harbaugh, Gattis was still working within the parameters of Harbaugh's offense
Harbaugh is a selfish a-hole with no regard for asst coaches or recruiting. Gaurantee if Flores doesn’t drop that bomb, Harbaugh was coming to the Phins, just sayin’

Man, I posted about this in another thread. I didn't think we'd have the juice if Harbaugh stayed, but I guess his flirtations left a bad taste in Gattis' mouth (plus a prior relationship w Mario and $$$ doesn't hurt).

Let's be clear: We just got arguably the best WR coach in cfb (Top 2) minimum.

This is as monumental of a hire as there has been at this program in decades.

Not only is Gattis an amazing coach and recruiter, but he is BLACK, and I know some of you roll your eyes and are like "why does that even matter", trust me, it does. To have a black coordinator will get the guys like Luke to stfu for one thing (for now a least), but it also will pay dividends in these recruits home.

Astonishing pull.

Advertisement
I saw but don’t believe that at all. Either way we fcking. Maybe Gattis was rubbed the wrong way and thought he was going to get the Michigan Hc job this year.
He did think that and yes rubbed wrong way 🤷🏼‍♂️

Man, I posted about this in another thread. I didn't think we'd have the juice if Harbaugh stayed, but I guess his flirtations left a bad taste in Gattis' mouth (plus a prior relationship w Mario doesn't hurt).

Let's be clear: We just got the arguably, the best WR coach in cfb (Top 2) minimum.

This is as monumental of a hire as there has been at this program in decades.

Not only is Gattis an amazing coach and recruiter, but he is BLACK, and I know some of you roll your eyes and are like "why does that even matter", trust me, it does. To have a black coordinator will get the guys like Luke to stfu for one thing (for now a least), but it also will pay dividends in these recruits home.

Astonishing pull.
Guess the guy on 247 was wrong about Mario not getting along with black guys lmao.

Advertisement
I was listening to the Michigan podcast a couple weeks ago and they were saying how there are philosophical differences between Harbaugh and Gattis. Harbaugh wanting ground & pound and Gattis wanting more uptempo. Never did I think it would amount to him leaving and especially not coming here. Good hire by Mario

UGA defense is going to make any offense look bad. Look at national champ game. Look at what Michigan did in every other game.
And Michigan hasn't had a QB in over a decade. That McNamara kid was garbage and forced the offense to be more run dependent which plays into the hands of the team like Georgia. Not to mention I bet Harbaugh wants that old school ball control offense. Probably why Gattis is looking to get out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back