Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I agree with everything

But until a new OC is in place I’m checking out

This team doesn’t deserve my attention until then
Gattis still on the CANES AND he is still, I'M a done. I WILL they lose every next yr. I'm glad we ain't bowling. Some were saying garcia was a better QB. We are the laughing stock in college football. They have no HEART, No COURAGE. Thèy are no good. Let's see how good he's a great recruiter. SI SHOULD WRITE: MIAMI SHOULD DROP FOOTBALL. THEY SUCK

Last edited:
Garcia is a great HS QB who played on three different teams across the country and was successful in each. Comes to UM, and is constantly inserted into atrocious situations with baffling play calling, and still performs semi-decently.

With a good OC, we can achieve much better next year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
A0A7D406-F03A-4E59-A13B-9D9D8B51EC2B.jpeg
insane stat… anybody defending this is absolutely out of their mind

Advertisement
Worst offensive coordinator Ive ever seen in my life. There is simply nothing positive to say about his work this season. He never demonstrated any level of competency this season. Moreover, he showed a complete lack of understanding of how to structure a drive, how to call consecutive plays that build off the previous one, etc...

What I find the most disturbing about his performance this season is how he totally misused the Quarterbacks, specifically Jake Garcia. What Gattis did to Jake Garcia this season was criminal IMO. What we saw tonight was yet another example. Garcia was QB3 all week, which meant that he likely did not get any reps with the first team offense this week. Gattis went to Brown when TVD went down then put Garcia in with the ball on the one yard line. Unreal. Then Garcia comes out looking good in the 3rd quarter, completes three straight passes, gets two first downs and Gattis proceeds to pull him and put Brown in so he could hand it off. That's incompetence.

The ONLY reason Garcia looked so good in the 4th quarter is because Brown was injured. If Brown was available, Gattis would have pulled Garcia at least two more times and inserted Brown for whatever foolish reasons that swirl around in Gattis's low IQ head. Without the fear of being pulled for completing too many consecutive passes, Garcia was free to flourish, which he did. And yes, I never denied being the Conductor of the Jake Garcia hype train this season.

Not only did he hurt Garcia's development, he likely hurt Brown's as well. We know **** well that he hurt TVD's marketability. Josh Gattis destroyed an elite QB room within four months of being hired. That's incompetence.

Every hour that Gattis remains employed by UM is an hour that Mario is failing at his job. The clock is ticking.

I expect the Bruce Feldman “Miami and Josh Gattis are parting ways” tweet sometime late morning early afternoon.

I mean no point delaying the inevitable.

Advertisement
Garcia is a great HS QB who played on three different teams across the country and was successful in each. Comes to UM, and is constantly inserted into atrocious situations with baffling play calling, and still performs semi-decently.

With a good OC, we can achieve much better next year.
Don’t think it’s fair to judge any of the QB’s in this abomination of an offense

Worst offensive coordinator Ive ever seen in my life. There is simply nothing positive to say about his work this season. He never demonstrated any level of competency this season. Moreover, he showed a complete lack of understanding of how to structure a drive, how to call consecutive plays that build off the previous one, etc...

What I find the most disturbing about his performance this season is how he totally misused the Quarterbacks, specifically Jake Garcia. What Gattis did to Jake Garcia this season was criminal IMO. What we saw tonight was yet another example. Garcia was QB3 all week, which meant that he likely did not get any reps with the first team offense this week. Gattis went to Brown when TVD went down then put Garcia in with the ball on the one yard line. Unreal. Then Garcia comes out looking good in the 3rd quarter, completes three straight passes, gets two first downs and Gattis proceeds to pull him and put Brown in so he could hand it off. That's incompetence.

The ONLY reason Garcia looked so good in the 4th quarter is because Brown was injured. If Brown was available, Gattis would have pulled Garcia at least two more times and inserted Brown for whatever foolish reasons that swirl around in Gattis's low IQ head. Without the fear of being pulled for completing too many consecutive passes, Garcia was free to flourish, which he did. And yes, I never denied being the Conductor of the Jake Garcia hype train this season.

Not only did he hurt Garcia's development, he likely hurt Brown's as well. We know **** well that he hurt TVD's marketability. Josh Gattis destroyed an elite QB room within four months of being hired. That's incompetence.

Every hour that Gattis remains employed by UM is an hour that Mario is failing at his job. The clock is ticking.
"Gattis went to Brown when TVD went down then put Garcia in with the ball on the one yard line."

He did the exact thing against FSU. Only... he did it with Jacurri... TWICE. He brought in the true freshman, 3rd string QB, to start 2 drives from his own 2 yard line, down 14 the first time and 21 the second, against our biggest rival.

It gets worse.

The first play to start BOTH drives were runs up the middle, with the walk on billionth string RB.

It gets worse.

At that point in the game, Jacurri hadn't attempted a pass. So when Gattis wanted to call a pass play, he pulled Jacurri to bring in "passing QBs" TVD and Garcia.

It gets worse.

FSU figured out what Gattis was doing (so did the announcers who both called him out). After the walk on rush attempt, and the TVD pass attempt, Gattis brought Jacurri back in for.. you guessed it. A QB run. Since Jacurri STILL hadn't attempted a pass, FSU stacked the box when they saw him, stuffed the QB and the drive stalled.

It gets worse.

Down 21, to start the SECOND drive, Gattis ran the same play to start the drive. Run up the middle with the walk on billionth string RB. FSU was sitting on the run again because Jacurri still hadn't attempted a pass. He left Jacurri in for the QB run on second down, then pulled him on 3rd down for passing QB Garcia. FSU dropped into coverage when the passing QB came in and picked Garcia off.

It gets worse.

As you pointed out, the mf'er didn't learn his lesson, and put the 3rd string QB in to start a drive from his own 1 yard line tonight.

**** like that.. basically telling your opponent when you're attempting a pass vs a run is ******* lunacy. N/m the limited playbook and the arrogance. Putting your 3rd string QB in to start drives from their own 1 and 2 yard line is.. its crazy. Like check his bank account for betting against his team and throwing games level crazy. Its some **** someone would do in a video game just to make the other team lose.

The TLDR version is I have never seen a coordinator do what Gattis did this year. Not at any level. He is the worst coordinator I have ever seen. And even now, after everything that's gone wrong, if he's as arrogant as some have said, he's still blaming everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back