Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Correct, can't be fired for "cause" for just being bad at your job.
It's a fine line.

I'd say being bad at your job AND not trying to improve when confronted would qualify as "for cause".

Maybe following up with certain number of recruits on a weekly basis is a written job expectation that he agreed to and didn't do.

If UM has documented proof of multiple conversations intended to correct such behavior, and no changes were made by him, that could be enough to be fired with cause/for performance and not be liable for damages/wrongful termination.

Advertisement

Its Happening GIF by MOODMAN

Advertisement
Usually it has to be more serious than being bad at the job. It’s often a morality clause issue like Sark, or Matt Weiss at Michigan.
If I were Miami and “heard” about a coach possibly sleeping a recruits mother at a previous gig, and I was about to pay him $1.8m, I would very well make sure that part of the morality clause was extra broad.

Advertisement
It's a fine line.

I'd say being bad at your job AND not trying to improve when confronted would qualify as "for cause".

Maybe following up with certain number of recruits on a weekly basis is a written job expectation that he agreed to and didn't do.

If UM has documented proof of multiple conversations intended to correct such behavior, and no changes were made by him, that could be enough to be fired with cause/for performance and not be liable for damages/wrongful termination.
That’s not true. For cause is really difficult

Advertisement
That’s not true. For cause is really difficult
it depends on the facts. many times employees help you fire them for cause by doing stupid sh!!!t happens every day

maybe just maybe gattis f@@cked someone on staff and that was enough to fire him.

or he refused to recruit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back