Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no insight on the situation. But to me this delay doesn’t feel as much as about a buyout as it does about who will pay what.

It’s a cat and mouse game. Gattis is owed money right? Right. Let’s say his contract is 100% guaranteed, this means if Miami fires him he would collect full payment… but if he were to get hired, Miami would pay the difference.

Realistically this has to be the ONLY issue. I don’t think it’s a matter of not having it, but more not wanting to pay an employee who was ****** at his job if they don’t have to.
Maybe you haven't kept up.... the latest issue seems to be that we refuse to pay what Michigan owed him as per his sign on deal with us... this is in addition to what we owe him from our contract with him

Advertisement
Advertisement
If he didn’t care to get a new OC in place during the first transfer portal window, why should he care during a big recruiting weekend?

We just have to come to grips with Mario’s completely oblivious method of hiring staff
or maybe it's waiting for Gattis to get a new job first as both a professional courtesy and more importantly potentially saving hundreds of thousands of dollars depending how his contract was written.

Although I'm sure all the mopes saying just pay him $1M+ now so it's on their preferred timeline will be donating the money needed to cover the financials.

or maybe it's waiting for Gattis to get a new job first as both a professional courtesy and more importantly potentially saving hundreds of thousands of dollars depending how his contract was written.

Although I'm sure all the mopes saying just pay him $1M+ now so it's on their preferred timeline will be donating the money needed to cover the financials.

Are you dumb????

I’m being logical, and purely pointing out that Mario cannot be **** bent on recruiting on the offensive side of the ball during transfer portal window and a big recruiting weekend like this…..

Annnnnndddd

Handle replacing Gattis in the fashion he is

Mario made a calculated decision to forgo offensive recruiting in the short term in favor of his prolonged ptocess

I’m not whining, I’m telling everyone else to come to grips with it

And you can suq my left nut

Playing devils advocate, I think the first month or so is strictly s&c then they probably actually hit the field early march.
i'm moreso pointing to the fact that we're depriving our players the opportunity to get in their own study time off the field. The more mental reps and familiarity you can get when learning a new system the better

Advertisement
So Gattis hasn’t been actively recruiting anyone and apparently hasn’t even been on campus in weeks. At this point we all know he’s gone but I’d really like to know what the holdup is. It’s not about my personal timeline but more about how this is holding up not only recruiting but the hiring process for a new OC. Why wait until half the field has new jobs to start interviewing people?

It could drag out a little longer. It’s complicated lol. I know thats not good enough for the loons here but he’ll be gone eventually. Regardless if it’s firing or him leaving. Once again he‘s going to be gone.

As always, thanks to @Cribby da gawd!

Have you been given any indication at all that we’re at least back channel communicating with replacement candidates?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Kendall Briles
Garrett Riley
Phil longo
Will Stein
Robert Anae
Chip Lindsey
Marcus Satterfield
Willy Korn
Sean Lewis

All gone. Who will be left for mario to hire? Could’ve been in play for some really good candidates if the job was officially open
I personally believe Mario KNOWS who is is hiring for the job and has known for some time and will announce it within a short period after the Gattis nightmare is finally resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back