Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hold up could be negotiating how much he gets to walk away. I’m sure there is language in a contract for breach. Mario could ask him to completely rethink the offense. If he refused he would be in violation of his contract.

I'm sure they're aware of what the contract entails as well as us firing him for early termination.

I'm not being a jerk here, but if you think that Mario simply says change it up Gattis, to which Gattis refuses somehow equals a breach, you're nuts. You could breach anyone's contract that way. Gave me a laugh with that one.

Advertisement
Worst offensive coordinator Ive ever seen in my life. There is simply nothing positive to say about his work this season. He never demonstrated any level of competency this season. Moreover, he showed a complete lack of understanding of how to structure a drive, how to call consecutive plays that build off the previous one, etc...

What I find the most disturbing about his performance this season is how he totally misused the Quarterbacks, specifically Jake Garcia. What Gattis did to Jake Garcia this season was criminal IMO. What we saw tonight was yet another example. Garcia was QB3 all week, which meant that he likely did not get any reps with the first team offense this week. Gattis went to Brown when TVD went down then put Garcia in with the ball on the one yard line. Unreal. Then Garcia comes out looking good in the 3rd quarter, completes three straight passes, gets two first downs and Gattis proceeds to pull him and put Brown in so he could hand it off. That's incompetence.

The ONLY reason Garcia looked so good in the 4th quarter is because Brown was injured. If Brown was available, Gattis would have pulled Garcia at least two more times and inserted Brown for whatever foolish reasons that swirl around in Gattis's low IQ head. Without the fear of being pulled for completing too many consecutive passes, Garcia was free to flourish, which he did. And yes, I never denied being the Conductor of the Jake Garcia hype train this season.

Not only did he hurt Garcia's development, he likely hurt Brown's as well. We know **** well that he hurt TVD's marketability. Josh Gattis destroyed an elite QB room within four months of being hired. That's incompetence.

Every hour that Gattis remains employed by UM is an hour that Mario is failing at his job. The clock is ticking.
Mario is a failure for hiring a guy and not seeing this in the first month. I would've fired him immediately. The things Gattis did this season he should be arrested for. I never seen someone perform this poorly at their job and keep said job.

What I don’t understand is why it took Mario so long to hire a coordinator and this is the guy he picked.

I was like, “maybe he’s being super diligent and doing a ton of research” but he would have seen this coming if he was doing his research. You’ve got a blank check and you take six months to hire a guy who not only has three years experience but two of them were flops.

I owned a repair shop. If I was hiring a technician, i certainly wouldn’t hire the guy who was terrible for two years and only started producing when his previous boss assigned someone to hold his hand all day at work.

Maybe it’s because Gattis worked at Alabama with Mario and they were friends. Like he’s friends with Ponce (terrible quarterback play) and Mirabal (terrible offensive line play). Are we seeing the pattern?

Mario is a failure for hiring a guy and not seeing this in the first month. I would've fired him immediately. The things Gattis did this season he should be arrested for. I never seen someone perform this poorly at their job and keep said job.
Definitely.....Gattis was a trash hire. He should have focus on someone who runs more of a spread offense. That run heavy offense he brought from Michigan was garbage out of the gate.

Mario has always failed at hiring OC's. We also have to talk about Kevin steele's defense also. We can't let him off the hook either. Boosters gave you an open check book and you took your time in hiring trash.

Advertisement
Definitely.....Gattis was a trash hire. He should have focus on someone who runs more of a spread offense. That run heavy offense he brought from Michigan was garbage out of the gate.

Mario has always failed at hiring OC's. We also have to talk about Kevin steele's defense also. We can't let him off the hook either. Boosters gave you an open check book and you took your time in hiring trash.
The 2 previous to Gattis are head coaches now due to what they did with him.

Gattis still on the CANES AND he is still, I'M a done. I WILL they lose every next yr. I'm glad we ain't bowling. Some were saying garcia was a better QB. We are the laughing stock in college football. They have no HEART, No COURAGE. Thèy are no good. Let's see how good he's a great recruiter. SI SHOULD WRITE: MIAMI SHOULD DROP FOOTBALL. THEY SUCK
Good find another team .don’t need ur crybaby attitude here. Go jump on fsu bandwagon crybaby

Advertisement
Garcia is a great HS QB who played on three different teams across the country and was successful in each. Comes to UM, and is constantly inserted into atrocious situations with baffling play calling, and still performs semi-decently.

With a good OC, we can achieve much better next year.
If TVD comes back.

Lol. All that would have happened would be you screaming for Ponce’s head.

Good luck hiring anyone worth a **** if you’re firing coordinators during the season.
We’ll never know because it never happened. But ponce should’ve been promoted to OC and gattis downgraded back to just WR after the Virginia game.
That would’ve given you 4 game sample, against 2 maybe 3 good defenses. Can’t call for his head if he doesnt call great games. But you gotta imagine he at least does a better job the gattis

Lol. All that would have happened would be you screaming for Ponce’s head.

Good luck hiring anyone worth a **** if you’re firing coordinators during the season.

I know this is written around HCs but still applies to coordinators.

"What just be done eventually must be done immediately"

Advertisement
Advertisement
Believe one of the issues is that Gattis didn't really USE Ponce to any degree. They reportedly had "different" ideas on what the QB's should be doing and as OC Gattis is the boss on offense. Believe the entire offense would have been more productive with Ponce running it. This was the Gattis offense ... period.
Exactly why the OC should be directly involved with the QBs. Not coaching the WRs.

Josh Gattis signed a 2yr contract. Telling him to Fuq off won’t be costly, especially if he coaches elsewhere, which will offset the amount owed
That’s fair, all I’m saying is that Gattis is not going to willingly leave. We’re going to have to fire him in order for him to actually leave. It may be phrased as a mutual parting of ways to save face but Gattis is going to make us pay every penny we owe him per his buyout.

He’s not just going to leave on his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back