Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad Cry GIF by MOODMAN

Advertisement
Sorry to beat a dead horse, but this **** should've been so ******* easy... we knew a month ago (if not earlier) that we needed a new OC. Start sending out feelers to see who may be interested, have some staffers start putting together profiles for a dozen or so OC's/HC's we feel we have a shot at.

Maybe come up with a "scouting report" to send to Mario on these candidates.. were their players prepared, were they able to make sound adjustments, did they go 25 straight drives at home without a touchdown?

The day after our last game, fire the worst OC in program history and spend a day or two watching film and going over these profiles. Select 3-4 to bring in for an interview and get to ******* work.

Miss me with the "Mario wants to focus in recruiting" excuse. That **** is lame. Almost every single one of us juggles multiple tasks at work every day, and I know **** well most of us ain't making 8 mil a year.

You hire a good OC a couple weeks before ESD and let that man get to work. You don't let a (supposed) dead man walking go out and recruit when he is anathema to some of our top targets.

So, we are just going to ignore the TVD news from yesterday, huh?

I’m repeating a post I wrote on another thread, but when a pilot cannot see clearly, the pilot relies on his instruments. TVD returning is a leading indicator that Gattis is gone. I said a few days ago on this thread that we should all watch what TVD does. It will be telling.

Keep following the instruments and it will lead us out of harms way. Tidbits and information like TVD returning will tell us where we are headed, even when things are cloudy and dark.

He gone…question is when.
How many times have we been told to “Read the tea leaves” and yet when an event like TVD returning happens, the total implication of such an event is overlooked.

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but this **** should've been so ******* easy... we knew a month ago (if not earlier) that we needed a new OC. Start sending out feelers to see who may be interested, have some staffers start putting together profiles for a dozen or so OC's/HC's we feel we have a shot at.

Maybe come up with a "scouting report" to send to Mario on these candidates.. were their players prepared, were they able to make sound adjustments, did they go 25 straight drives at home without a touchdown?

The day after our last game, fire the worst OC in program history and spend a day or two watching film and going over these profiles. Select 3-4 to bring in for an interview and get to ******* work.

Miss me with the "Mario wants to focus in recruiting" excuse. That **** is lame. Almost every single one of us juggles multiple tasks at work every day, and I know **** well most of us ain't making 8 mil a year.

You hire a good OC a couple weeks before ESD and let that man get to work. You don't let a (supposed) dead man walking go out and recruit when he is anathema to some of our top targets.
I'm not trying to be a jerk, this is a legit question. How many other coaches, other than coaches at new schools, have hired their new coaches at this point? Isn't the coaching carousel going to heat up after ESD next week and the bowl games occur? Also, how do any of us know that Mario hasn't already put out feelers or had conversations? It's not like he shares that with any of us.

Advertisement
I'm not trying to be a jerk, this is a legit question. How many other coaches, other than coaches at new schools, have hired their new coaches at this point? Isn't the coaching carousel going to heat up after ESD next week and the bowl games occur? Also, how do any of us know that Mario hasn't already put out feelers or had conversations? It's not like he shares that with any of us.
Fair points. None of us know whether these conversations have taken place. I guess my main problem is the fact that Gattis is still employed. At the least, you can go to recruits and point to him being let go as a step in the right direction. What are they supposed to tell offensive recruits? Like, "Hey I know our offense was horrible, but trust me, he won't be here after you sign"? Seems disingenuous to me.

Likely the case. It's just frustrating from the outside looking in because it appears that Mario is overthinking this. You know that [awful] saying, "chess not checkers?" This is not chess. This is checkers. The guy stunk. It was plain to see. Just get rid of him. No need for some elaborate plan.

So, we are just going to ignore the TVD news from yesterday, huh?

I’m repeating a post I wrote on another thread, but when a pilot cannot see clearly, the pilot relies on his instruments. TVD returning is a leading indicator that Gattis is gone. I said a few days ago on this thread that we should all watch what TVD does. It will be telling.

Keep following the instruments and it will lead us out of harms way. Tidbits and information like TVD returning will tell us where we are headed, even when things are cloudy and dark.

He gone…question is when.

As a pilot… I’m not sure about this analogy. It’s like trying to use your altimeter to tell if you’re in IMC.

I don’t think we know TVD well enough to know if he could be paid to stay with Gattis as OC (along with promises of how the “new and improved Gattis offense” will be run).

I have no information and am not making a prediction… though it seems more likely (and I sure hope) Gattis will be gone. But I don’t think TVD staying with a phat NIL deal is necessarily the track line for Gattis being gone.

Advertisement
I know I won’t be sitting in Hardrock watching us get blown out every week again. Much better ways for me to spend my time and money.
Just play the slots once you know it's of hand will probably work better. LOL

Advertisement
Lmao @ y'all bringing up TVD returning as if that really means anything. When did he become such a hot commodity? Maybe he's coming back because he don't like his options available? 🤔🤔🤔

Lmao @ y'all bringing up TVD returning as if that really means anything. When did he become such a hot commodity? Maybe he's coming back because he don't like his options available? 🤔🤔🤔
Don't overthink this. He was a projected 1st round pick before the season. Then Gattis happened. And now he's not. I can't imagine that he'd return if Gattis was returning.

Advertisement
Don't overthink this. He was a projected 1st round pick before the season. Then Gattis happened. And now he's not. I can't imagine that he'd return if Gattis was returning.
I somewhat agree.... More than not, He just played horrible football, Gattis happening or not. I mean, I can't blame Gattis for how TVD started that mtsu game 🤷🏾‍♂️

Couldn't agree more. There's no way TVD puts his draft stock on the line for Josh Gattis.
Not to mention he could have followed the rest of his guys to SMU with Lashlee. He seems to be welcoming former Canes with open arms.

As a pilot… I’m not sure about this analogy. It’s like trying to use your altimeter to tell if you’re in IMC.

I don’t think we know TVD well enough to know if he could be paid to stay with Gattis as OC (along with promises of how the “new and improved Gattis offense” will be run).

I have no information and am not making a prediction… though it seems more likely (and I sure hope) Gattis will be gone. But I don’t think TVD staying with a phat NIL deal is necessarily the track line for Gattis being gone.
We need to put you in touch with Samson Okunlola.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back