Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who doesn't give a crap about him landing somewhere else?

8706BE69-7AB8-4F34-B73B-81D4712A682E.gif

F*ck no! YOU aint the only one! lol

Last edited:
Advertisement
Am I the only one who doesn't give a crap about him landing somewhere else? I want him landing on his *** when it's thrown out of Hecht. Are we seriously waiting for someone to offer him a lateral move? That isn't going to happen. Who is going to offer him a job? Dude wouldn't sniff a job that's anywhere close to what he has right now. Mario got duped, and I seriously doubt there's anyone out there that's going to be stupid enough to "poach" him from the staff. If Mario is waiting for that to happen, Gattis will be here until his contract is up. His performance was so bad this year I don't see him getting a positional coaching job. Big ego, zero production.

I say eat the cost and dump him before early signing day. Oh, and make a decent hire without taking 6 months. This garbage can't continue.
I'm tired of this "we will look bad if we fire him narrative". You go multiple games without scoring a touchdown in this era of college football you should be told to get out of dodge

Advertisement
I'm tired of this "we will look bad if we fire him narrative". You go multiple games without scoring a touchdown in this era of college football you should be told to get out of dodge
In my opinion it looks a thousand times worse not firing an inept coach. I mean is it even close? If you want to preach accountability, you have to practice it as well.

I’ve heard this but not from people I get info from. Lots of wild theories flying around these days. What I know is “ dramatic changes to the offense and scheme“. “Changes will be made on both sides of the ball, coaches will leave”. Coaches that are currently still out recruiting.

I’ve also been flat out told from multiple people “ there’s no chance Gattis returns”. They’ve never changed that take. Same person said he’s interviewed for other jobs.
Man I have a hard time seeing Gattis come back if he’s not the OC. Based on what others have said about his ego, he’d probably take the Nova Southeastern OC job before accepting a demotion here.

I suspect that the motivation to handle Gattis this way is contractual and financial, ie termination vs leaving for another opportunity.

It may cost Miami more to terminate him, and Gattis may not want the stain of a termination on his resume. Therefore, there may be some mutual benefit to handling the situation as is. I also suspect there is a drop dead date where if Gattis hasn't found another opportunity, he will be terminated, Miami will eat the cost, and Gattis will have the termination on his resume. I would take all the emotion out of it and look at it from a more likely angle.
Do you know if A-E were reaches or does nobody want to work with Mario? I mean Miami is paying a **** ton and we have TVD

I think the Mario narrative of being a meddler and micromanager are overblown. Is he demanding…. Yes

I think Mario shot himself in the foot by filling out the staff before the OC was in place, thus reducing good candidates

Hence why all indications are Mario will be more collaborative on deciding other offensive coaches to appease the OC

Advertisement
We'll look even worse if he "jumps" to a lateral position elsewhere.

"Nobody wants to be in Miami" becomes the narrative.

Firing him says he was the problem, not the program.

Lots of excuses in this thread for what's right in front of our eyes. He's probably coming back.

😂😂😂

33yards in the first half. Best Gattis can promise is 8... So Army is out.

There's GOT to be some ****poor team somewhere - thoroughly desperate, confused, blissfully unaware, hopeless, dispondent, perplexed, dim witted, dismayed, spiritually and mentally arrested, so slow to move that whatever day today is everywhere else - that won't happen for them until next month for them.

Some team so bad - zero total yards is fifty more than they average . . .

Advertisement
I'm just hoping we get this staff 100% figured out before spring ball this year, last year we barely made it there
I hope we do and hopefully Mario figures it out. However imagine what could’ve been if we had hired a HC with a powerhouse of an offense. We would only be looking for a DC.

Advertisement
Ponce- Gone
Kevin Smith- Gone
Fields- Staying
Mirabal- Staying
Gattis- almost positive Staying

Mario waiting until ESD before announcing staff changes, in regards to relationships etc...
You left off:
TVD - Gone
Garcia - Gone

So what Portal QB are we going to target?

(this is if Gattis is returning).

Now if we somehow keep TVD and Gattis... idk man.
Lets all just hope if we keep Gattis that he majorly improves. I assume Mario is going to allow gattis to bring in a QB coach that he wants. I can't see any way you have a WR coach and OC who has a QB coach he doesn't allign with or who has more input than him. This is honestly why any OC we get needs to just be a QB coach. makes everything easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back