Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because you have to read 300 pages of bs to get a legitimate answer. How about you make some threads with less bs and real up dates .
It’s just not going to happen that way here. There’s nothing until something is announced as definitive or not announced and the guy stays. Believe me if something changes, you’ll see it here. No one has anything.

Advertisement
Yea? Why?
Because Santa Marta is a beach town and they say cheaper than Cartagena. The beach at the National park is supposed to be nice and Caribbean-like unlike the water in Cartagena (I know there are islands way outside of the city). Santa Marta also has an old town area as well.

I stepped outside of the airport door there to say I was there. Lol. I’ve read about it otherwise. El Poblado is supposed to be a nice place to do things iirc.

Bogota for steet art is on the agenda. Not sure about Cali.
Great restaurants and nightlife in Medellin as well as street art in Comuna 13. Bogota id recommend the Gold Museum but in general it’s not as fun as Medellin imo. Calis cool also and has great nightlife but can get really hot during the day plus lacks good public transportation. Things are so cheap there though that it won’t really matter. I go to visit family in Armenia almost yearly but that’s in the mountains and is not really touristy but still beautiful and where a lot of coffee is grown

Because Santa Marta is a beach town and they say cheaper than Cartagena. The beach at the National park is supposed to be nice and Caribbean-like unlike the water in Cartagena (I know there are islands way outside of the city). Santa Marta also has an old town area as well.
Oh ok. Yea, the water in Cartagena wasn’t clear and we didn’t take a trip to the island. I’m going as a bachelor so whatever is most fun, I’m into.

Great restaurants and nightlife in Medellin as well as street art in Comuna 13. Bogota id recommend the Gold Museum but in general it’s not as fun as Medellin imo. Calis cool also and has great nightlife but can get really hot during the day plus lacks good public transportation. Things are so cheap there though that it won’t really matter. I go to visit family in Armenia almost yearly but that’s in the mountains and is not really touristy but still beautiful and where a lot of coffee is grown
How’s the crime in Cali - worse in news articles than reality?

Advertisement
Oh ok. Yea, the water in Cartagena wasn’t clear and we didn’t take a trip to the island. I’m going as a bachelor so whatever is most fun, I’m into.
Cartagena. Just go to the bar at the Hilton in the newer area. Lol

Just got back from La Calera last Thursday. Wife’s family is there. Played La Cima Golf Course. Sopo has the Alpina Factory which is pretty cool.

How’s the crime in Cali - worse in news articles than reality?
Id say it’s worse in news articles than reality across the whole country but always have your wits about you. Staying in touristy areas you’ll be fine unless you’re rocking something obviously expensive but it’s really only petty crime to be worried about. Some cities along the border of Ecuador and Venezuela are still dangerous and even Colombians won’t go unless they have a reason to due to Narcos and Paramilitaries

Advertisement
Near the walled city? I heard Barranquilla is more fun at night…
did both in Feb for a wedding. Both are fun. diff vibes as Carta is More touristy. walled city is where you wanna stay bc cabs kinda take forever to get from the beach to the walls where everything is

Must be somebody in the NFL, only reason the new hire hasn’t been made public. Just a professional curiosity to let Gattis leave on his own….. 🥶

Near the walled city? I heard Barranquilla is more fun at night…
The Hilton is on the other side of town. If you go to Torre Reloj - the clock tower at the start of the walled city at like 10 pm or so, they’re all over.

Advertisement
did both in Feb for a wedding. Both are fun. diff vibes as Carta is More touristy. walled city is where you wanna stay bc cabs kinda take forever to get from the beach to the walls where everything is
I have stayed in the walled city and outside it though I would stay in getsemani the next time.

Id say it’s worse in news articles than reality across the whole country but always have your wits about you. Staying in touristy areas you’ll be fine unless you’re rocking something obviously expensive but it’s really only petty crime to be worried about. Some cities along the border of Ecuador and Venezuela are still dangerous and even Colombians won’t go unless they have a reason to due to Narcos and Paramilitaries
I wouldn’t go near the Venezuelan border and from what I understand, Ecuador has now seen a big increase in crime relating to narcos.

I concur, Cartagena is the shiznit. Trying to get to Barranquilla next.
I drove through there, didn't seem cool. However, i literally just drove through so who knows. Medellin was my favorite, but probably tons of foreigners there now which diminishes the appeal a little imo.

Advertisement
Decision to fire/retain Gattis has been made. Are you saying him leaving depends on whether he can find another job or not?

I believe so. Are you saying he is fired? If so, what happens when he can’t find a job does Mario finally announce publicly he is firing him?

Why no announcement if he is fired?

I wouldn’t go near the Venezuelan border and from what I understand, Ecuador has now seen a big increase in crime relating to narcos.
Peru as well. Luckily most the BS going down is in the rainforest so normal people don’t really get caught up in it. I remember going as a kid and passing military checkpoints all the time. Colombias made a lot of progress

Medellin has to be on the list then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back