Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Mario could hire Andy Reid as OC tomorrow and I’d still say it to his face that he should have fired Gattis immediately after the season ended, to avoid recruiting misses and the negative perception of disorganization from the High School community

“Man with zero knowledge of organization wants opinions on said organization to be taken as facts” is about as 2023 as it gets.

Do you think Mario will put even more emphasis on recruiting for the next OC? I’m honestly surprised with Gattis WR recruiting because just looking at non-Bama kids, he’s recruited some good kids, especially the Penn St run.

Gattis going from Penn St to Bama heavily inflated his ego. He mistook his abilities as a coach and recruiter for the built in success that is part of the Bama football machine.

He’s a millennial that over advanced in his career and is believing his own hype.

I’m sooo ready for this POS to be removed from Miami

Advertisement
Mario could hire Andy Reid as OC tomorrow and I’d still say it to his face that he should have fired Gattis immediately after the season ended, to avoid recruiting misses and the negative perception of disorganization from the High School community

Maybe Mario was afraid that he'd have a magic marker mustache painted on his face on recruiting trips. Have you ever considered that? :hunt-dog-lol:

“Man with zero knowledge of organization wants opinions on said organization to be taken as facts” is about as 2023 as it gets.
Okay, go ahead and try and provide tangible reasoning for the Gattis handling

Bottom line, he’s a grossly underperforming employee that has become disgruntled and insubordinate and has negatively impacted the recruiting and responsibilities of what the OC should be doing

As well as creating negative perception regarding Mario and how he operates with his staff

Advertisement
We may not know the behind the scenes of why it's taken so long, but you can't deny the negative effects keeping him has had on recruiting. All the good WRs from the portal are essentially gone. Maybe there's a second wave that a new OC can salvage, but Mario has put that position extremely behind the rest of the team.

There has been more coordinator and position coach movement in the last 24-36 hours than there has been at any point since the regular season ended.
surprised family matters GIF

Advertisement
Yikes, i didn't even think about that

We may not know the behind the scenes of why it's taken so long, but you can't deny the negative effects keeping him has had on recruiting. All the good WRs from the portal are essentially gone. Maybe there's a second wave that a new OC can salvage, but Mario has put that position extremely behind the rest of the team.
Mario has handled this whole process about as poorly as possible. Huge red flag moving forward imo.

Advertisement
Mario has handled this whole process about as poorly as possible. Huge red flag moving forward imo.

I really don’t know how anyone could dispute that at this point. Unless there is some massive drop in buyout in the next week or so (seems unlikely), he should have been fired immediately after the last game.

Even if the hypothetical scenario with the buyout is true, IMO saving that bit of money doesn’t justify missing out on essentially all top portal WRs. This has absolutely been a red flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back