2024 Joseph Ionata 3* OL from Clearwater

Advertisement
Anthony Pettis Sport GIF by UFC

Center is a VERY specific spot that requires a lot of skill and really not a lot of projection.

Unless the plan is to just portal the **** out of the spot (and you can if you’re willing to spend the $ on it), then getting **** kicked by the great state of Alabama for your last two high school targets isn’t a big deal.

Center is a VERY specific spot that requires a lot of skill and really not a lot of projection.

Unless the plan is to just portal the **** out of the spot (and you can if you’re willing to spend the $ on it), then getting **** kicked by the great state of Alabama for your last two high school targets isn’t a big deal.
I understand everything you’re saying but didn’t we sign another center last year? I’m not worried about Mario and Mirabal finding another good player to recruit and play center for us. they also cross train the O lineman to play all the spots. They even had Rivers working at center last year.

Advertisement
I understand everything you’re saying but didn’t we sign another center last year? I’m not worried about Mario and Mirabal finding another good player to recruit and play center for us. they also cross train the O lineman to play all the spots. They even had Rivers working at center last year.

Losing out on Lew last recruiting cycle and now Ionata hurts.

But there can't be only one decent C per class. I think Antonio Tripp can be a good center. Hopefully at least one kid out of the two Oregon transfers, Seymore and Rodriguez can be serviceable, as well. ... And there's always the portal. We hit a home run with Lee.

Net/net Mario and Mirabal have options. They'll figure it out.

I certainly don’t believe it’s an ideal strategy but I believe that because of his background that the portal will always treat us very well when it comes to OL.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back