Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Channel 9 Reaction GIF by The Block

No info just helping D$ with click count

Advertisement
Not much changed on the OL from year before.... splain that
I will splain it to you as best I can. We were not good the year before on the line. Stop acting like we demolished defensive lines the year before. We were terrible in short yardage situations and in the bottom half of the conference when it came to rushing. We were better with pass blocking, but Zion Nelson and the other tackle (name slips my mind) were better players than what we had this season.

Advertisement
So we just suck at hiring coaches?
OC, yes, we've had a combo of bad hires and bad luck. But the coaches failed here because THEY failed, even if they were highly regarded before they came here. They also all failed after us as well. Though Fisch and Lashlee did well here and have done well after us. The idea that some Miami voodoo turned good OCs bad, and therefore no good OC would want to come here is silly.

Word I'm hearing this a.m in regards to the Gattis issue is the buyout....

The buyout has been brought up a few times. I think someone even mentioned or suggested that there wasn't a buyout due to the initial contract length being two years...something like that, I don't know. But based on this, that clearly isn't the case. If money isn't an issue anymore, what IS the issue with the buyout?

Word I'm hearing this a.m in regards to the Gattis issue is the buyout....

I was wondering about this when rumors of him taking the WR coach job at Ped State started. If Gattis is guaranteed $1.8 million in 2023 and takes the PSU job for $800K, does UM still owe him $1 million?

Just wondering if the issue is something like this.

Advertisement
The buyout has been brought up a few times. I think someone even mentioned or suggested that there wasn't a buyout due to the initial contract length being two years...something like that, I don't know. But based on this, that clearly isn't the case. If money isn't an issue anymore, what IS the issue with the buyout?
I wish I knew. I texted someone this a.m in ref to Gattis, and was told their was a buyout issue.

Advertisement
I was wondering about this when rumors of him taking the WR coach job at Ped State started. If Gattis is guaranteed $1.8 million in 2023 and takes the PSU job for $800K, does UM still owe him $1 million?

Just wondering if the issue is something like this.
Might be...not sure. But there is a buyout issue according to someone I spoke to.

Last edited:
Advertisement
OC, yes, we've had a combo of bad hires and bad luck. But the coaches failed here because THEY failed, even if they were highly regarded before they came here. They also all failed after us as well. Though Fisch and Lashlee did well here and have done well after us. The idea that some Miami voodoo turned good OCs bad, and therefore no good OC would want to come here is silly.
My post wasn't about that. I wasn't saying we turn good OCs bad. It's more about the level of difficulty the OC job has been especially when we're set on running a Pro style offense here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back