Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is highly entertaining. Gattis is done. Fact. Some of you all looking foolish.
I don’t understand how you can say people look foolish when Gattis is indeed “officially” or “unofficially” still employed with Miami? Just because you have inside info. Those who aren’t privy to such are going be what they see

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
This thread is highly entertaining. Gattis is done. Fact. Some of you all looking foolish.
Then this is the double secret probation of firings.

I don't claim to know a thing. But until I read a press release from the University, Gattis hasn't been fired.

Advertisement
Manny was his own boss at that point. we didnt have an AD. he could stop recruiting or continue. Mario is gattis boss. he tells gattis where to go. you think gattis has dinner w a recruit if Mario says no? no. dont be an idiot.
Gattis is doing what professionals do. The fact that it's inconceivable to you that somebody who has been told he will not be retained is still acting like a professional is absolutely mind blowing.

I remember when Manny was still recruiting even though he had already been let go too.
honestly the amount of people that reference that situation and compare it to this one makes me wonder the average intelligence of the board

manny was the HC, his fate was not in his own hands. of course he would recruit in the end and of course he wouldn't be fired (we didn't have an AD at the time) unless it was by the board so nobody would have told him to "not go recruiting" as he was the head of the football program and that would have been a huge red flag for everyone

gattis is a coordinator. if he was getting fired it would be a decision by cristobal who will remain here after him and he would say "don't go recruiting" etc.

two completely different scenarios

Gattis is doing what professionals do. The fact that it's inconceivable to you that somebody who has been told he will not be retained is still acting like a professional is absolutely mind blowing.
mario wouldn't trust a failed OC who is getting canned to go in home and recruit priority targets for a school that he is leaving in a few weeks

1 of 2 things

either gattis doesn't know yet, or he's coming back. period.

Advertisement
we're all set in our ways. We all want gattis to be gone

but what if mario is stubborn, keeps gattis, and our offense is good next year?

Then we will stfu, enjoy it and be happy to be wrong. Not really hard to do when winning.

honestly the amount of people that reference that situation and compare it to this one makes me wonder the average intelligence of the board

manny was the HC, his fate was not in his own hands. of course he would recruit in the end and of course he wouldn't be fired (we didn't have an AD at the time) unless it was by the board so nobody would have told him to "not go recruiting" as he was the head of the football program and that would have been a huge red flag for everyone

gattis is a coordinator. if he was getting fired it would be a decision by cristobal who will remain here after him and he would say "don't go recruiting" etc.

two completely different scenarios
No, head coaches send guys who won't be retained out to recruit all the time. Your mental gymnastics are falling flat!

I think there is some confusion here. You are right. Gattis has to and should be our recruiting up until the point he is officially fired or let go or hired elsewhere. If for no other reason, not doing so could likely cause problems with him getting a buy out or the last remaining year on his contract. I don't tihnk anyone has an issue with him doing this.

But Gattis isn't sending himself out there to meet with recruits. He isn't going rogue calling RayRay to get dinner. Mario is telling him to do that, and that is the problem people have with it. That Mario is sending him out there to do it, because either 1) he is coming back or 2) it is some weird purgatory type of arrangement that he is being put into/giving continued access to our recruits.

I have said repeatedly that I am reserving judgment until everything is finalized, but this type of person management is close to indefensible.

Advertisement
I believe he’s done, I don’t doubt @Cribby. I’m just making the point that there’s zero benefit or reason on why it has not been made official. The optics of this to the people that matter, players and recruits, SUCKS

Who are you to say the optics suck for players and recruits? You have no idea what players and recruits are being told.

No, head coaches send guys who won't be retained out to recruit all the time. Your mental gymnastics are falling flat!
Lmao, when does a HC send someone out recruiting alone when that person is being let go? And not leaving on their own accord and accompanied by someone who is staying?

T Rob left on his own accord and the second he accepted a job he no longer recruited , McClendon the same

I think there is some confusion here. You are right. Gattis has to and should be our recruiting up until the point he is officially fired or let go or hired elsewhere. If for no other reason, not doing so could likely cause problems with him getting a buy out or the last remaining year on his contract. I don't tihnk anyone has an issue with him doing this.

But Gattis isn't sending himself out there to meet with recruits. He isn't going rogue calling RayRay to get dinner. Mario is telling him to do that, and that is the problem people have with it. That Mario is sending him out there to do it, because either 1) he is coming back or 2) it is some weird purgatory type of arrangement that he is being put into/giving continued access to our recruits.

I have said repeatedly that I am reserving judgment until everything is finalized, but this type of person management is close to indefensible.

That's your view but you have no idea how this business works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back