Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not defending Mario, but perhaps he had too much on his plate.

He's got to move and uproot his family cross-country. When he arrives here, we're dead in the middle of recruiting and he's got to analyze and assess recruits committed to Manny and perhaps pursue targets that he may not have been familiar with from his time in Oregon. And then he needs to fill his coaching staff, and he is doing all of this without the needed assistance and infrastructure to help him accomplish it (like Alonzo). And then we know on top of all this, that Mario is also involved in facility upgrades and ensuring that the program has the needed financial commitment to look like what he wants it to look like.

It is entirely possible that the big headline/label of Broyles award winner may have buried concerns; or maybe he skipped out on due diligence because "Broyles award, bro."

EDIT: And btw, we know Mario's mom was ill and passed away in March. Anyone with elderly parents knows that too becomes a burden and a responsibility. IDK. Just guessing.
It’s fair.

I don’t like making excuses either but it’s also ok to point out what was going on and understand that it’s not just some ineptitude.

I’ve said it many times but the one thing we know is that for the first time in my memory our coach is going to be given everything he needs to execute his plan

No clue if that plan will work but there won’t be any excuses to be made after a few years

Advertisement
After he signed Michigan fans were pretty okay with him moving on. It seems that he had taken credit for the offense when in fact it was Harbaugh's. Some
were upset he was taking the credit for the Broyles like if he was an innovative cutting edge OC. Mario's research has to be better and I for one would pick a proven guy rather than someone who has not proved himself yet.
For as long as the hiring process took to find the right guy, Gattis was a complete miss for Mario and here we are again waiting for the right hire.

Really? After ONE YEAR at Alabama? That explains why he keeps failing up, he claims credit for something someone else did.

Billy Gaypier pulled the same ****, that's why Mario hates him.
BINGO this right here. Dude took credit for something that wasn't his. He was a PART of it but not concieved by him.

Who saw some inexplicable things? You did? What are these inexplicable things?

I got one!

Existence. Gattis very existence at UM - that was inexplicable!

Still being the OC after our first three or four games - THAT was inexplicable.

I know Mario wants to do this right. But at some point, Mario cannot rely entirely on formula. He needs to rely on intuition a bit.

If it looks like ****, is shaped like ****, smells like ****, and feels like **** - you really don't need to taste it to realize - it's ****.

I'd never suggest Mario needs some good advice - but he really does. Formula. Long interviews. Titles. Former workplaces. Have them give you a play for a certain situation. Offensive concepts. That's all too easily manipulated.

A "T-U-E-R-D" in a fine, silk sock - is still a T-U-E-R-D.

Performance ON the field, where everything changes from moment to moment - and requires your OC to have a FEEL for the game, the pace, the weaknesses - and make great decisions in a snap of a moment - THAT's who you hire, even if he's not a Broyles Award Winner -

And rumor was - Gattis? Suggested that his feet stunk.

Advertisement
I am not defending Mario, but perhaps he had too much on his plate.

He's got to move and uproot his family cross-country. When he arrives here, we're dead in the middle of recruiting and he's got to analyze and assess recruits committed to Manny and perhaps pursue targets that he may not have been familiar with from his time in Oregon. And then he needs to fill his coaching staff, and he is doing all of this without the needed assistance and infrastructure to help him accomplish it (like Alonzo). And then we know on top of all this, that Mario is also involved in facility upgrades and ensuring that the program has the needed financial commitment to look like what he wants it to look like.

It is entirely possible that the big headline/label of Broyles award winner may have buried concerns; or maybe he skipped out on due diligence because "Broyles award, bro."

EDIT: And btw, we know Mario's mom was ill and passed away in March. Anyone with elderly parents knows that too becomes a burden and a responsibility. IDK. Just guessing.
These facts about the process when Mario came on board get lost in all the incompetence narratives being thrown around. I’ve mentioned these circumstances several times and was basically ignored. Mentioning the facts is not making excuses.

Imo calling somebody a dried up ***** is more personal. Sopping ****** is good in my book.
It’s more eloquent and uses lest in the vernacular words showing more intelligence

So thinking out loud & couldn’t come up w/ a name, so asking the board:

Can u recall the last time a former defensive player, became a successful offensive coach?
College player ? Or are we taking higher?

Advertisement
Advertisement
@Cribby ... you quit this borderline lurking right now and drop the Chronicles Pt. 2! You know every time we see your name and avatar pop up in a thread, we collectively think "THIS IS IT!!!! THE MAN IS HERE!!!! NEWS HAS ARRIVED!!!"

:6fps6:
:ROFLMAO:

Advertisement
@Cribby dont know ****! @Gosh Jattis knows the scoop.
B40FA2ED-88C9-4942-90B7-F03FDDE5A2CE.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back