Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Mario believes in his offensive philosophy and believes last season’s team lacked the talent and suffered from far too many injuries to succeed. He’s not wrong. His mistakes are not adjusting while transitioning to the type of team he wants, and not recognizing Gattis’ flaws as a play caller.

I don‘t believe he cares that firing Gattis would be tantamount to admitting a mistake.
After watching Mario’s post ESD presser, I believe you are correct about him believing in his system. He stated that the Cohen transition is made easier because the system here is the same one he had at Bama…that statement leads me to believe he will have to get an OC who runs the same system.

Advertisement
I think Mario believes in his offensive philosophy and believes last season’s team lacked the talent and suffered from far too many injuries to succeed. He’s not wrong. His mistakes are not adjusting while transitioning to the type of team he wants, and not recognizing Gattis’ flaws as a play caller.

I don‘t believe he cares that firing Gattis would be tantamount to admitting a mistake.

This isn’t directed at you but on the same topic

For anyone that talks about “Mario’s offensive philosophy” I’d like you to list every OC that he has hired as a HC, and then classify or generalize each OC’s system.

This board keeps perpetuating this notion that Mario only wants to run a run heavy Tenn Titans offense with DHenry.

Prior to Gattis, most OCs under Mario have been more diverse

I would switch from Verizon to ATT if I could smash her
935859CC-802E-4500-997E-E74D7A90D43D.jpeg

She tries to keep those puppies hidden as ATT girl but I know their real power

Advertisement
Advertisement
That makes sense in hiring a replacement for Gattis, but it does not explain Mario continuing to retain him as of right now.
It does make sense. Whether you and I agree with the process or not, if he has hired a coach still coaching and cannot announce it, he is going to give Gattis that extra time to find a landing spot.

Mario has a certain way of handling his coaches for the most part. He isn’t going to publicly put a bullet in their head if he doesn’t have too yet.

Again, just because it’s not public doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened. No other firings have been announced either. Ponce, Addae, no one. By that logic of …it hasn’t happened by now so it isn’t happening, do we all believe the entire coaching staff is being brought back?

Advertisement
It tells me Mario lacks the confidence to admit the OC hire was a mistake. Mario probably thinks he can just recruit his way through an awful OC. Or he refuses to recognize how bad the OC actually was.
Gattis wasn’t the 1st choice as it was told on CIS by a few insiders which speaks more about Mario’s offensive philosophy

As a HC all of Mario’s offensive have average at best

Last edited:
Advertisement
Gattis wasn’t the 1st choice as it was told on CIS by a few insiders which speaks more about Mario’s offensive philosophy

As a HC all of Mario’s offensive have average at best
The 2018-2019 offenses under Marcos Arroyo were both top 20 scoring offenses. Having Justin Herbert really helped too. Joe Moorehead brought a more run heavy style in 2021-2021 and they dipped from around 35 points per game to around 31. Still solid but not spectacular. There was also a significant drop in QB play.

There isn't one....I personally think he's staying. I pray that I'm wrong. But don't believe it. As far as the "But TVD is coming back" excuse, for why people think he's gone...that doesn't mean sh*t. I'm sure he was sold on the offensive philosophy will change. As much as I like Mario...I think he's making a huge gamble by retaining Gattis
I hope that is not the case. Gattis has absolutely no “feel” for the games. Changing philosophies will no help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back