Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Seems like a narrative that the mopes created when we hired gattis to downplay the hire

(Before he failed here and proved the bad hire it was seen as a good one by most the college football world)
For the average fan like me, absolutely. He had just won the Broyles Award. For people like LCE and others with real background and knowledge, they knew better than the regular fan. It’s not remotely hard for me to admit because I know what I don’t know and don’t pretend otherwise.

Fair point. I believe Butch had more years of experience "as a coordinator", but I otherwise agree with what you are saying.
Butch forgot more about FB than Mario will ever know. Butch's staff wipes it's *** with this entire staff. There's not ONE Asst. Coach on this team, that would've coached on any Butch squad. Especially the Handlebar Mustache Idiot, that's glued to Mario's *** every game. If people on here knew what former UM Coaches think about our current Coaches and coordinators, they'd be shocked.

Advertisement
I mean come on he’s 50 and been in football for 40 years. Not sure how you have to learn the clock still. I like Mario, knew him personally back in the day, but that’s a stretch. If a fool like me knows it, the $8 million dollar man should know it

I hear ya. That's why I was pointing out that Mario has not really been a "playcaller OC", if anything, he has been a Co-OC in charge of the line and the TEs and whatnot.

Like it or not, he's not good at clock management. And like it or not, lots of other head coaches are not either.

And I have publicly volunteered for the job of being Mario's clock/timeouts guy. Just give me a UM polo and hat and a really good parking space near @SpikeUM ....

Butch forgot more about FB than Mario will ever know. Butch's staff wipes it's *** with this entire staff. There's not ONE Asst. Coach on this team, that would've coached on any Butch squad. Especially the Handlebar Mustache Idiot, that's glued to Mario's *** every game. If people on here knew what former UM Coaches think about our current Coaches and coordinators, they'd be shocked.

Did you get a text from me? Just wanted to make sure I had your new number correct.

Probably the same as 90% of this board feels about the current coaches and coordinators, so can’t imagine it’d be that shocking!

Advertisement
This is not based on info, but maybe it happens after the big recruiting weekend. I expect him gone.
Just doesn’t make any sense to have him around (or not have an OC/offensive staff in place) for a big recruiting weekend.

He’s still not coming back but man…how long is it going to take?

It just fuels the fire and invites more skepticism than clarity. Ultimately, it’s his timeline and he doesn’t care what we think.

Just praying he makes the right hire after all this.

Seems like a narrative that the mopes created when we hired gattis to downplay the hire

(Before he failed here and proved the bad hire it was seen as a good one by most the college football world)
holy ****. do some research. just a bit. Michigan was awful on O w gattis as the sole oC. Harbaugh restructured his staff adding WEiss and Moore (Co-OC) and basically putting training wheels on gattis. Weiss gets promoted to Co-OC when Gattis goes to miami. Weiss was fired bc hes getting arrested not bc of anything on the field.

Advertisement
I just texted my guy again in regards to the influx of $$$ we have, and why the buyout couldn't be resolved, and he responded with, "We're paying part of the Michigan salary as well"
BCC8BBA7-99F8-409F-A4D5-B6D5C66B6B97.gif

Just doesn’t make any sense to have him around (or not have an OC/offensive staff in place) for a big recruiting weekend.

He’s still not coming back but man…how long is it going to take?

I think it would have happened at the same time as the Ponce news, until we hit a little hiccup on the money. Not insurmountable, just a delay.

And before people come up with some "but Dan should have been more prepared", you don't always know what the other side will agree to until you present the numbers. But I think it will get worked out, it's just too damaging TO BOTH SIDES not to hammer out an agreement.

Advertisement
For the average fan like me, absolutely. He had just won the Broyles Award. For people like LCE and others with real background and knowledge, they knew better than the regular fan. It’s not remotely hard for me to admit because I know what I don’t know and don’t pretend otherwise.
Weiss has been really good at michigan. he would not have been fired IF HE WASNT GETTING INVESTIGATED FOR COMPUTER ACCESS CRIMES.

Weiss has been really good at michigan. he would not have been fired IF HE WASNT GETTING INVESTIGATED FOR COMPUTER ACCESS CRIMES.
oh there’s other stuff not related to football going on. Ok didn’t know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back