Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's for the better. This program had become a joke. It was CALLED OUT ON NATIONAL TELEVISION for how poorly it was run from the top down.

Mario came in and got to work. He's whiffed on some things no doubt but thats because there were so many problems. The culture and lack of talent at the top of that list.

Give the man three years before you begin to judge him and the program. IF he can recruit at this level again next year we'll be in a good place. Thats a big IF to me if the O under performs again. So he needs to get this hire right. At the point when Gattis is fired doesn't matter. It's who he hires that does.
For the record, I agree.

Advertisement
Guy took over a floundering Oregon program and they won a Rose Bowl in Year 3, but yeah, I say we try to push the guy out now because he didn't hire an offensive coordinator when you wanted him to. Smart.

Floundering is a littttttle bit of an exaggeration. When he was named interim HC in 2017 they weren't even 2 seasons removed from a 9 win season. 13-2 in 2015- which was their 6th consecutive 10 win season.

Last edited:
Guy took over a floundering Oregon program and they won a Rose Bowl in Year 3, but yeah, I say we try to push the guy out now because he didn't hire an offensive coordinator when you wanted him to. Smart.
No one’s even remotely close to pushing him out.

It’s more along the lines of “I’ve seen this story once or twice”. A hire like Arroyo (after last season!!) would be the first writing on the wall.

Year 3 is always the time to review the whole body of work.

True, but how long are we talking before we can even realistically move on from Mario? His buyout has to be absolutely gargantuan and he has plenty of years left before that's even feasible. I don't disagree that the recent investment into the program will ultimately make this a more attractive destination for the best coaches available, but after enduring decades of mediocrity, some of us are starting to lose faith in "the process." It's legit starting to feel like this program is cursed lol.
Yes, cursed by bad decision making and repeating past failures…

I refuse to believe that. I know many of y’all think that, I disagree. Miami didn’t make Radakovich the highest paid AD in America to watch the football team struggle. Regardless of what is said and reported right now… that will change if worst case scenario (.500 ball first three years) becomes reality.
Bro he’s on 8m a year for 10 years. He’s getting at least 6-7 no matter what.

Advertisement
I wish it was that easy. We are stuck with Mario for at. least. another 4-5 years if not the full 7. Also, we finally got the admin to go all in and it took a ton of work to get them to do that, a colossal failure here means they could easily pull back to old habits. The fate of this program is in Mario's hands, we need to pray he pulls through. He doesnt have to win a chip here but he needs to win the conference at least once or twice.
Can’t pull back to hold habits when the 150 million facility is already built and looking over the entire campus.

Can’t pull back to hold habits when the 150 million facility is already built and looking over the entire campus.
It would not be a sharp pullback right away. They would just get complacent over time. You saw it happen already. We went from greatest roster ever assembled to mediocrity within less than a decade to just outright being bad in 2.

Here is how I could see it happening… Mario is here for the full remaining 7 and underperforms. They move on then and decide to make an inner program hire on the cheap, sound familiar? That hire would come under the pre text of some thing else but we would know what is happening at that point.

That said, I’m still very hopeful Mario is the guy for the job but it’s been a rough rough start on the field.

Advertisement
No one’s even remotely close to pushing him out.

It’s more along the lines of “I’ve seen this story once or twice”. A hire like Arroyo (after last season!!) would be the first writing on the wall.

Year 3 is always the time to review the whole body of work.

No one? You just read a different board than I do.

Advertisement
Screenshot_20230126_163138_Chrome.jpg
this is from the QB who just visited from Arizona

New article on canesport with the Qb that visited today Luke Moga. Moga says cristobal told him a new OC should be in place within the next week or so

I hope that is true

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back